2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
I think Don tried this a few years ago, but didn’t really give those guys a chance or felt the pressure from the agents or nhl teams to play “their kids”. I think he recognized the problem, but didn’t follow through?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
think it's a great move. Huskies fans will be triggered, but how can you stop a guy from doubling his salary? It's not like he will be leaving the program in shambles.
He may be...i doubt we keep any of our possible early departures now and I won't be shocked if one or both of our assistants join him and some recruits go with him.
I'm so pissed I'm damn near ill.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He may be...i doubt we keep any of our possible early departures now and I won't be shocked if one or both of our assistants join him and some recruits go with him.
Don't blame you, but surely one of those assistants(hopefully the most able) would stick around if they were offered the HC position? If not, it's likely that the new coach will want his own guys in, anyway. They can't sit around waiting for the axe to fall.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Gibbons is older than Motzko and Raboin is not ready yet. It won't shock me to see them go.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone know if there are plans to change the Gophers rink to NHL size?

I think I remember it being talked about with all the other athletic improvements the university is making but wasn't sure if it got cut or something.

I'm sure the rink size has contributed to the softer style of play. There is always room that entices the puck carrier to go wider.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Anyone know if there are plans to change the Gophers rink to NHL size?

I think I remember it being talked about with all the other athletic improvements the university is making but wasn't sure if it got cut or something.

I'm sure the rink size has contributed to the softer style of play. There is always room that entices the puck carrier to go wider.
They plan on reducing it to 92 feet. Can't get it all the way down to NHL size because of how the rink is built. Not sure the timetable on when it will happen.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH

From St. Cloud State's point of view I definitely feel for you man. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the program in the long term with all of the good things they have going for them.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hastings at Mankato?
Maybe...but he has a 10 year deal there and I doubt we could offer much more money. Plus Kato may get into the NCHC soon now that ASU appears to have its arena issues sorted.
If it's not internal...i would not be surprised to see us go to the junior ranks...say maybe Harbinson or Mikesich.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Frozen Four is here!

Ohio State and UMD at 5
Notre Dame and Michigan at 8:30
Both on ESPN2

I'm starting to feel like it's going to be an OSU-Michigan final.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Arghhh I will miss some of the first game while I’m in class. C’mon OSU, big ten final please! Just for all those NCHC people who have crapped on the big ten.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Arghhh I will miss some of the first game while I’m in class. C’mon OSU, big ten final please! Just for all those NCHC people who have crapped on the big ten.

what I've crapped on is having a seven team conference called the Big TEN. What are we teaching the children??

Also GO DOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad