2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Froese with 1 goal and 1 assist + the game winner in the shootout against his former team and in his first game as the first ever captain of the franchise.
Taormina with 1 goal and 2 assists against his former team, as well.

Fucale stole the show.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Juulsen skating yet?

No. He actually has a setback. He will take an additional 4 weeks to recover. Instead of being about a week or two away. He'll be back around December.

Same for Eisenschmid. It was confirmed after the Laval game on Wednesday that he will be out until December.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No. He actually has a setback. He will take an additional 4 weeks to recover. Instead of being about a week or two away. He'll be back around December.

Same for Eisenschmid. It was confirmed after the Laval game on Wednesday that he will be out until December.

That sucks. I was hoping that Juulsen could help this team sooner rather than later.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Matt Taormina with 14 points in 12 games.
- Byron Froese with 10 points in 12 games.
- Daniel Audetten with 7 points in 12 games.
- Jakub Jerabek with 6 points in 10 games.
- Peter Holland with 8 points in 10 games.
- Daniel Carr with 10 points in 10 games.

And Scherbak is still with his 9 points in 6 games. I'm still not crazy that Habs rushed to call him up. I don't think he'd be hurt if he stayed in Laval and I'm sure his production would be through the roof.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That sucks. I was hoping that Juulsen could help this team sooner rather than later.

Yea. I was disappointed when they officially reported it yesterday. He and Addison were two of the players I was really excited to see make the jump to the pros (and Reway's return). We know now that Reway is gone. But I'll have to wait for Juulsen and Addison and I'm disappointed in that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
An update on the scoresheet. The official AHL website removed an assist from Taormina on that Audette goal and gave it to Carr.

So Taormina with 13 points in 12 games and Carr with 11 points in 10.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For those interested (and I imagine if you're in this thread, you are), tomorrow's game against Syracuse will be at 3PM and will be broadcast on RDS.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was there tonight. I have to say....one of the greatest entertaining game I've seen in a while involving a Habs related team. Wasn't perfect, but was fun. Happy for Froese. And I'll add this....while it's well known I'm not a Fucale fan, and while he did give 5 goals....I thought he was great tonight. Really. Deserved his star despite the 5 goals. I feel the Crunch has a lot of potential and we were playing with a full line missing. Quite a few players I liked....for the Rocket, Taormina...somehow I think he deserves to be called up. Jerabek got better as the game progressed. Froese was fine. Gélinas had his habitual really great ups...and really dumb downs. Holland is a frustrating player to see...you feel that there's so much more than what he,s given and yet....maybe not. Carr was quiet. Audette had a great sniper goal. I don,t have the same views as some as far as Deslauriers is concerned. He,s slow. Broll has no business being in a AHL lineup. Boucher and Ebbing and Grégoire did their 4th line thing and that's about it.....Edit: Lernout....really physical...but still things to work. Still you see the potential. For the Crunch....well Joseph is great to Watch. I love how Cirelli handles himself even if that doesn't always translate. Ben Thomas was great tonight. And that's it.

Fun place that Place Bell is. Great seats. Nice view all around. We were right in the middle, row Y Section 109 and it was really really good. Only 34$ for a ticket, and 12$ for indoor parking. Beer is 8.50$ though....lol

Anyway, awesome night of hockey I had with 3 of my closest friends!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson and Belial

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was there tonight. I have to say....one of the greatest entertaining game I've seen in a while involving a Habs related team. Wasn't perfect, but was fun. Happy for Froese. And I'll add this....while it's well known I'm not a Fucale fan, and while he did give 5 goals....I thought he was great tonight. Really. Deserved his star despite the 5 goals. I feel the Crunch has a lot of potential and we were playing with a full line missing. Quite a few players I liked....for the Rocket, Taormina...somehow I think he deserves to be called up. Jerabek got better as the game progressed. Froese was fine. Gélinas had his habitual really great ups...and really dumb downs. Holland is a frustrating player to see...you feel that there's so much more than what he,s given and yet....maybe not. Carr was quiet. Audette had a great sniper goal. I don,t have the same views as some as far as Deslauriers is concerned. He,s slow. Broll has no business being in a AHL lineup. Boucher and Ebbing and Grégoire did their 4th line thing and that's about it.....For the Crunch....well Joseph is great to Watch. I love how Cirelli handles himself even if that doesn't always translate. Ben Thomas was great tonight. And that's it.

Fun place that Place Bell is. Great seats. Nice view all around. We were right in the middle, row Y Section 109 and it was really really good. Only 34$ for a ticket, and 12$ for indoor parking. Beer is 8.50$ though....lol

Anyway, awesome night of hockey I had with 3 of my closest friends!

Thanks for the live report. I can't wait until I go watch a few games. I really need to figure out when to go.

I had paid to watch the Marlies game on AHL Live the other day. Laval had a real stinker there. Tonight, I decided to save my cash and not watch it and only listen to it on the radio. Big regret on both games. One that I chose to pay for and the other that I didn't.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Was there too. Great atmosphere.

Jerabek: Looked ok, not very physical but not very offensive either. Had a few turnovers.
Lernout: Physical, passes and skates well but a few turnovers. I like what he brings though.
Deslauriers: Great energy guy, good forechecker, had a couple great hits of which two that resulted in penalties (bad calls though).
Audette: One of the quickest and most dangerous players offensively. Had a nice snipe on the 5th goal and really impressed me.
Fucale: Solid all night long. Very good game.
Gelinas: Some moments where he impresses, some moments where he lets you down. A couple turnovers on defense too.

Mathieu Joseph is really good... Blazing speed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Too bad Scherbak was rushed. Hopefully he goes back to Laval after he heals. Play him in the A all year. Habs need D help. Forwards are adequate for now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Froese with 1 goal and 1 assist + the game winner in the shootout against his former team and in his first game as the first ever captain of the franchise.
Taormina with 1 goal and 2 assists against his former team, as well.

Fucale stole the show.

Of the relocated franchise, perhaps. But it's the same AHL franchise.

Still, not surprised Froese was named captain, the guy's work ethic is exemplary from what I've read.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Got to admit without Scherbak, McCarron, Juulsen, Addison, Reway, this team is really hard for me to get interested in and to find time to watch. Granted I could look at possible call ups like Jerabek, Carr or Baun though but not as interesting. There's Leblanc who if he keeps putting up points and doing well could end up with an NHL contract at some point.

Jerabek tied for team lead in plus minus at +7 with Baun. I know it's a crappy stat but still good to see. The worst are Taormina -8, Audette -7, Lernout/Terry -6, Holland/Gelinas/Reway -5

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Was at the game yesterday. Glass level seats. Have to say it was as enjoyable as I can ever remember a hockey game being. Will attend again this season for sure.

Taormina was the best player on the ice IMO.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Of the relocated franchise, perhaps. But it's the same AHL franchise.

Still, not surprised Froese was named captain, the guy's work ethic is exemplary from what I've read.

You're right about the franchise part. But with this year in Laval, it almost feels like a restar and all is brand new. So I feel like everything is the "first in franchise history."

get25

Oct 17, 2015
- Matt Taormina with 14 points in 12 games.
- Byron Froese with 10 points in 12 games.
- Daniel Audetten with 7 points in 12 games.
- Jakub Jerabek with 6 points in 10 games.
- Peter Holland with 8 points in 10 games.
- Daniel Carr with 10 points in 10 games.

And Scherbak is still with his 9 points in 6 games. I'm still not crazy that Habs rushed to call him up. I don't think he'd be hurt if he stayed in Laval and I'm sure his production would be through the roof.
Rocket is best in GF and worst in GA.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Never been an offensive player and doesn't get any powerplay time. He gets all the tough matchups though, he was paired with Taormina yesterday.
hes mostly always covering for taormina but he still take good shot just seem like nothing get in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino