2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Discussion - 49-26-7 105 pts

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Is this schedule a joke or what?
12 games from now in december, 9 on the road with 4 back to backs. 5 games in 7 days starting with Pittsburgh on Saturday. All this with 28 games played already.

We should be happy if we somehow go through this without any major injury and .500

and we'll have an easier 2nd half.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah I like our schedule. When it came out the first thing I looked at was the end of the season and that's a piece of cake compared to what it was last season.

LOL i don't like that. because i don't like being the pace horse. we have to set the pace, which irks me.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
LOL i don't like that. because i don't like being the pace horse. we have to set the pace, which irks me.

And I hated the pressure of the last few games last season. Maybe it's partly my personality, when I have work to do, I like to get it done ASAP.

Reactions: blueberrie

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah I like our schedule. When it came out the first thing I looked at was the end of the season and that's a piece of cake compared to what it was last season.

I don't like it personally, with this many games this condensed if things start going south it's really hard to rectify if you have basically no practice time and it's going to Gass the guys which will require a lot of recovery time

I'd rather get the points on the board Daisy, let them worry about having to win almost every game just to get close

It's not easy running teams down, remember all the games in hand last year? It didn't mean much from what I remember

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I don't like it personally, with this many games this condensed if things start going south it's really hard to rectify if you have basically no practice time and it's going to Gass the guys which will require a lot of recovery time

I'd rather get the points on the board Daisy, let them worry about having to win almost every game just to get close

It's not easy running teams down, remember all the games in hand last year? It didn't mean much from what I remember

well we didn't need to run teams down. we were basically even with those with us. it just feel like we ALWAYS are the ones who have to put the points up, and then it's like we get clipped in the end.
I'd rather it be even - or that we chase them. maybe chase is the wrong word but my mind hurts today.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
well we didn't need to run teams down. we were basically even with those with us. it just feel like we ALWAYS are the ones who have to put the points up, and then it's like we get clipped in the end.
I'd rather it be even - or that we chase them. maybe chase is the wrong word but my mind hurts today.

It's bloody hard to reel off a string of wins with the pressure on in season to catch someone ahead of you Daisy

I'm probably not as worried about being run down as I normally would becauseI think we're better than the teams chasing us and all the underlying numbers look solid so we're not likely to "fall off a cliff" and help those chasing teams

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

Yes but it turned out pretty well. I don't know why but it seems like this team shows up when the pressure is high or when they feel like everybody thinks they are the underdogs. We were awesome at the end of the year last year because no one thought we could make the playoffs. We played our best games this year against really good teams as well. So maybe it doesnt hurt if the schedule is a little bit tough at the end in terms of the quality of the opponents. I just think the next 3 weeks are brutal with these many games and 4 back-to-backs. I know january is much easier but the NHL should organize a more balanced schedule for every team.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes but it turned out pretty well. I don't know why but it seems like this team shows up when the pressure is high or when they feel like everybody thinks they are the underdogs. We were awesome at the end of the year last year because no one thought we could make the playoffs. We played our best games this year against really good teams as well. So maybe it doesnt hurt if the schedule is a little bit tough at the end in terms of the quality of the opponents. I just think the next 3 weeks are brutal with these many games and 4 back-to-backs. I know january is much easier but the NHL should organize a more balanced schedule for every team.

I believe that's impossible for logistical reasons. Just have to live with whatever it is IMO.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It's bloody hard to reel off a string of wins with the pressure on in season to catch someone ahead of you Daisy

I'm probably not as worried about being run down as I normally would becauseI think we're better than the teams chasing us and all the underlying numbers look solid so we're not likely to "fall off a cliff" and help those chasing teams

hmm
i guess so. maybe this is leftover residue from our past. i didn't even think of it it's more of. why do WE always play more, and everyone else gets to have like elevntymillion games in hand. but it should pay off imo.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
hmm
i guess so. maybe this is leftover residue from our past. i didn't even think of it it's more of. why do WE always play more, and everyone else gets to have like elevntymillion games in hand. but it should pay off imo.

Think of it this way Daisy

While other teams are scratching and clawing towards the end of the season were going to have points in the bank (hopefully) with the added bonus of playing a ton of bad teams in our division, a lot

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
JVR Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Komarov
Brown Bozak Marner
Hyman Moore Leivo

PLEASE BABS!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad