2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m pretty sure the badgers have had more power plays end by them getting a penalty than the 2 minutes expiring.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The refs were really something else tonight... Some real head scratchers both ways.
There was a moment in the third where the gopher player shot the puck into the zone and it missed the glass and just hit netting and the ref almost let play continue before Hayton yelled at him twice and motioned with his stick towards the netting.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I might head out tomorrow depending on the weather. I'm going to the Admirals game on Saturday so I'll have to record that game and try to keep my hands off my phone so I don't see the score.

So yeah, I saw Milewski's tweet about the Gophers being up 2-0 and pretty much stopped caring. Waited for the concert to set up and was looking at twitter and saw a 7-1 final score. So I didn't manage to keep myself from seeing the score but at least I got home and could immediately delete this game from my DVR.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
So yeah, I saw Milewski's tweet about the Gophers being up 2-0 and pretty much stopped caring. Waited for the concert to set up and was looking at twitter and saw a 7-1 final score. So I didn't manage to keep myself from seeing the score but at least I got home and could immediately delete this game from my DVR.
It was an annoying game, even as a fan of the team that won by 6 goals...

The refs completely ruined it. If somebody sneezed they were sent to the box.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I hope the badgers play the gophers in the first round of the big ten playoffs. Could go one of two ways, 1) win and be really happy or 2) quick end to the season.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I admire your optimism.
I think the idea of replacing Linhart and Davison with K'Andre Miller and Ty Emberson has me plenty excited for next season. Should see the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2014... Looking at the recruiting chart this team is primed for a championship run in 2019-20. Cole Caufield is going to be a fun player to watch that year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gophers have really turned things around these last few weeks. Looking like a much better team. Usually it's the opposite, look like a machine during the year, and fall apart in March.

Could it be that we're getting hot at the right time? Fingers crossed.

Sitting at 8th in the PairWise, so it's starting to look like we'll be safely in the Tournament.

Reactions: The Enemy Within

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gophers have really turned things around these last few weeks. Looking like a much better team. Usually it's the opposite, look like a machine during the year, and fall apart in March.

Could it be that we're getting hot at the right time? Fingers crossed.

Sitting at 8th in the PairWise, so it's starting to look like we'll be safely in the Tournament.
They are priming you for the Minnesota special :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad