OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
The Giants just went an entire half with just one 1st down, and that didnt come until the last minute. I don't care how trashy the offensive line is -- your QB and his zillion dollars should be able to squeak more than one out in an entire half.

Im happy they are losing because I want the high pick. But that pick better be made by a new GM, with input from a new coach -- both who want that new pick to start at QB next season.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The Giants just went an entire half with just one 1st down, and that didnt come until the last minute. I don't care how trashy the offensive line is -- your QB and his zillion dollars should be able to squeak more than one out in an entire half.

Im happy they are losing because I want the high pick. But that pick better be made by a new GM, with input from a new coach -- both who want that new pick to start at QB next season.

That actually might be the worst half of football I have ever seen. No exaggeration. 40 yards of offense. 36 of those on one drive which ended in a pick.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Thank God we lost.

Absolutely. Especially since they have a soft remaining schedule. The only concern is the defense has finally woken up and is keeping them in games. The offense is full-blown AIDS. They were absolutely smothered in all areas by one of the NFC's worst defenses. Washington is tied for 22nd in first downs allowed and 21st in YPG.

The (sorta) good news is that the teams gunning for the No. 1 pick play each other along the way.

Colts (3-7) play the Broncos (3-7) on 12/14
Browns (0-10) play the Bears (3-7) on 12/24
Bears (3-7) play the Niners (1-9) on 12/3 -- Bears have a murder remaining schedule other than CLE/SF games

The Browns have been playing well of late. I think they're close to winning one, and they have three winnable games left:

@Cin
GB
@CHI

The Niners are definitely winning at least two more games. Five of their losses have been by 3 points or less and two were OT losses. Have to figure Garoppolo makes a difference and four of the next six are winnable:

SEA
@CHI
@HOU
TEN

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Absolutely. Especially since they have a soft remaining schedule. The only concern is the defense has finally woken up and is keeping them in games. The offense is full-blown AIDS. They were absolutely smothered in all areas by one of the NFC's worst defenses. Washington is tied for 22nd in first downs allowed and 21st in YPG.

The (sorta) good news is that the teams gunning for the No. 1 pick play each other along the way.

Colts (3-7) play the Broncos (3-7) on 12/14
Browns (0-10) play the Bears (3-7) on 12/24
Bears (3-7) play the Niners (1-9) on 12/3 -- Bears have a murder remaining schedule other than CLE/SF games

The Browns have been playing well of late. I think they're close to winning one, and they have three winnable games left:

@Cin
GB
@CHI

The Niners are definitely winning at least two more games. Five of their losses have been by 3 points or less and two were OT losses. Have to figure Garoppolo makes a difference and four of the next six are winnable:

SEA
@CHI
@HOU
TEN

The Giants will be sitting pretty as long as they only win one more game. If they win 2 I could see it pushing them down to 5-7 in the draft. Winning one I would be shocked if they picked lower than 3. I think Dallas and Philly are losses for sure. The other 3 are all potentially winnable, particularly the last one where in all likelihood the Skins are eliminated and are just going through the motions. I don't want to go into that game 3-12. Some of the WRs may also be back then too. I will be interested to see if they ultimately sit guys who may be ready to come back

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think I've ever fully given up on one of my teams until this year. It's very, very strange. Barely watched the game yesterday. I want the Giants to lose. Fell asleep before it was over.

I don't like this.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Giants will be sitting pretty as long as they only win one more game. If they win 2 I could see it pushing them down to 5-7 in the draft. Winning one I would be shocked if they picked lower than 3. I think Dallas and Philly are losses for sure. The other 3 are all potentially winnable, particularly the last one where in all likelihood the Skins are eliminated and are just going through the motions. I don't want to go into that game 3-12. Some of the WRs may also be back then too. I will be interested to see if they ultimately sit guys who may be ready to come back
Dallas has looked like utter garbage without Zeke. They're hardly s guaranteed loss.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's a good thing the Jets melt down in the fourth quarter every week or else they'd have like seven or eight wins and never get a QB. :laugh:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It's a good thing the Jets melt down in the fourth quarter every week or else they'd have like seven or eight wins and never get a QB. :laugh:
If the jets win every game they had a lead in the 4th quarter they'd make the playoffs. I'd take that over picking from a non-descript cohort of "can't miss" qb prospects.

Edit: Here's a list of all QBs picked by the Jets in the 1st round.

Namath (#1 19665)
Todd (#6 1976)
O'Brien (#24 1983) -- Marino
Pennington (#18 2000) -- Brady
Sanchez (#5 2009)

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If the jets win every game they had a lead in the 4th quarter they'd make the playoffs. I'd take that over picking from a non-descript cohort of "can't miss" qb prospects.

Edit: Here's a list of all QBs picked by the Jets in the 1st round.

Namath (#1 19665)
Todd (#6 1976)
O'Brien (#24 1983) -- Marino
Pennington (#18 2000) -- Brady
Sanchez (#5 2009)
I hear where you're coming from, but they make the playoffs, go out, then what? Hope they can get Cousins or Garroppolo or someone? They at least have a chance now at grabbing someone that could make a difference down the line. I've rooted for them to win every game, bit now that they've blown it, I do see a potential silver lining.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I hear where you're coming from, but they make the playoffs, go out, then what? Hope they can get Cousins or Garroppolo or someone? They at least have a chance now at grabbing someone that could make a difference down the line. I've rooted for them to win every game, bit now that they've blown it, I do see a potential silver lining.
At least the Jets haven't had any real busts picking QBs in the 1st (say what you want about Sanchez). But except in very rare cases picking QBs is a crapshoot. And while I don't usually pay attention to mock drafts a recent mock by Matt Miller has the Giants picking Darnold, the Jets taking Baker Mayfield and the Browns picking yet another QB.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I am warming up to Darnold. He's looked quite good lately. I still like Rosen more. Mayfield is so damn fun to watch. My original favorite, Rudolph, has cooled off a bit but should still be a solid second round pick.

Allen is the real question mark out of everyone.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I am warming up to Darnold. He's looked quite good lately. I still like Rosen more. Mayfield is so damn fun to watch. My original favorite, Rudolph, has cooled off a bit but should still be a solid second round pick.

Allen is the real question mark out of everyone.
Which of them is the most mobile?

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
A tree stump with a steering wheel lock placed on it is more mobile than Eli so I feel we'd upgrade on that regardless.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Does having a playbook focused on Jackson's mobility take away from OBJ? Can they co-exist in the same offense? If Darnold doesn't enter, and the draft ends up going:

Browns - Rosen
9ers - Barkley
Giants OTC

I'm gonna be nervous. I might trade down in that situation if it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad