OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
The Sharks made it to the Currie Cup final next week, the Seahawks are slowly regaining their momentum. For me it isn't all bad luckily.

Lucky you. I hate when I enjoy more rooting against some teams than whatch Mine.

At least my regular football team is in the zone to classify to the Copa Libertadores.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Jets don't know what the f*** they want to do.

They start the year in tank mode but the players and coaches show some pride and they figure out a way to win 3 ugly games.

Now us fans once the team gets our hopes up a bit as we start to think "OK maybe this team wasn't so bad afterterall and so tanking wasn't the way to go" and now they lose 2 in a row with today in classic "same old Jets" fashion, now I'm hoping we lose the last 9 games of the season so we have a chance at getting one of those 3 studly QB's.

I tell ya, being a loyalJet fan has to be THE most frustrating and hardest thing a fan can do in all of sports.....uggggg

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Eli not starting a game would be quite the decision.

Not even saying I necessarily disagree with it, but man that's what would burn an image in my mind when I think of McAdoo's tenure.

Either that or his haircut change from quiet/unassuming neighbor to guy playing a mafia enforcer on daytime television.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Friggen Jets don't know what the **** they want to do.

They start the year in tank mode but the players and coaches show some pride and they figure out a way to win 3 ugly games.

Now us fans once the team gets our hopes up a bit as we start to think "OK maybe this team wasn't so bad afterterall and so tanking wasn't the way to go" and now they lose 2 in a row with today in classic "same old Jets" fashion, now I'm hoping we lose the last 9 games of the season so we have a chance at getting one of those 3 studly QB's.

I tell ya, being a loyalJet fan has to be THE most frustrating and hardest thing a fan can do in all of sports.....uggggg

Yeah, i was briefly on the "okay lets try to win" train but once we lost that Patriots game I was like, okay back on the tank train. I also hope we lose out. We already proved we're not the WURST TEAM EVAR 0-16 like everyone said we would be, theres no point in finishing 5-11 or 6-10. Gotta draft a QB.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Friggen Jets don't know what the **** they want to do.

After the Patriots game I was back to "okay, let's lose out." I was playing airsoft yesterday during the game and every time I was out and back to base, I'd pull out my phone and check the score. I was so f***ing conflicted. Like seeing us up 28-14 and McCown scoring all kinds of touchdowns, I was kind of excited. Then later I see it's 28-28 and we're about to lose. I didn't even stick with my phone long enough to see how it happened (I read after the fact), I just kind of shook my head and reassured myself that it's all for the best.

Problem remains that this team is too good to lose out. I mean they had a realistic chance to beat the Patriots and had they not pulled a Jets yesterday, they could actually have been 5-2. Could you imagine that?!?! I think they've demonstrated enough that they probably find a way to win another three games or so the remainder of the season.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It wasn't. It's either a reception or an interception. The ball never hit the ground, nor were the players out of bounds
Uh Richardson was out of bounds and the refs didn't seem to know who had possession until long after he was out of bounds. It's clear (at least to me) he didn't have control while he was in bounds. I don't know if Collins did which is why I said there could be a case, not that it should have been ruled incomplete.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Uh Richardson was out of bounds and the refs didn't seem to know who had possession until long after he was out of bounds. It's clear (at least to me) he didn't have control while he was in bounds. I don't know if Collins did which is why I said there could be a case, not that it should have been ruled incomplete.

That's your opinion as a Giants fan. The explanation is as follows: Richardson caught the ball in the air, came down, did not lose possession and then there are 2 possibilities:

1. Richardson is the only one who has the ball -> Touchdown
2. Joint possession -> Touchdown

The only way this wasn't a touchdown, is if Richardson loses possession and he didn't.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
That's your opinion as a Giants fan. The explanation is as follows: Richardson caught the ball in the air, came down, did not lose possession and then there are 2 possibilities:

1. Richardson is the only one who has the ball -> Touchdown
2. Joint possession -> Touchdown

The only way this wasn't a touchdown, is if Richardson loses possession and he didn't.
I'm not a giants fan. And I rewatched the video and both were out of bounds while they fight for the ball. That's a fact not an opinion. When did either player have full control? If neither player established full control before they put a foot, toe ear or whatever out of bounds then it's incomplete. Can you tell one way or another?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm not a giants fan. And I rewatched the video and both were out of bounds while they fight for the ball. That's a fact not an opinion. When did either player have full control? If neither player established full control before they put a foot, toe ear or whatever out of bounds then it's incomplete. Can you tell one way or another?

Richardson had control, and according to the refs didn't lose control after coming down. Joint possession doesn't mean one lost control.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The time is now. Let Eli start and maintain his stupid streak and let Webb come in after the half.

Is this going to be Webb's team, though? If the Giants end up with a top-3 pick in the draft, do they draft Rosen or Darnold?

Personally, if the Giants do end up in the top-3, I'm rooting hard for Barkley.

Way I see it playing out is the Giants finish the season with what will likely be a top-5 pick. FO gets cleaned out, as well as the coaching staff. New FO comes in, and picks their QB to build around.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is this going to be Webb's team, though? If the Giants end up with a top-3 pick in the draft, do they draft Rosen or Darnold?

Personally, if the Giants do end up in the top-3, I'm rooting hard for Barkley.

Way I see it playing out is the Giants finish the season with what will likely be a top-5 pick. FO gets cleaned out, as well as the coaching staff. New FO comes in, and picks their QB to build around.

We won't know until we find out if he can even read NFL defenses in a remotely projectable way.

We HAVE to find out what Webb has. Period.

Reactions: klingsor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad