New Jersey
Bad apples.
ext

There's always one in the bunch.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Our Top 10 pick has owned himself off the team in only two seasons.

That's some Ring of Honor type stuff right there.

Last edited:

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I know less about football than I do about hockey (that is quite the feat, let me tell ya) but Gettleman is awful. Good luck Giants fans.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
They should be able to but like the fact that they would take him over Rosen/Darnold/Barkley is really funny to me. I’m not high on Allen at all, I want one of Rosen/Darnold, moreso Rosen so if the Browns mess around and take Allen I’d love that lol. I could see the Jets taking Allen if he makes it to them, apparently Mccagnan is really high on him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the Jets may try to buy their QB--either Cousins or Jimmy G--rather than drafting him. Who knows though.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't mind Gettleman. Is it safe and boring? Yes. But he's very familiar with the Giants personnel and had success in Carolina. It's funny, he's criticized for not signing players near or over the age of thirty to long term deals: sounds like that's HFBoards approved :)

He'll be fine with the personnel, Mara and Tisch will be a checks and balances to that.

Build from the trenches out? This team needs a real line already.

My big question is while not old, he's going to be 67 in early 2018, so would he do this for a decade or is this similar to a Toronto and Pittsburgh in the NHL situation where both clubs have GMs in their late 60s/early 70s (Lamierello and Rutherford) but also have younger AGMs in place (Shannahan and Gurein). Is he going to be out by let's say 2022-23 and have someone he and the Mara/Tisch combo select take over?

Reactions: ponzu4u

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't mind Gettleman. Is it safe and boring? Yes. But he's very familiar with the Giants personnel and had success in Carolina. It's funny, he's criticized for not signing players near or over the age of thirty to long term deals: sounds like that's HFBoards approved :)

He'll be fine with the personnel, Mara and Tisch will be a checks and balances to that.

Build from the trenches out? This team needs a real line already.

My big question is while not old, he's going to be 67 in early 2018, so would he do this for a decade or is this similar to a Toronto and Pittsburgh in the NHL situation where both clubs have GMs in their late 60s/early 70s (Lamierello and Rutherford) but also have younger AGMs in place (Shannahan and Gurein). Is he going to be out by let's say 2022-23 and have someone he and the Mara/Tisch combo select take over?

The good thing with Gettleman is that he has no problem cutting players. He's great with the axe. Hopefully he and OBJ can bond over their mutual hatred of Josh Norman.

The team needs to take a QB in the first round. This is a bad draft for top of the tackles and taking a guard at two or three would be a fireable offense, to me. The good thing is that I like the second and third round for really solid linemen. I'd be fine doubling up in those rounds, actually.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Allen at #1 would be crazy. They could definitely trade down to get him, no? Make a trade with the Jets to swap picks. I don't think the Jets take Allen.

I'm also drunk. Sorry.

Eh, not really. His bowl performance was fantastic and showed that much of the season was about injuries and zero depth. His combine and pro days will determine if he's a top 20 pick, a top 10 pick, or a top 5 pick.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Eh, not really. His bowl performance was fantastic and showed that much of the season was about injuries and zero depth. His combine and pro days will determine if he's a top 20 pick, a top 10 pick, or a top 5 pick.
Yeah, but it’s the Browns, so RIP Allen.

Giants should go Rosen. I think Darnold is overrated

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, but it’s the Browns, so RIP Allen.

Giants should go Rosen. I think Darnold is overrated

Either would be fine. I'd be fine with Allen, Rosen, Darnold, or Jackson. Mayfield or Rudolph in a trade-down with proper due diligence, too. This is the deepest year since 2004 for QBs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad