2017/2018 Management Discussion | NEW MOD WARNING IN OP AS OF 5/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I definitely don't see Benning as being the type of guy who could manage one twitter account, let alone 5. He's strikes me as the type of person who has his password on a sticky-note attached to the monitor.

But Linden? Yeah I can see that. Or if he doesn't run it, he certainly oversees the person or people who do.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I definitely don't see Benning as being the type of guy who could manage one twitter account, let alone 5. He's strikes me as the type of person who has his password on a sticky-note attached to the monitor.

But Linden? Yeah I can see that. Or if he doesn't run it, he certainly oversees the person or people who do.

Weisbrod definitely seems like the type, and it also looks very much like he edited a bunch of compliments into his own Wikipedia page in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

giphy.gif

Reactions: MS and PuckMunchkin

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
If they have multiple message board accounts I don't think it would be here... they'd post at a place where they read and post nice things about themselves, keeping a box of tissues by their computer.

Family members, friends, employees... would be more likely here, imo.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I loooooove the Colangelo story, it's catnip for fans of dysfunctional front offices.

While I get a really strong "precocious 16 year old" vibe from the ryan miller/abbadon troll's writing, I would say that Weisbrod does seem like the type who's just dumb enough to craft some of those posts. But I don't think we're lucky enough to get a hilarious scandal like that.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
For the record, I don't really think there's an organized and paid astroturfing thing happening. But I do think it's highly likely that organization members and their family/friends are spamming a site like this of their own initiative. Again, one extremely pro-Benning account on this site has actually identified himself as Benning's cousin (and props for being honest at least).

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The Colangelo story is my favorite sports story of the year because it undermines the f*** out of this appeal to authority bullshit that sports executives are supposedly infallible. A dude can't even run burner Twitter accounts without being completely exposed yet he's the head guy of a major market team in a way better league than the NHL. Why...oh wait he's the son of a legendary figure in the sport. Go figure.

Hmmm maybe the son of a legendary scout really is as dumb as he sounds and acts...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The thing that puts some shade on whether or not certain posters here are tied to the Canucks hockey ops department is the lack of "insider" information being posted. The Colangelo burner account tweeted something about Jahlil Okafor failing a physical, and suggested that he failed his physical with his new team. That's something that wasn't publicly released. I'm not sure we have seen this kind of information being thrown out on here.

I also don't think the Canucks would waste their time with burner accounts on HFBoards. CDC or Reddit would be a bigger target (though they don't need to since most people over there seem to be drinking the koolaid), and I could see Twitter and Facebook.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The thing that puts some shade on whether or not certain posters here are tied to the Canucks hockey ops department is the lack of "insider" information being posted. The Colangelo burner account tweeted something about Jahlil Okafor failing a physical, and suggested that he failed his physical with his new team. That's something that wasn't publicly released. I'm not sure we have seen this kind of information being thrown out on here.

I also don't think the Canucks would waste their time with burner accounts on HFBoards. CDC or Reddit would be a bigger target (though they don't need to since most people over there seem to be drinking the koolaid), and I could see Twitter and Facebook.

There are some parallels to the constant Hinkie (Gillis) slandering though. And they'd never get caught on those places; a huge chunk of the fanbase already believes that garbage.

I'd be so happy to find some Twitter account pushing "Trevor Linden is the greatest Canuck of all-time" takes. Or to have a player bust out this take: Joel Embiid rips 76ers executive linked to Twitter accounts that were critical of the NBA star

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002

Insider info that "Benning is a nice man" has been posted several times.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018

You finally got something right. Why would the Canucks pay anyone to infiltrate a third rate message board that is an echo chamber for angry millennials who think that building a hockey team is like playing on X box.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You finally got something right. Why would the Canucks pay anyone to infiltrate a third rate message board that is an echo chamber for angry millennials who think that building a hockey team is like playing on X box.

Your grip on the situation here is tenuous at best. Maybe pay closer attention or save us all a headache and move back to CDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad