League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
It's not really that out of his way. The Capitals had won it both of the past two years. It would be difficult not to have that come to mind.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I never really took that as much of a shot. When you're playing against Washington, and the topic of President's Trophy comes up, it's hard not to make note of this team's history.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The comment he made about the PT being meaningless when his team won it here in Washington. He threw shade at us, saying "we've seen especially here (in Washington) that the trophy doesn't mean much".

He went out of his way to take a shot at the Caps.
I don't think the was taking a shit at the Caps but just using them as an example. And if he was taking a shot at the Caps, so what. Maybe he is bitter that we traded him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Rough period for Kyle Connor. Winnipeg has so many weapons but I wonder about those younger players a bit.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Vegas has Pittsburgh like speed, albeit without the uber high end talent. To me, Vegas presents the more classic challenge to the Caps in that they have a super aggressive forecheck and highly mobile defense.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Vegas has Pittsburgh like speed, albeit without the uber high end talent. To me, Vegas presents the more classic challenge to the Caps in that they have a super aggressive forecheck and highly mobile defense.
I don't think they're quite as fast as PIT was the past two seasons but they've got the consistent work ethic and positioning. That said, all it takes is one shot from Winnipeg, the crowd is alive again and it's a whole different game.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Btw, somebody wondered how Pegs arena would sound if they are behind... It's not loud for sure.

So, just f***ing win. Any way they feel appropriate. Any advanced stats would count as right ones.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Listening to the NBC crew talk about Nate Schmidt, and watching him play, exposing him in the expansion draft is up there with Forsberg for Erat.

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
Guys, I miss Nate Schmidt :(
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad