OT: 2017 Football Thread II: Rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
0-16 is reserved for teams completely bereft of talent. The Giants have enough on both sides of the ball that they'll win at least a couple games. Even without Beckham.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Broken ankle for Beckham.

Would be a miracle if we comes away from that with no ligament damage.

I look at the Giants roster, and truly believe they are a far, far better team than 0-5. When that happens, to me, it falls on the coaching staff.

I'm not as mad at Eli as most other people seem to be, but definitely not in love with the fact that he's going high on a lot of throws. It may have caused OBJ's injury, but it's also a freak play when things like that happen. OBJ comes down naturally on that, and we're miffed at Eli for going high and missing the target, but it's not the end of the world. We're allowing the effect to cloud our judgment of the cause.

I don't know who the obvious successor to McAdoo is. I don't know if he's out there. But if he is, I'd like to get him on to this team tomorrow, and let him start instilling his offense. Hate to say it after five games, but this season is lost, especially now with OBJ done for the year.

McAdoo has got to go.

Lose four receivers in one game. Back to back weeks losing on a game-ending FG. What a weird ****ing season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not sure how you can’t be mad at Eli, man. You can go back years on here and BBV with my posts about Manning throwing this high shit. I’ve been worried about him getting someone seriously hurt for years, now. He’s gotten dudes injured, but never this badly. And of course it’s the only guy really worth a damn (and the guy carrying Eli on his back at this point) on the roster, offensively.

I mean, this was a slant, dude. A slant. Why was that ball thrown remotely high on a slant pattern at that time in the game? What is going through that moron’s head?

The idea that Manning can’t complete a simple f***ing slant pass without forcing his star player into the air blows my mind. Absolutely blows my mind. And now we’re going to be left wondering how much this takes out of OBJ long term.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I mean, it’s a f***ING SLANT. Why the hell was that remotely high? I cannot wait for Manning to retire or be cut. Thanks for the heroics years ago, Eli, but time to get out of here.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Now that the Giants are out of it it's time for them to go 7-4 to finish the season...thus dropping them out of a top 10 pick.

Reactions: klingsor

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Now that the Giants are out of it it's time for them to go 7-4 to finish the season...thus dropping them out of a top 10 pick.
Came here to post this. Literally verbatim what I was going to say. They'll mess this up and go 7-9.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
in 2013 they, lucky for Reese and TC, faced a string of backup QBs due to injuries and an injured Terrelle Pryor at QB when he was the starter still. Josh Freeman on a Monday night. It was ridiculous.

Looking at the schedule now. Optimistically give them SF and AZ. Then say between good fortune somehow they get lucky I can't imagine more than 2 more. If they finish better than 4-12 I'll be shocked. There's a good chance the defense will be completely wore down every game late and get worse throughout the season. Many players will make business decisions. McAdoo may lose the team if he hasn't already. We could see this get even worse and I hope we do. We need a total enema on this team.

Hopefully we are all rooting for Cle and SF every week down the stretch as we battle for the #1 pick.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Not sure how you can’t be mad at Eli, man. You can go back years on here and BBV with my posts about Manning throwing this high ****. I’ve been worried about him getting someone seriously hurt for years, now. He’s gotten dudes injured, but never this badly. And of course it’s the only guy really worth a damn (and the guy carrying Eli on his back at this point) on the roster, offensively.

I mean, this was a slant, dude. A slant. Why was that ball thrown remotely high on a slant pattern at that time in the game? What is going through that moron’s head?

The idea that Manning can’t complete a simple ****ing slant pass without forcing his star player into the air blows my mind. Absolutely blows my mind. And now we’re going to be left wondering how much this takes out of OBJ long term.

No clue. I don't want to watch a replay of that but it's possible that's where he needed to place it to get it over the line? [Nope. Just a high throw] But you're right, he goes high a lot. This time it happened to burn him, Odell, and the Giants, in the worst possible way. I'm pissed about it, but there's nothing that can be done. Giants need to take care of the things that they can control, and that starts with firing McAdoo.

No way this team fires off 7 wins without Odell, so I think we can quell that fear instantly.

Odell is done for the year. Harris is done for the year. Early indications that Sheppard is 2 weeks. Haven't heard much or anything about Marshall.

Last edited:

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Beckham injury was awful, have to wonder if he will ever be the same player, nightmare season for the Giants.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As a long time Jets fan who has dealt with as much suffering as any fan has a right to have to endure, do any of my other Jet fan brothers here doubt even for one second that despite the fact that the supposed memo that was sent before the season began that it was us who were supposed to be the team in the NY area that was tanking the season and be 0-5 at this juncuture of the season, so we would have the opportunity to select Sam Darnauld or at worst Josh Allen, that it will end up being the NY football Giants who will end sucking enough to where they will up picking Eli's successor and end up taking Darnauld?

I know it's probably just the jaded Jets fan in me after all the years of bad luck and suffering I've gone thru that is saying this but it really would be so "Jet like" for a scenario like that coming to fruition that the Gmen would end up getting the guy we were supposed to get and a Darnauld would end up being a perennial all-pro and lead the Gmen to a Super Bowl or two while we ended up continuing our mediocrity which symbolizes the Jet franchise? LOL.

I'm sorry but I find it just so ironic and simply laugh out loud funny how the seasons of the two NY teams have evolved so far. The Jets who have always been master of losing when they've had "good teams" now even when we try to lose with what was supposed to be one of the worst teams the NFL had seen in decades, can't even do that correctly as we now are actually not terrible and likely will win enough games where we won't even get the franchise type QB a team needs to win consistently in the NFL.

You simply can't make shit like this up. Only the Jets could screw up "tank mode" so masterfully.. Heck it wouldn't even surprise me at this point if we beat the Patriots next week and than we actually start to have hope that maybe we can make the playoffs...forget the tanking and than the Jets will end up screwing that up as well and we'll end up 8-8.. As I said you couldn't make this shit up if you tried....lol....:)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Lets not get crazy here. Jets beat the fish jags and browns,who all tried hard to give away the game. That might be it for the year. Darnold is not looking like a top qb now.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lets not get crazy here. Jets beat the fish jags and browns,who all tried hard to give away the game. That might be it for the year. Darnold is not looking like a top qb now.

I think I'm being very realistic here and not getting crazy. Nothing is making sense is what I'm saying. Jets weren't even supposed to win 3 games and yet here it is that's what they have after 5 games. Jags just beat the Steelers today at Pittsburgh and shutout the Ravens 44-0 and yet somehow we beat them. The Fish got lucky and beat the Chargers out west when their kicker missed a GW FG and today beat the Titans albeit withought Mariotta but still Titans were supposed to be a serious playoff contender this year. Yeah the Browns blow but still Jets beat them.

Bottom line, Jets are beating teams that before season, all of them were considred better than them. And that includes the Browns. It's bizzaro world...it really is. I think alot of Jets fans are like me and finding themselves shocked at what is going on. We were all prepared for the tank job that mngt indicated what was going on in order to get a high draft pick so we could get a franchise QB and yet instead, the players who all have pride and are playing for their careers are playing well enough to win games.

I am under no illussions of grander. I'm very very realistic and always have been. This has just been a weird year. I was sort of kidding that the Jets would beat the Pats next week at Met Life but with way this year has gone, nothing would shock me at this point....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad