Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dylan Wells (L 13-14-2) made 30 saves but the Storm dumped on the Petes so much that they couldn't tell one Pete from another 3-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Dec. 28/17 – PBO (1) – GUE (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Kirill Maksimov scored the GWG, added an assist, took 3 shots, was +3 and was named first star as the IceDogs took a chunk out of the Battalion's backsides 3-2 in OT.
Dec. 28/17 – NIAG (3) – NB (2) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Cameron Hebig had no points, 3 shots, won 14 of 22 faceoffs and was -1, as the Blades nicked the Raiders 6-4.
WHL Network
FRANK DUNN TOYOTA HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders 4, Blades 6 – Prince Albert Raiders

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Maksimov scored his 22nd of the year and passes last year's 66 game goal total in just 32 games.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Benson scores his 14 goal of the year, tied for his highest which he set in 14-15 in 62 games. Does it this year in 24

North

Jun 25, 2009
Benson scores his 14 goal of the year, tied for his highest which he set in 14-15 in 62 games. Does it this year in 24

Benson is legit as long as he's past his injury problems.

There was talk of him being a first round talent in his draft year had he not been derailed by injuries.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Benson is legit as long as he's past his injury problems.

There was talk of him being a first round talent in his draft year had he not been derailed by injuries.
In a night that Canada loses to the USA because they brought grinders just cause...

Lind gets a hattrick and Benson has a great night. Both guys should of been on the team.

Reactions: Aerrol

North

Jun 25, 2009
In a night that Canada loses to the USA because they brought grinders just cause...

Lind gets a hattrick and Benson has a great night. Both guys should of been on the team.

I do get why they didn't select Benson in terms of the fact they didn't get a chance to properly evaluate him but his skill set and leadership is something they're missing.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had a goal and an assist, 1 shot, was 1/3 in faceoffs, took a roughing call and was +1, as the IceDogs ran off the Wolves 7-4.
Dec. 29/17 – NIAG (7) – SBY (4) – Ontario Hockey League

The Hurricanes mussed around the coat of the Tigers 5-4. Stuart Skinner was not in the lineup.

Tyler Benson had the GWG, took 5 shots, served 2 each for cross checking and checking from behind, was +1 and named first star, as the Giants put the Silvertips in a circus 2-1.
WHL Network

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
4 games tonight and a non-prospect game.

OHL

Ottawa at Peterborough (Dylan Wells) @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Saskatoon (Cameron Hebig) at Swift Current @ 6 PM
Listen at 92.9 CKBL Saskatoon or watch on WHL Live

Lethbridge (Stuart Skinner) at Calgary @ 7 PM
Listen at 106.7 CJRX Lethbridge or watch on WHL Live

Prince George at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Non-prospect

Moose Jaw at Brandon @ 1:30 PM
Watch on Sportsnet

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Yamamoto is a good prospect but Benson could be the superior pro. My friend whose son played with Benson said that he's past his injuries and I posted that here months ago. Benson will be a middle-six forward. I'm not worried about him. He just needs to make up the development time that he missed with his injuries.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yamamoto is a good prospect but Benson could be the superior pro. My friend whose son played with Benson said that he's past his injuries and I posted that here months ago. Benson will be a middle-six forward. I'm not worried about him. He just needs to make up the development time that he missed with his injuries.

Wasn't one of his issues exacerbated by the fact the Giants' doctors didn't treat it correctly?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Hebig with a goal and assist tonight. Benson with 2 assists through 1 period so far.

Edit: 4 assists through 2 periods for Benson.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Late video from Thursday: TIPS TV / December 29, 2017 / Video Highlights – Everett Silvertips

Dylan Wells (W 14-14-2) made 29 saves Petes made the 67s into old men 5-4.
Dec. 30/17 – OTT (4) – PBO (5) – Ontario Hockey League

Cameron Hebig had a PP goal and an assist, took 7 shots, was 7 of 20 in faceoffs and was even, as the Blades slashed the Broncos 4-3.
WHL Network
Highlights: Boston Pizza Post Game Show Blades Edge Broncos – Swift Current Broncos

The Hitmen put a hole through the eye of the Hurricanes 3-2 in OT. Stuart Skinner was again not in the lineup.

Tyler Benson had 4 assists, 8 shots, was 1/2 in faceoffs, was +2 and named third star, but the Cougars became the new terror of the Giants' vast forest of hair 7-6 in OT.
WHL Network
Highlights: Cougars (7) at Giants (6) — OT – WHL Network

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Benson is rounding into fine form. Here is a future top 9 LW and why we don’t need to resign Maroon to a long term cap killing deal.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Benson is rounding into fine form. Here is a future top 9 LW and why we don’t need to resign Maroon to a long term cap killing deal.

I agree, think Maroon time should be done here after this season. I’m very happy to see Benson playing up to where I thought he should be, he is a top 20 talent in most drafts IMO, let’s hope he stays healthy! I think he’s gonna be a great fit long term on Draisaitl LW for a long time, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is as soon as sometime in the 2nd half of next year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think the Jets are a good instance of good drafting and development. Good young NHL team, incredible AHL team and lots of good prospects coming up.

Then there is us who have been bad for a decade and we have a failing NHL team, a really bad AHL team as well and maybe finally a couple prospects that might be good coming up.

What is this org doing so wrong with our picks and prospects?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think the Jets are a good instance of good drafting and development. Good young NHL team, incredible AHL team and lots of good prospects coming up.

Then there is us who have been bad for a decade and we have a failing NHL team, a really bad AHL team as well and maybe finally a couple prospects that might be good coming up.

What is this org doing so wrong with our picks and prospects?

The Jets definitely draft well. I'm hoping that our current scouting staff is an upgrade on their predecessors. I'm glad that we ave our 1st and 2nd this year in case we draft really high.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Jets definitely draft well. I'm hoping that our current scouting staff is an upgrade on their predecessors. I'm glad that we ave our 1st and 2nd this year in case we draft really high.
Benson looks good. And a few of our junior guys look pretty alright but...what happens once they go past there? Do we just draft guys that peak early or are we just very good at destroying careers.

Jones who was very good his last few years is heavily struggling in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad