Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yankees in 4

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Yankees in 5

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The two worst teams in the AL resided in the central. Half of the wins during Cleveland's huge streak came against those two teams.

Cleveland was good and playoff worthy. But they should have been the second seed, at best.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
A good lesson learned for all the media and fans who went gonzo over the Indians big win streak. The regular season means squat.

Now I can go to one of the home games here in Houston this weekend, woohoo.

The Stars at Night...are Big and Bright.....

Reactions: G F O P

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The two worst teams in the AL resided in the central. Half of the wins during Cleveland's huge streak came against those two teams.

Cleveland was good and playoff worthy. But they should have been the second seed, at best.

They probably would have been even with the winning streak if the Astros hadn't had that baffling 4 game debacle of a series in Oakland (The only series they've lost since September)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
the excuses are already out

Not here. I always thought they peaked too early and weren't as good as their record indicated.

Losing games six and seven of the world series, at home, has to take a toll on you. Especially after having a 3-1 series lead. Yankees should have been dead after they blew game 2 in the matter they did.

Kluber or not, I thought New York was going to win.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They probably would have been even with the winning streak if the Astros hadn't had that baffling 4 game debacle of a series in Oakland (The only series they've lost since September)
A's won most of their series' in September and were a good home team this season.

They also swept the Indians at home after the asg.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
giphy.gif

This guy makes me laugh every time I see your avatar. Which game was this?

You need to keep this for awhile. It's totally perfect for the Rangers & the Giants.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Joe Girardi...... talk about a new lease on life.

If anything, this comeback ensures he will not be fired and either gets an extension or in the last year of his contract leave on its own merits.

Amazing how a week changes thing.

He went from everyone callling for his head to the ALCS.

Proof that things can change faster than you think

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This guy makes me laugh every time I see your avatar. Which game was this?

You need to keep this for awhile. It's totally perfect for the Rangers & the Giants.

This was from the hurricane series at Citi where the poor man had to watch us get cheered in his building :laugh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Two years in a row now that the Indians pissed away their chance to close out the series with 3 chances to do it. I guess that was the price they had to pay for the Cavs' championship.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Still a positive season for the Tribe....congrats to the Ynaks on a well deserved comeback.

See ya next year..future is still bright with all yhe youngsters and pitching if heatlhy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Massive disappointment by the Indians.... honestly I thought they were this years 2015 Royals.... on the bright side they are bringing back the same squad next year so they should be OK.

Congrats to the Yanks. Quick one year retool and they are back in the ALCS, with the 3rd best farm system and 75 million coming off the payroll this winter IIRC. They really have quite the core, even if they lose to the 'Stros they still exceeded expectations. Helps too that they made it farther than Boston and they have all this momentum coming back from 0-2.

Indians are 0-6 in their last six series clinching games.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
get rid of francona

That would be great... because then maybe the Jays will fire Gibbons and hire Tito. Don't see how this is on him. His ace pitched like ass in two games of a best of 5. Gonna be hard to win like that. I guess he could have gone 1-2 Kluber, Carrasco or something but Bauer pitched a gem in game 1. If they have any offense in game 3 they sweep the series.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
What an amazing comeback by the Yankees to win that series! Indians thought for sure they had won the series when they were up 2-0. They choked hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad