2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess we’ll just agree to disagree on this topic. A lot of those yards are inflated because they’ve spent some of the longest time leading in games this season. And for what it’s worth, I 100% agree thar they get propped up by a great d line, but I’m still sticking to my original assessment that this group is right around league average, if not slightly better. Douglas has been one of the best rookie CBs, and Robinson has been a great value guy. I’m iffy on Mills, but tend to like him overall. I love Jenkins and McLeod at S.

I mean, you're mentioning a lot of #2/3 DBs, basically. Patrick Robinson and Jenkins have been really good this year. The rest of the guys are 2/3 DBs or depth.

I've always been a Douglas fan, but he's a depth player right now.

And the interesting thing is those guys are playing at a below-average level WITH the incredible line and linebacking play. That's not a good sign, man. Now, every team is flawed. And that is your flaw on defense (it's pretty clear, IMO). But the Eagles are just flat out able to get around their flaw with the line and LB play. Not a knock on you guys since literally every team has a major flaw.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I wasn't. Generational talent. Frankly, the only reason he wasn't a top 3 pick WAS the injury.

As much as Flowers has progressed, he can't even be mentioned in the same breath.
Surgeries have come a long way over the years. RB's never used to be the same after knee injuries years ago. Right now he looks as fast as ever if that is even possible.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
On this day in history: The 3 Wise Men peacefully traveled to the incoming birth site of baby Jesus happily knowing that they'd be long gone by the time the 2-12 Giants played the 6-8 Cardinals.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I really don't understand why the 2-12 New York Football Giants are refusing to give a look at the player who could potentially be their future QB. Totally boggles the mind. The only explanation I can think of is that no matter what Webb shows, they're still going to draft a QB. Which I guess makes sense after bringing in a new GM, a new HC, and hopefully a lot more new faces. We're turning over the franchise, so it makes sense to let them pick their guy, right?

But it's not like the future GM of the Giants won't be able to see what Webb shows the next two games. There's this super new technology called moving pictures, or video, I believe, where people can see things that they weren't there for. Really awesome stuff. Future shit.

#FreeWebb

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I mean if I were the Giants, I'd want Rosen too. I do agree that there's zero reason to not give Webb a game to show what he's got. Not like they're fighting for a playoff spot or have any valid excuse to not play him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I really don't understand why the 2-12 New York Football Giants are refusing to give a look at the player who could potentially be their future QB. Totally boggles the mind. The only explanation I can think of is that no matter what Webb shows, they're still going to draft a QB. Which I guess makes sense after bringing in a new GM, a new HC, and hopefully a lot more new faces. We're turning over the franchise, so it makes sense to let them pick their guy, right?

But it's not like the future GM of the Giants won't be able to see what Webb shows the next two games. There's this super new technology called moving pictures, or video, I believe, where people can see things that they weren't there for. Really awesome stuff. Future ****.

#FreeWebb

Because Mara is a coward who bowed to the Eli fanboys who bitched and moaned.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I mean if I were the Giants, I'd want Rosen too. I do agree that there's zero reason to not give Webb a game to show what he's got. Not like they're fighting for a playoff spot or have any valid excuse to not play him.

The Giants are probably going to win next week. I don’t see the Skins trying at all in that game, and there is potential for there to be bad weather during that game too. If they win this whole thing is pointless since they’d end up 3rd anyway

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hopefully Engram is the last receiver that Eli injures with an airmail'd pass. I am done watching this guy place receivers in harms way. The guy has become a complete joke with this awful throwing. This decline has been sad to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad