2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Discussion - 49-26-7 105 pts

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Funny...the standings don't agree...

In Oct-Nov we never had more than one line going at the same time. It took time for some sophomore slumps to run their course. I would argue that Zaitsev is still in one a bit, but he is looking more confident in last few games.
Still I don’t like our record with Tampa in last two years. It’s totally reverse with Bos. People should not dismiss it so lightly that regular season record does not matter at all. It says something.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I am getting really excited for playoffs. I would have been 13/14 years old in 03/04 season, and that seems like the only time we were ever good enough to actually feel like we had a chance. Until this season. And I was kind of too young to be as big as a fan as I am now and understand how big of an opportunity this is.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If Boston wins tonight is it officially Tampa vs. Toronto?
(I have the write up done - i just need to finalize some stuff and I'd rather focus on one team vs. the doing both as they are kinda time consuming)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
(I have the write up done - i just need to finalize some stuff and I'd rather focus on one team vs. the doing both as they are kinda time consuming)
no. boston would need one more point to win the divison if they win in regulation tonight

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
no, Boston needs a 5 point swing to clinch first. A Boston regulation win is only 4
it would make it extremely likely though. I think whoever loses tonight will be our opponent

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
no, Boston needs a 5 point swing to clinch first. A Boston regulation win is only 4
it would make it extremely likely though. I think whoever loses tonight will be our opponent

kay thanks :)
I think i'll just wait until Tampa finishes playing because I know Boston has that weird game w/Florida.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I am getting really excited for playoffs. I would have been 13/14 years old in 03/04 season, and that seems like the only time we were ever good enough to actually feel like we had a chance. Until this season. And I was kind of too young to be as big as a fan as I am now and understand how big of an opportunity this is.

Allow me to adjust your perspective.

This is not a big opportunity , ( i would hold off on big, if this team was in it's waning, ok sure but)

it's just the first of many :nod:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Tbay has the ROW TieBreak and all TB has left is

Buff/Caro

My odds heavily lean on us and Bees
The Bruins are facing Ottawa and Florida both at home, with Florida most likely eliminated by the time they play. That’s two opponents with nothing to play for.

Meanwhile, Tampa plays Buffalo at home and then Carolina on the road, where Buffalo has already clinched the worst record (and top lottery odds) and can now compete with nothing to lose; and Carolina is trying to impress the new owner/regime and are also playing loose.

This race is not over by any means, and there’s no heavy favorite imo. If there is an edge, I’d still say it’s with Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad