OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not a giants fan. And I rewatched the video and both were out of bounds while they fight for the ball. That's a fact not an opinion. When did either player have full control? If neither player established full control before they put a foot, toe ear or whatever out of bounds then it's incomplete. Can you tell one way or another?
It's joint possession, dude. It was a TD.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Friggen Jets don't know what the **** they want to do.

They start the year in tank mode but the players and coaches show some pride and they figure out a way to win 3 ugly games.

Now us fans once the team gets our hopes up a bit as we start to think "OK maybe this team wasn't so bad afterterall and so tanking wasn't the way to go" and now they lose 2 in a row with today in classic "same old Jets" fashion, now I'm hoping we lose the last 9 games of the season so we have a chance at getting one of those 3 studly QB's.

I tell ya, being a loyalJet fan has to be THE most frustrating and hardest thing a fan can do in all of sports.....uggggg
Loyal Browns and Lions fans say hi.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We won't know until we find out if he can even read NFL defenses in a remotely projectable way.

We HAVE to find out what Webb has. Period.

I don't disagree, I just question whether or not he's the future, especially with these three QBs entering the draft and the pick the Giants are staring at. Although, you find out what Webb has, maybe it's good enough to make you pass on a QB and go Barkley, if you're (un)lucky enough to be in that position, or possibly trade down.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Is this going to be Webb's team, though? If the Giants end up with a top-3 pick in the draft, do they draft Rosen or Darnold?

Personally, if the Giants do end up in the top-3, I'm rooting hard for Barkley.

Way I see it playing out is the Giants finish the season with what will likely be a top-5 pick. FO gets cleaned out, as well as the coaching staff. New FO comes in, and picks their QB to build around.
Do you think their line will be good enough next season for Barkley? I mean the kid can make something happen out of nothing by himself, but I'd think adding a franchise QB to pick up after Eli would do more for the Giants long term. I think Darnold is overrated as f***, and as an objective fan, I'd say go for Rosen or Mason Rudolph

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Loyal Browns and Lions fans say hi.

LOL....too funny Leetchie. Yeah your right, I know us loyal Jet fans aren't alone out there in the world of fandom when it comes to vomit inducing performances over the years....trust me I know I'm not alone.

It just seems that the Jets have perfected these incredible letdown performances compared to others...I dunno probably me just being biased....hah. Or maybe cause I'm older than most of us in here, I've suffered more years than most. Whatever the reason, it just blows chunks being a backer of Gang Green

Reactions: LeetchisGod

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
LOL....too funny Leetchie. Yeah your right, I know us loyal Jet fans aren't alone out there in the world of fandom when it comes to vomit inducing performances over the years....trust me I know I'm not alone.

It just seems that the Jets have perfected these incredible letdown performances compared to others...I dunno probably me just being biased....hah. Or maybe cause I'm older than most of us in here, I've suffered more years than most. Whatever the reason, it just blows chunks being a backer of Gang Green
I hear you. I'm a Giants, Yankees and Rangers fan but have nothing against the other NY teams. The only NYC metro team that I actively root against is the Islanders for obvious reasons.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Would anyone be surprised as it would be so "Jet like" for this to happen but that when the season ends, the Giants will be the team who will ultimately have tanked and gotten their franchise QB of the future a Darnauld for instance, whereas the Jets because they'll likely win 5-7 games, will still be withought a QB to lead them to the next level because they won too much?

I mean only the Jets could end up "losing" by "winning" football games and the team that they share the same field with ends up ultiamatly getting the guy the Jets wanted(Darnald) because instead of winning games, they ended up losing enough to screw the Jets!!

Unreal, you simply cannot make shit like this up....total bizzaro world....lol

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
DNEpHO_X0AAgSBH.jpg

I don't like RBs that high unless they are a franchise-type player. Not sure I see Barkley as a franchise player (I think he's a pretty elite talent, but it takes something truly special as a RB to be a franchise guy).

Fair enough.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Catanzaro is garbage. Never understood why they didn't go with the younger kid, Martin. They better do something about the position before next year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm freaking dying to know what's gonna happen with Ezekiel Elliott. My fantasy season depends on it, LOL.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
Shit, man. That Zach Miller footage makes me queasy. After all these years of watching sports it doesn't get any easier. Read now that he might lose his leg. That's just horrible. I hope things work out as good as possible for him so he can live a normal life.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm 5-3 and feeling good about the playoffs, but now I have a conundrum with Zeke. I have him, Devonta Freeman, Buck Allen and Orleans Darkwa. I could potentially get Frank Gore. Is Gore a better option than Allen or Darkwa? It's a full PPR league so I like Allen. Gore is safe. I'm not going to do anything with Zeke for the moment. And I don't want to roster five RBs given I only have four bench spots. Thoughts and advice?

I posted this on the fantasy board but would like to see if you guys had any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad