League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It's speculation based on numbers. They won't play poorly for the entire 82 game schedule, they're due for a bounce back and I think it's coming soon.
Its still speculation. The numbers can't tell you the future. Right now the Pens are out of the playoffs and have played more games. It is possible the Pens play well down the stretch and still dont make the playoffs. I'm not betting against the Pens making it but the numbers dont say anything. This is noit the same team it was a year ago.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That's why there's plenty of analysis regarding which metrics have predictive value in the future (ie, which metrics correlate with future success).
And like I said its a prediction. There are way too many stats and numbers guys on these boards. I'm guessing the majority have never played the game.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why do you think stats and playing the game are mutually exclusive? They aren't.
Because stats and numbers miss a lot. Do you think any NHL coach has learned everything by numbers? You learn by experience. Not by numbers.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Holy shit the Islanders have let in 158 GA. For context, Boston and LA have let in 96 and 99, respectively. Arizona and Buffalo have allowed 143 and 150, respectively. Brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad