2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Discussion - 49-26-7 105 pts

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Aaltonen really should have made the team out of camp.....Moore played worse than both Fehr and Aaltonen. He should really be gone.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Fehr and Leivo stay, they will only carry 7 dmen. Would love that to be Borgman but it might be Marincin.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Leivo, Marincin and Fehr next cuts. Liljegren to AHL probably.

Keep Rosen and Borgman up with the club they both deserve a spot.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

No chance Leivo is cut. Also I bet Liljegren goes back to Sweden, otherwise why not assign him with everyone else this morning?

Reactions: carko32

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd guess that if it was borgman or rosen going down, they'd have just been sent with the rest of them.

They must be trying to work on trades of guys like Marincin, Fehr...maybe even Leivo.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Why keep one of Borgman or Rosen to sit in the press box for weeks? If one of Borgman or Rosen are not in the lineup, send them to the marlies to play and develop. Personally, I'd rather have Polak be 7th d-man and waive Marincin. But I'd be fine with Marincin being 7th d-man though.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Cutting Leivo and Fehr leaves them with 12 forwards which ain't happening. Polak and Liljegren won't be on the roster which leaves one more cut.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Is there a chance they maybe want to see a little more of Liljegren? He played well in both of his pre-season games and was arguably one of the top to D in the last game (although against DET AHL roster). I really hope they aren't sending him back to Rogle, but I am a bit worried after seeing the list (Dermott) they just sent down. One would think that if it is between Rogle and the Marlies, that the Marlies would be most beneficial.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Why keep one of Borgman or Rosen to sit in the press box for weeks? If one of Borgman or Rosen are not in the lineup, send them to the marlies to play and develop. Personally, I'd rather have Polak be 7th d-man and waive Marincin. But I'd be fine with Marincin being 7th d-man though.

There's also the possibility that both are kept and they rotate the bottom pair instead of keeping one consistently in the press box. If one emerges as clearly the better fit, then you can send the other down to the Marlies at that point.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
full

This needs to be improved, it's inexcusable.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Polak is counted as one of the 26 players still in camp, so likely cuts Polak, Liljegren and Moore or Fehr (likely Fehr probably won't be claimed because of his 2 mill cap hit)

JVR/Bozak/Marner
Hyman/Matthews/Nylander
Marleau/Kadri/Komarov
Martin/Moore-Fehr/Brown
Levio

Reilly/Hainsey
Gardiner/Zaitsev
Borgman/Rosen
Marincin/Carrick

Andesen/McElhinney

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs have to waive the players by noon today if they require them in order to be cut and to be sent down. So for players like Leivo, Marincin, Fehr, Moore, etc, if they aren't on waivers by noon today, they are likely here to stay barring a trade out of the team of course.

Liljegren will very likely be loaned to Sweden or at the very least assigned to the Marlies. Polak doesn't have a contract and doesn't require waivers or a release.

So the Leafs are really at 24 players, which means they have to send down a player by tomorrow. I'd probably bet it being Borgman, but it's possible there's a small injury which opens up a spot in the mean time. It's possible a trade is in the works as well but seems unlikely.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
No chance Leivo is cut. Also I bet Liljegren goes back to Sweden, otherwise why not assign him with everyone else this morning?

I wouldn't read much into it. They assigned Grundstrom to Sweden already. They could've done Liljegren at the same time. I truly do believe Liljegren is staying in North America this year. Rogle is dead last in the SHL and an absolute tire fire. They've only won 1 game (in OT I think), and they had to score 8 goals to get the win. They've allowed 24 goals in just 4 games. And scored just 3 in their losses.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's likely not Moore or Fehr being cut, rosters have to be in by 5 PM tomorrow and while I think you can put a player on waivers and preemptively take him off your roster with the notion that if he clears he's in the AHL they would just put them on waivers today with the rest of the guys going on. The final 3 cuts are likely to be all D. Liljegren, probably Polak, likely not Marincin as he would be on waivers today if it was him. And the final cut 1 of the 2 Swedes.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's likely not Moore or Fehr being cut, rosters have to be in by 5 PM tomorrow and while I think you can put a player on waivers and preemptively take him off your roster with the notion that if he clears he's in the AHL they would just put them on waivers today with the rest of the guys going on. The final 3 cuts are likely to be all D. Liljegren, probably Polak, likely not Marincin as he would be on waivers today if it was him. And the final cut 1 of the 2 Swedes.

I don't think they'd need to cut Polak, he isn't signed.

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
Liljegren is likely only up to give the staff a few more days to make a final decision on what continent he ends up on.

Looks Marlies bound at the moment.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Not surprising Altonen didnt make it. I thought he was real solid in camp, but I think the media hype is distorting our view of how he performed compared to Moore.

Moore is so much better on the PK and draws that for him to not make the roster would have been, as Babcock says "silly"

Reactions: Sypher04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad