Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin scored the GWG, added an assist, had 5 shots (2 considered dangerous) ans was -1 as the Sea Dogs nipped at the heels of the Mooseheads 7-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 17/17 Sea Dogs 7 Mooseheads 2 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had a goal, 2 shots and was +1 as the IceDogs peed on the Battalion 6-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Nov. 17/17 – NB (1) – NIAG (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had 2 assists, 3 shots and was -1 as the Rangers reduced the Storm to a passing shower 7-5.
Nov. 17/17 – GUE (5) – KIT (7) – Ontario Hockey League

Tyler Benson had no points, 2 shots, went 1/4 on faceoffs, took a roughing call and was even as the Blazers wore the Giants like a cheap leisure suit jacket 6-2.
WHL Network
BLAZERS SCORE FIVE ON THE PP, WIN 6-2 AT HOME – Kamloops Blazers

Stuart Skinner (L 7-9-1) stopped 27 of 33 shots as the Rockets reduced the Hurricanes to a gentle breeze 7-4.
WHL Network
Highlights: Hurricanes (4) at Rockets (7) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had no points, 1 shot, won his only faceoff and was -1 as the Royals humbled the Chiefs 1-0.
WHL Network
Highlights: Royals (1) at Chiefs (0) – WHL Network

Edit: added Vancouver/Kamloops highlights.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Only 3 prospect games tonight plus a non-prospect game on TV.

Prospect:

WHL

Lethbridge (Stuart Skinner) at Kamloops @ 8 PM
Listen at 106.7 CJRX Lethbridge or watch on WHL Live

Kelowna at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Prince Albert at Spokane @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

Non-prospect

OHL

Kitchener at Barrie @ 1:30 PM
Watch on Sportsnet

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kind of shocking that in a 7-0 win Yamamoto only had a single point. Good team win.

3 point night for Benson though. Straight dominating.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Kind of shocking that in a 7-0 win Yamamoto only had a single point. Good team win.

3 point night for Benson though. Straight dominating.
Really hoping that Benson can sneak onto the Canada WJC team, up to 10GP-6G-9A-15P. Sure would be fun to watch Yamamoto, Benson, Rasanen, and potentially Samorukov. I think Skinner and Wells might be blowing their chances at a spot unless its as 3rd string.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Really hoping that Benson can sneak onto the Canada WJC team, up to 10GP-6G-9A-15P. Sure would be fun to watch Yamamoto, Benson, Rasanen, and potentially Samorukov. I think Skinner and Wells might be blowing their chances at a spot unless its as 3rd string.
Yeah. Our chl goalie prospects are having a rough time.

Benson, Maksimov are killing it and Samorukov is looking pretty decent too.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah. Our chl goalie prospects are having a rough time.

Benson, Maksimov are killing it and Samorukov is looking pretty decent too.
I like that Maksimov is picking up where he left off last year scoring a bunch of goals. Safin is doing pretty well in the Q as well. He's actually outproducing Veleno right now. Those are the 3 forwards (Benson, Maksimov, Safin) I actually have NHL hopes for after Puljujarvi and Yamamoto.

Speaking of Safin, I think he'll actually be at the WJC's as well with Czech.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Stuart Skinner (L 7-10-1) made 25 saves on 29 shots as the Blazers stitched up the Hurricanes 5-2.
WHL Network

Tyler Benson had 2 goals and an assist, 5 shots, lost his only faceoff attempt, was +2 and named first star as the Giants dismantled the Rockets 6-1.
WHL Network
Highlights: Rockets (1) at Giants (6) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had an assist, 2 shots, went 4/5 in faceoffs and was +1 as the Chiefs arrested the Raiders 7-0.
WHL Network
Highlights: Raiders (0) at Chiefs (7) – WHL Network

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Prospect games for Sunday.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Charlottetown @ Noon
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Mississauga @ Noon
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Sarnia at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 4 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Kitchener @ 4 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
good for Benson...straight up hated that pick at the time due to injury concerns

just stay healthy, thats all I ask
I've watched a few games of both Yamamoto and Benson and Benson looks like twice the player right now. He is playing with something to prove it seems and Yamamoto looks pretty good but almost deflated

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've watched a few games of both Yamamoto and Benson and Benson looks like twice the player right now. He is playing with something to prove it seems and Yamamoto looks pretty good but almost deflated

That's not surprising in Yamamoto's case. He got a taste of the big time and now he's back riding busses. On the flip side Benson is trying to make up for lost time. Hopefully both become big parts of the future of this team.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had a goal, 2 shots (1 considered dangerous), took an interference penalty and was +1, as the Islanders said "Back to the mainland!" to the Sea Dogs 6-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 19/17 Sea Dogs 2 Islanders 6 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had the lone goal, had 2 shots, won 1 of 2 faceoffs, had separate slashing and unsportsmanlike conduct calls and was even as the Steelheads slipped out of the mouths of the IceDogs 3-1.
Nov. 19/17 – NIAG (1) – MISS (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Dylan Wells (L 10-9-1) stopped 36 of 39 shots and was named third star but the Petes were relegated to the kitchen by the Rangers 4-1.
Nov. 19/17 – PBO (1) – KIT (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist and was -2 as the Sting poked the Storm 4-3 in OT.
Nov. 19/17 – SAR (4) – GUE (3) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: IAGTTAYM

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Thanks to all those who contribute to this update page, particularly Oilers72... great resource to quickly check and see how the kids are doing. As critical as I've been about Benson, he has looked good this year so far... hopefully he can put the injuries behind him.

Reactions: oilers'72

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
That's not surprising in Yamamoto's case. He got a taste of the big time and now he's back riding busses. On the flip side Benson is trying to make up for lost time. Hopefully both become big parts of the future of this team.

Benson was actually a top rated prospect in his draft year until injuries I think took over. He was and still is an excellent pick where the Oilers got him. I think this guy will still turn out to be a gem!

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Benson was actually a top rated prospect in his draft year until injuries I think took over. He was and still is an excellent pick where the Oilers got him. I think this guy will still turn out to be a gem!
Indeed, he was looked at as a 10-15OA pick going into his draft year. He's lost some development, but I don't think it will mean that much if he can stay healthy moving forward. The talent and hockey IQ are there. Skating could still stand to see some improvement in terms of explosiveness and top speed, but he's strong on his skates, and is pretty damn good in just about every other category with his IQ being phenomenal imo.

Reactions: Game 8

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Indeed, he was looked at as a 10-15OA pick going into his draft year. He's lost some development, but I don't think it will mean that much if he can stay healthy moving forward. The talent and hockey IQ are there. Skating could still stand to see some improvement in terms of explosiveness and top speed, but he's strong on his skates, and is pretty damn good in just about every other category with his IQ being phenomenal imo.
His issue is his health. He NEEDS to stay healthy for the rest of the year imo. Can't get hurt again.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
His issue is his health. He NEEDS to stay healthy for the rest of the year imo. Can't get hurt again.
Meh, as long as any injury isn't related to the previous which cost him almost two years it won't be an issue. Hockey players get injured and banged up. He won't die or cease to be a good prospect if he sprains an ankle or gets a deep bone bruise from blocking a shot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Meh, as long as any injury isn't related to the previous which cost him almost two years it won't be an issue. Hockey players get injured and banged up. He won't die or cease to be a good prospect if he sprains an ankle or gets a deep bone bruise from blocking a shot.
I know but the development you miss being injured so much is an issue. Some people are just fragile and it's hard on an NHL career.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
a healthy benson is better than caggula right now imo. hopefully he finishes this season healthy and shows what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad