• Yankees in 4

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Yankees in 5

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I am rooting for Cleveland to end the drought but this is an absolute worst case scenario for them:

- The Yankees have a better bullpen.

- The Yankees lineup is arguably better, or at least right there with the Indians lineup.

- The Yankees run differential was in the same stratosphere as the Indians. These are 2 really freaking good teams going at it. It's a toss-up.

- And then throw in Kluber not starting Game 1. Topped off by Josh Tomlin in Game 4 at Yankee Stadium when Clevinger and Salazar are just better pitchers in my view. Cleveland is playing with fire and it will burn them. It's the playoffs, PUT YOUR BEST TEAM OUT THERE. The Indians are not doing so. Yankees in 4.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Indians in 5.

They're pretty much even in most aspects. Their bullpens finished 1 and 3 respectively stat wise in the regular season, offenses are both deep, with Cleveland having the slight edge in the power department (Bruce/Lindor/Encarnacion vs Sanchez/Judge/Frazier.) Pitching wise, about even even though Cleveland's being really dumb on two accounts; rolling a 4 man rotation when a trio of Kluber/Carrasco/Clevenger or Salazar is probably more than enough to get it done, and for willingly throwing Josh Tomlin out there for game 4.

Starting pitching is what decides this series. The Yankees have two potential "uh-oh"s in their rotation given Servino didn't seem to react well to a higher leverage situation last night and Tanaka being up and down like a yo-yo all season, just like Cleveland is playing with fire by sending Tomlin/Bauer to the hill.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Bullpen seems to be the thing nowadays, wonder how much guys like Britton and Hand will go for at the deadline next year.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Indians in 5.

They're pretty much even in most aspects. Their bullpens finished 1 and 3 respectively stat wise in the regular season, offenses are both deep, with Cleveland having the slight edge in the power department (Bruce/Lindor/Encarnacion vs Sanchez/Judge/Frazier.) Pitching wise, about even even though Cleveland's being really dumb on two accounts; rolling a 4 man rotation when a trio of Kluber/Carrasco/Clevenger or Salazar is probably more than enough to get it done, and for willingly throwing Josh Tomlin out there for game 4.

Starting pitching is what decides this series. The Yankees have two potential "uh-oh"s in their rotation given Servino didn't seem to react well to a higher leverage situation last night and Tanaka being up and down like a yo-yo all season, just like Cleveland is playing with fire by sending Tomlin/Bauer to the hill.

The Yankees hit 29 more homeruns.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I never really trust weather reports that far out but it should be noted that right now, there is a 90% chance of rain on Friday during the day in Cleveland. Game is slated for 5 PM.

Cleveland could be left with a debacle on their hands if they start Kluber on Friday and that game has rain delays...not to mention if that game is rained out, and he starts a make up game on Saturday, he is on 3 days rest for Game 5 if you want to start him.

Just a bizarre, inexplicable decision that he is not starting Game 1 tomorrow (weather looks fine for that one). They had weeks to set their rotation, they fully planned for it to be this way.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
All depends on the Yankees starting pitching, they don't need much just 4-5 quality innings from Tanaka, Gray, CC, Severino and the pen can do the rest. I don't expect an easy series. The problem for the Yankees is the Indians pen will be ridiculous with a couple very good starters added to it.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
This series is either Indians in 3 or Indians in 5. Yankees aren't beating Kluber twice. Or at all. Or Carrasco. Bauer and Tomlin at Yankee Stadium? Fine. Kluber? Twice? f*** outta here.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think Indians having home field and slightly better pitching will get them the W. Whoever wins this wins the ws I think

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Indians in 5. I get the starting Kluber on normal rest thing, but they had a playoff spot locked up a long time ago. Set up your rotation during the last week and go from there. They had that luxury.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This series is either Indians in 3 or Indians in 5. Yankees aren't beating Kluber twice. Or at all. Or Carrasco. Bauer and Tomlin at Yankee Stadium? Fine. Kluber? Twice? **** outta here.

If I had a dime for every time I've heard "the Yankees aren't beating _____" and then they beat him...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
- And then throw in Kluber not starting Game 1. Topped off by Josh Tomlin in Game 4 at Yankee Stadium when Clevinger and Salazar are just better pitchers in my view. Cleveland is playing with fire and it will burn them. It's the playoffs, PUT YOUR BEST TEAM OUT THERE. The Indians are not doing so. Yankees in 4.

Kluber not starting Game 1 is something you call strategy.

See, they know the Yanks are a great team and could very well push this to 5 games... so they'd rather have Kluber start 2 & 5, instead of start one, and then maybe come in for long relief in G4.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I never really trust weather reports that far out but it should be noted that right now, there is a 90% chance of rain on Friday during the day in Cleveland. Game is slated for 5 PM.

Cleveland could be left with a debacle on their hands if they start Kluber on Friday and that game has rain delays...not to mention if that game is rained out, and he starts a make up game on Saturday, he is on 3 days rest for Game 5 if you want to start him.

Just a bizarre, inexplicable decision that he is not starting Game 1 tomorrow (weather looks fine for that one). They had weeks to set their rotation, they fully planned for it to be this way.

I see nothing significant enough on most of the latest forecast models that would indicate a rain out. There may be on and off light rain during the day but it should be done by evening.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If I had a dime for every time I've heard "the Yankees aren't beating _____" and then they beat him...

On the Vegas numbers right now this is the biggest mismatch in round 1 since 2010 2nd to Mets/Dodgers in 2015. I would not be shocked if the Yankees won it though.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The problem is that the Indians aren't some upstart team of noobs that have surprised everyone. They have postseason experience and have battled hard over the last few years to get to the point of being a dominant team. Don't see them being overwhelmed by the big situation that other younger/1st time teams might. The history and mystique of the Yankees isn't going to shake them I don't think.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
mlb_a_ljames_195.jpg

LeBron has split allegiances this time around.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i said it in the last thread: bauer needs a fresh bullpen and a home start. start him in game 1 and if he struggles you go to your fully rested bullpen from there. kluber theoretically goes longer in game 2 and you can rest your swing men and multi-inning guys for game 3.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->