Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has Caleb Jones looked. Do you guys expect him to make the Oilers eventually? Upside?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
An often forgotten prospect that I'm very interested to follow his year is John Marino. I like his tools a lot, and while he's still a few years away and won't get a ton of PP time at Harvard this year because of Fox, I think if he can put up a 20-25 point season he will be tracking very well towards a real 2-way NHL prospect (shoots right also!).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
An often forgotten prospect that I'm very interested to follow his year is John Marino. I like his tools a lot, and while he's still a few years away and won't get a ton of PP time at Harvard this year because of Fox, I think if he can put up a 20-25 point season he will be tracking very well towards a real 2-way NHL prospect (shoots right also!).
He also has the benefit of being a bigger guy.

I am much more impressed with Tyler Vesel. Right shot forward, 7 points in 6 games. His stats so far have been comparable to Cagguilas so thats a good sign for us.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
One game today.

Sherbrooke at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

Also, Dmitri Samorukov is part of the lineup for Russia in the Ontario portion of CHL/Russia series.
Watch the game on Sportsnet360 @ 5 PM.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
One game today.

Sherbrooke at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM

Also, Dmitri Samorukov is part of the lineup for Russia in the Ontario portion of CHL/Russia series.
Watch the game on Sportsnet360 @ 5 PM.

My mind's slipping. Dylan Wells is also on the OHL roster for these 2 games.
OHL vs Russia Game 3 Preview – Ontario Hockey League
Team OHL Pre-Game 3: Suzuki, Tippett, Raddysh – Ontario Hockey League
Team OHL Pre-Game 3: Kyrou, Katchouk, Wells – Ontario Hockey League

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He also has the benefit of being a bigger guy.

I am much more impressed with Tyler Vesel. Right shot forward, 7 points in 6 games. His stats so far have been comparable to Cagguilas so thats a good sign for us.
The issue with Vesel is I don't think he skates as well as Caggiula and he's also the same age as Caggiula so its hard to say he's really comparable. If he surprises then great, but I'm not holding my breath on him becoming an NHLer.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Dmitri Samorukov scored Russia's first goal (he had an assist but it was taken away), 2 shots and was +1 as Russia beat Team OHL 5-2. Dylan Wells took the loss, only stopping 13 of 17 shots. Artyom Manukyan and Alexey Podolyan had 2 goals apiece for Russia while Alexey Melnichuk turned aside 35 shots for the win. Wells won't play in Monday's rematch and I'm not sure if Samorukov will, either.
CIBC Canada/Russia Series
OHL talent helps lead Russia to victory in Owen Sound – Ontario Hockey League
#CANvsRUS Game 3 Photo Gallery – Ontario Hockey League
Game 3 Nov 9/17 RUS (5) – OHL (2) – Ontario Hockey League
Team OHL Post-Game 3: Coach Letowski – Ontario Hockey League
Team OHL Post-Game 3: Formenton, Timmins, Bitten – Ontario Hockey League
Team OHL Post-Game 3: Raddysn, Mascherin, Sambrook – Ontario Hockey League

Ostap Safin had no points, 4 shots (none considered dangerous) and was -1, as the Phoenix rose out of the ashes of the Sea Dogs 5-4.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 9/17 Phoenix 5 Sea Dogs 4 – QMJHL

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Hopefully Yamamoto is playing tonight. Excited to watch him play against Skinner tonight.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 prospect games tonight.

QMJHL

Baie-Comeau at Saint John (Ostap Safin) @ 4 PM

OHL

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Kingston @ 5 PM
Listen at 90.5 CJMB Peterborough or watch on OHL Live

North Bay at Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) at Lethbridge (Stuart Skinner) @ 7 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or 106.7 CJRX Lethbridge or watch on WHL Live

Vancouver (Tyler Benson) at Kelowna @8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
if Benson can just stay healthy for the entire year, he might be able to get his development back on track and go into next season( his first pro season?) with confidence

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 8 shots (5 considered dangerous), made 2 hits, missed on a shootout attempt and was -1 as the Drakkar plundered the Sea Dogs 4-3 in a shootout.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Nov. 10/17 Drakkar 4 Sea Dogs 3 SO – QMJHL

Dylan Wells (L 9-6-1) gave up 3 goals on 5 shots and was pulled 7:51 into the game as the Frontenacs kicked the Petes out of the fort 7-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Nov. 10/17 – PBO (1) – KGN (7) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, 3 shots and was +2 as the Storm scattered the Battalion 6-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Nov. 10/17 – NB (2) – GUE (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Kailer Yamamoto had a goal, 3 assists, 4 shots, was 0/1 in faceoffs, went +4 and was named first star as the Chiefs calmed the Hurricanes 6-3. Stuart Skinner (L 7-8-1) made 27 saves in the loss.
WHL Network
10-11-2017: Hurricanes (3) vs. Chiefs (6) – Lethbridge Hurricanes

Tyler Benson had 2 goals, 6 shots, was 3/5 in faceoffs and went-2 as the Rockets took off on the Giants 5-4 in OT.
WHL Network
HIGHLIGHTS: Kelowna (5) Vancouver (4) OT – Kelowna Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad