OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They could definitely co-exist. If anything, Jackson would demand a SPY from the defense. So you take away the ability to double a WR. It potentially opens up OBJ to single coverage on most routes. Particularly slant routes where he’d almost always have single coverage with a LB or S dedicated to SPY duty.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Why would you feel sick? We need to give Geno a shot as well. He AND Webb should get time.

This is a fantastic move in a lost season.
Because I love Eli and I'm sad that this is how it ends for him. And I'm disgruntled that they're not going to just go to Webb, but Geno. Go to Webb. We know what Geno is. Let's see what we have in Webb before we go into the draft with a top-3 pick.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Per McA, both Geno and Webb will be getting looks going forward. About God damn time.

I wonder if the multiple balls in the dirt last week on wide open receivers were the final straw for this.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Because I love Eli and I'm sad that this is how it ends for him. And I'm disgruntled that they're not going to just go to Webb, but Geno. Go to Webb. We know what Geno is. Let's see what we have in Webb before we go into the draft with a top-3 pick.

They are going with both of them. Zero reason to not look at Geno. We actually don’t know what he is as a non-Jet.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, let’s give Eli a ton of credit here. He was given the opportunity to keep starting but leave the game soon after. He declined and said to hand it to the kids.

Super classy move.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The day has finally come. A day I have both dreamt of and held terror over at different times for different reasons.

Not gonna lie I'm a little rattled right now.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
They are going with both of them. Zero reason to not look at Geno. We actually don’t know what he is as a non-Jet.

I don't know how much being a non-Jet and throwing to this receiver corps is going to benefit Geno. Guess we'll see.

Makes more sense to me to go to Webb first and if he can't hack it, then go to Geno. Webb is more important to work out than Geno for the Giants.

Also, let’s give Eli a ton of credit here. He was given the opportunity to keep starting but leave the game soon after. He declined and said to hand it to the kids.

Super classy move.

Expect nothing else from Eli.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Per McA, both Geno and Webb will be getting looks going forward. About God damn time.

I wonder if the multiple balls in the dirt last week on wide open receivers were the final straw for this.

Jon, I usually agree with you. But what do you really think you're going to learn about Smith or Webb with this crap line, no running game and a receiving corp that is depleted.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jon, I usually agree with you. But what do you really think you're going to learn about Smith or Webb with this crap line, no running game and a receiving corp that is depleted.

I don’t care if either throws 15 picks. I want to see how they read defenses. I want to see their progressions. This idea that an offensive line that largely held up other than last week not being able to give us the ability to evaluate is a bit off.

The big negative is no Fluker. That will definitely hurt the run game, which was at least passable.

We need to see if these guys can read the game. That was Geno’s struggle with the Jets and Webb’s struggle in college.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don’t care if either throws 15 picks. I want to see how they read defenses. I want to see their progressions. This idea that an offensive line that largely held up other than last week not being able to give us the ability to evaluate is a bit off.

The big negative is no Fluker. That will definitely hurt the run game, which was at least passable.

We need to see if these guys can read the game. That was Geno’s struggle with the Jets and Webb’s struggle in college.
Wouldn't throwing 15 picks be pretty good evidence of not being able to read a defense? ;)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm also not sure how you can tell if either can read a defense with a crap line and practice squad skill players.

The line has largely been adequate for a while on the passing side. Perfect? Not remotely. But adequate enough. Hell, Flowers had his first bad game in a while after being a normal looking LT since the Detroit game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad