OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think I'm being very realistic here and not getting crazy. Nothing is making sense is what I'm saying. Jets weren't even supposed to win 3 games and yet here it is that's what they have after 5 games. Jags just beat the Steelers today at Pittsburgh and shutout the Ravens 44-0 and yet somehow we beat them. The Fish got lucky and beat the Chargers out west when their kicker missed a GW FG and today beat the Titans albeit withought Mariotta but still Titans were supposed to be a serious playoff contender this year. Yeah the Browns blow but still Jets beat them.

Bottom line, Jets are beating teams that before season, all of them were considred better than them. And that includes the Browns. It's bizzaro world...it really is. I think alot of Jets fans are like me and finding themselves shocked at what is going on. We were all prepared for the tank job that mngt indicated what was going on in order to get a high draft pick so we could get a franchise QB and yet instead, the players who all have pride and are playing for their careers are playing well enough to win games.

I am under no illussions of grander. I'm very very realistic and always have been. This has just been a weird year. I was sort of kidding that the Jets would beat the Pats next week at Met Life but with way this year has gone, nothing would shock me at this point....
I disagree with your premise. Big ben threw 5 picks and the steelers defense isn't what it used to be and the Jets defense isn't as bad as some people think. Roethlisberger has been on a long decline and Bortles was as bad as ever. No reason to think the Jaguars are any good. They beat the Texans with Tom Savage and the Ravens when Flacco forgot how to throw a football. The browns? They probably won't win a game yet had every opportunity to beat the Jets. The fins getting cutler is not much different than the Jets getting McCown. Maybe the Jets can beat the fins again but that's probably the only game left they have a realistic chance at winning. I still hope they beat the Pats though.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
As of right now, I’d take WVU alumni Skyler Howard over Manning. And Howard is probably loading trucks right now. Howard was trash, but he never got our receivers injured.
Why bother when there's a WVU alum that's the back up QB currently?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wow so Marshall, Beckham, and Harris all done for the year.

Shepherd out for at least 4 weeks, probably 6

Darkwa out for at least 2, probably 4

Perkins already out this past week, probably out for at least 1 more.

That's it. It's over. Just tank the season away. There's no way the giants win more than 3 games on their schedule:

Broncos
Seahawks
Rams
49ers
Chiefs
Redskins
Raiders
Cowboys
Eagles
Cardinals
Redskins

That's the schedule for the remaining 11 weeks... They win maybe the 49ers game and the Cardinals game... I'll toss in one extra flukey win against one of the better teams... They're going to go 3-13 this year at best.

Just tank it away

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Top lel

Giants were awful BEFORE everyone got hurt. What the hell could they possibly be now? I'm actually horrified to see :laugh:

Giants haven't had a season with less than 6 wins since 2003. Haven't had a season with less than 4 wins since 1983.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Top lel

Giants were awful BEFORE everyone got hurt. What the hell could they possibly be now? I'm actually horrified to see :laugh:

Giants haven't had a season with less than 6 wins since 2003. Haven't had a season with less than 4 wins since 1983.

Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you go back up the mountain

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you go back up the mountain

This seriously has all the minerals to be the worst Giants season I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I probably sound like I'm morbidly gushing about it lately but I can't get over it considering the discrepancy between the expectations and the results so far. :laugh:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Maras can right this ship by instituting a scorched earth policy. Reese gone. McAdoo gone. Due their due diligence and find a new GM to make this likely top 5 pick and take the franchise in a new direction.

Reactions: romba

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think I'm being very realistic here and not getting crazy. Nothing is making sense is what I'm saying. Jets weren't even supposed to win 3 games and yet here it is that's what they have after 5 games. Jags just beat the Steelers today at Pittsburgh and shutout the Ravens 44-0 and yet somehow we beat them. The Fish got lucky and beat the Chargers out west when their kicker missed a GW FG and today beat the Titans albeit withought Mariotta but still Titans were supposed to be a serious playoff contender this year. Yeah the Browns blow but still Jets beat them.

Bottom line, Jets are beating teams that before season, all of them were considred better than them. And that includes the Browns. It's bizzaro world...it really is. I think alot of Jets fans are like me and finding themselves shocked at what is going on. We were all prepared for the tank job that mngt indicated what was going on in order to get a high draft pick so we could get a franchise QB and yet instead, the players who all have pride and are playing for their careers are playing well enough to win games.

I am under no illussions of grander. I'm very very realistic and always have been. This has just been a weird year. I was sort of kidding that the Jets would beat the Pats next week at Met Life but with way this year has gone, nothing would shock me at this point....
I disagree with your premise. Big ben threw 5 picks and the steelers defense isn't what it used to be and the Jets defense isn't as bad as some people think. Roethlisberger has been on a long decline and Bortles was as bad as ever. No reason to think the Jaguars are any good. They beat the Texans with Tom Savage and the Ravens when Flacco forgot how to throw a football. The browns? They probably won't win a game yet had every opportunity to beat the Jets. The fins getting cutler is not much different than the Jets getting McCown. Maybe the Jets can beat the fins again but that's probably the only game left they have a realistic chance at winning. I still hope they beat the Pats though.

Not sure what we disagree with. Maybe I'm missing it. Before season every team Jets were supposed to playy were perceived to be better than the Jets including the Browns. Despite that, Jets have won 3 games so far. You say the defense was supposed to be OK before season and I can agree with that. What is really odd is that the two Jet players on defense who were supposed to be good.....Mohammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams have been absolute zero's this year....just horrid. It's as if they are going thru the motions they have been so bad.

Yet other than Raider game, the defense has been pretty damn good. Not sure what got into Demario Davis but he has morphed into

Not sure what we are disagreeing about. Maybe I'm missing it. Before season, every team on Jets schedule was supposed to be better than us including the Browns. Somehow tho, we've figure out a way to win 3 games. What I find really odd is that the supposed two best players on the defense...Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams have played like shit so far. They've been for most part non-entitties. And yet despite that the defense has players pretty darn good.

Not sure what the hell happened to Demario Davis but ever since we brought him back for his second stint as a Jet, he's playing now at an all-pro level. Our secondary besides the two rookies Adams and Maye who are playing very well, has been a huge supprise. I didn't know Claiborne was going to be so good but he is. He always had the pedigre but he never could stay healthy when he was a Cowboy. But him healthy..dang, he's really good.

Not sure obviously how long this is going to last and yes it's not like we've beaten top tier teams but still...we've beaten teams that looked beatable and we've done that which is something as most of longtime Jet fans know, normally doesn't happen.

I got a hunch we are going to give the Patriots all they can handle and will make them sweat bullets. We always make Pats sweat when they come to NY and Sunday won't be any different. I'd anticipate more and more Jet fans are jumping back on the bandwagon and Met Life will be hopping and will be very loud. I still think Pats will likely beat us but ,god forbid we win and go to 4-2, this season might just end up being the wildest most unexpected season Jets have had in decades. I for one can't wait for Sunday to see how it plays out.....:)

Reactions: nyr2k2

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
This seriously has all the minerals to be the worst Giants season I've ever seen in my lifetime.

I probably sound like I'm morbidly gushing about it lately but I can't get over it considering the discrepancy between the expectations and the results so far. :laugh:
Giants = Mets

Giants were 12-1 to win the superbowl and are now 300-1. Yet so are the Jets despite being 3-2 and tied for 1st place. No respect.

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Giants suspended CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for conduct detrimental to the team.
According to those involved, Rodgers-Cromartie came into the facility Wednesday and got into a heated altercation with coach Ben McAdoo. It reportedly had much to do with his role on defense. DRC has been playing inside, covering the slot, but wants to play outside after he briefly was given the chance to in Week 5 against the Chargers at the expense of Eli Apple. The coaching staff apparently wants to go back to Apple, and DRC decided to leave the team. It's a sinking ship for the G-Men. Look for Ross Cockrell to pick up the available snaps.

This organization is profoundly dysfunctional at the moment. They will be lucky to win 3 games.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This should have been expected. As a Jets fan, the Giants always show the way on how things are supposed to be run. Jets go all in to win only to fall short, while the Giants get hot and the right time to win two superbowls.

Now, the Jets are actively trying to be bad and rebuild and can't stop winning games, while the Giants are literally falling apart at the seams. Is it not enough that the Giants show us up by winning, but are now out tanking us too? Can you please let us have something?

Reactions: ponzu4u and nyr2k2

LeetchisGod

May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This should have been expected. As a Jets fan, the Giants always show the way on how things are supposed to be run. Jets go all in to win only to fall short, while the Giants get hot and the right time to win two superbowls.

Now, the Jets are actively trying to be bad and rebuild and can't stop winning games, while the Giants are literally falling apart at the seams. Is it not enough that the Giants show us up by winning, but are now out tanking us too? Can you please let us have something?
All that goes out the window if Jerry Reese is allowed to make this pick.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I cannot believe how Jetsie the Giants have been this season. it's absolutely unreal - following their playbook to a T.

Giants will end up with a franchise QB in the draft, and the Jets will have Mike Glennon and a 3rd round system QB from the Big 12 next year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Seems inevitable that the Giants are going to end up with a top-5 pick and a new QB to build around. Hopefully they give him a new offensive line and a better head coach. This team is falling apart and it needs to be saved.

Fire Reese. Fire McAdoo. Let the transition commence.

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
All of this can't be sitting well with the owners....the Giants have always been a proud organization that conducted their business with class. Not a good look.
P.S. I wouldn't mind if this was the end of OBJ as a Giant. tremendously talented but not worth the BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad