2017 MLB Offseason - Spring Training Lets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Terrible managing by the Dodgers though. They'd used every pitcher by the 11th inning. So even if the Dodgers tied the game they were likely to eventually lose.

Which is mind-boggling considering they had a 3-1 lead going into the 8th inning and tried to use Janssen for a six-out save.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
First, what an unbelievable game last night. Such a fun game

Second, I'd be pretty pissed if I were a Yankee fan. A young up and coming team who clearly liked Girardi. After the game 2 debacle in Cleveland and the no challenge, that young team played hard to pick up their manager.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Which is mind-boggling considering they had a 3-1 lead going into the 8th inning and tried to use Janssen for a six-out save.

I want the Astros to win, but I was actually hoping the Dodgers tied it up, just to see the chaos that would have ensued.

McCarthy would have had to keep pitching for them forever, and even though it's an extra-innings World Series game, the Dodgers couldn't pinch-hit for him.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not a Yankees fan, but I dont understand firing him given the Yankees did better this season than many people expected.

He technically wasn't fired, they didn't renew his contract.

I agree though, I think this is a mistake. My first reaction as per the rumors was that Joe was stepping away to be with his family more. To hear this was the team's decision surprised me.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He technically wasn't fired, they didn't renew his contract.

I agree though, I think this is a mistake. My first reaction as per the rumors was that Joe was stepping away to be with his family more. To hear this was the team's decision surprised me.

Same thing as fired.
Just like Sherry Ross.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
First, what an unbelievable game last night. Such a fun game

Second, I'd be pretty pissed if I were a Yankee fan. A young up and coming team who clearly liked Girardi. After the game 2 debacle in Cleveland and the no challenge, that young team played hard to pick up their manager.
I don't really understand why he was fired/contract not extended, the timing is just odd. My friend, he's a big Yankees fan, he says they should have either fired him a year or two ago, before the ''Retooling/rebuild'' or whatever they're calling it, or moved forward with him now. I know he had time left on his contract then, but it's the Yankees and they've eaten money like that before. It's been a long time since they've done it to a manager, as I think both Torre and Showalter were both expiring contracts when they left. I thought the timing was weird. Either let him go before moving in a new direction, or let him continue on in this current direction, which was an ALCS run and one game away from the world series.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This is a local story for Bleed and I too, so it will be all over here even more than most.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is a local story for Bleed and I too, so it will be all over here even more than most.
I was told by someone at work yesterday afternoon, that there was a plane crash a little up the coast from us. He was told this by someone who was up by where the plane went down.

This was before it had made the news, so we didn't know who was on the plane at the time. So we didn't know it was Halladay, until it came out in the news a couple hours later.

That sucks. First Jose Fernandez on a boat, then Halladay on a plane. I usually have massive anxiety on planes, even though I've flown on them more than some people that I know.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

eSCALATED_1487040000699_8508527_ver1.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->