WC: 2017 Division I, II, III

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah Austrians were on a mission today. Also Croatia is looking at a very probable 5th place finish after loss to Estonia today.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Korea tied 1-1 vs Ukraine now in the 2nd period. A W or OTW will see them through due to holding tiebreaker (I believe it's head to head points though I may be wrong). Given it is a relatively inexperienced/untested side at this level, I can see them choking it away in a shootout loss or something.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Wow amazing for South Korea, congrat on a job well done, thats an amazing accomplishment. So happy for them :handclap:

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Fittingly enough, IIHF originally deemed that Korea needed to reach No. 18 in the world rankings prior to being granted automatic entry into the Olympics.

With this year's results, they have gotten to #18 in the world rankings... so, you could sort of put together an argument that they're in on merit.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
What a tournament it was. First time since 2005 that no relegated team manages to get promoted back.

This Korean team is fun to watch, a welcomed addition to the top division.

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
Olympics will be good prep for the next year's Worlds at Denmark.
I do hope NHL changes its decision not to send its players to Pyeongchang.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I've just lost my words!!!
Can't still believe that we've just been promoted to the top-tier competition.
Well done boys!!!

Congrats from Croatia ! Hopefully this will be huge boost for hockey in Korea for years to come.

In D1B...Croatia played abysmal game against Estonia. What the hell our D were thinking before 4th Estonian goal:laugh: If we play like this tomorrow LTU will overrun us. Our forwards are also quiet, except for Rendulić and Blagus.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
I see that all the Korean HF posters have gathered in one thread.:laugh:
Proud of the players and the coaching staff. Keep it going boys!!

sytheman

Mar 8, 2017
Seoul, Korea
Congrats from Croatia ! Hopefully this will be huge boost for hockey in Korea for years to come.

In D1B...Croatia played abysmal game against Estonia. What the hell our D were thinking before 4th Estonian goal:laugh: If we play like this tomorrow LTU will overrun us. Our forwards are also quiet, except for Rendulić and Blagus.
Thank you sir!!

Hockey has been covered a lot more than usual by the local media over the week.
As perennial top sports in Korea such as baseball and soccer have struggled internationally recently, media will hype the game for the upcoming Olympic Games as well as the Worlds at Denmark next year.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good for South Korea, will be interesting to see them at the top level next year. Same with Austria who also made it through.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

Rendulic had a couple of moments of brilliance in the game today but apart from that he has been quite poor in this tournament, you wouldn't think this guy got a few games in the show the past 2 years. I was genuinely worried about playing Croatia in the opening game when GB often have slow starts, but he and the whole team have been disappointing. Similarly for Estonia Rooba had a moment of brilliance today, and he looked good when he turned up on the bench with 6 minutes left against Lithuania, the rest of the time very invisible, same for Makrov except in today's game, I remember their first line caused GB problems last year.

Real statement of intent from GB with a 14-0 thumping against Netherlands, playing for gold against Japan tomorrow who have looked very good all tournament, staying out of penalty trouble will be imperative

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
Rendulic had a couple of moments of brilliance in the game today but apart from that he has been quite poor in this tournament, you wouldn't think this guy got a few games in the show the past 2 years.

He's 2nd in scoring overall with 8 points in 4 games on a team that has won only 1 game in the tournament.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
He's 2nd in scoring overall with 8 points in 4 games on a team that has won only 1 game in the tournament.

I have watched every game at the arena, not the box score, he hasn't looked like a player with the credentials that he has, he should be skating rings round everyone. He has looked slow and hasn't been clutch when they've needed him, hence they've only won 1 game.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Massive game between GB and Japan tomorrow. Come on GB. Losing would mean I think a third straight year being second..

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well done Korea - I am not having any of it from the naysayers as this team has a solid number of homegrown players contributing to their success.

Looking forward to seeing them play in 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad