Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
they seem uncorrelated. getz has a broken orbital bone, montour hyper extended arm, Kesler hip surgery, boll I don't care about, not sure about the others. is kase out from the concussion?

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Not an expert, but these injuries really don't seem to be related to conditioning. Not sure if Kesler's hip issues could've been conditioned better, but very hard to speculate on that. Does anyone even know what's up with Rakell?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If I`m exausted I know I am sometimes not putting some pressure where I should or reacting a bit slower in some situations, depending what sports I am doing. But even this - if Ducks would be so tired then we wouldn`t win much games when healthy anyway, on the other hand.

But something seems fishy to me. I just don`t know what.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
they seem uncorrelated. getz has a broken orbital bone, montour hyper extended arm, Kesler hip surgery, boll I don't care about, not sure about the others. is kase out from the concussion?
All they said about Kase was he passed the concussion tests but is out with an apparent head injury. Kinda contradicts what they've said

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
All they said about Kase was he passed the concussion tests but is out with an apparent head injury. Kinda contradicts what they've said

Yeah, I've been wondering about this. Maybe he's braindead and therefore can't have a concussion anymore.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Darren Dreger reported that Getzlaf is close but needs a few more tests to pass. He has more info than our beat writer of course.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Bob says he hopes Rakell plays in the vegas game, which means he will miss at least two more games.

Also said he thinks Getzlaf and Kesler will travel with the team on the road trip before Christmas which starts 12/14.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Not an expert, but these injuries really don't seem to be related to conditioning. Not sure if Kesler's hip issues could've been conditioned better, but very hard to speculate on that. Does anyone even know what's up with Rakell?
They said it’s a residual injury from colliding with a teammate (Ritchie?) at practice on Thanksgiving Day.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
With how he collapsed while trying to get up, I don't know how he passed that test. Maybe concussion symptoms?

I'm obviously concerned for all of our players concerning concussions. But I'm really worried about Kase. I really hope this doesn't hurt his career. Him outplaying his draft position is a cool story that seems to be happening for a nice guy. Having his first solid year go this way sucks.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Bob says he hopes Rakell plays in the vegas game, which means he will miss at least two more games.

Also said he thinks Getzlaf and Kesler will travel with the team on the road trip before Christmas which starts 12/14.
that's huge. we could have rakell getz Kesler and kase back in 2 weeks. we are getting close! it has been hard to watch our team get dominated in the form of possession and shots every game. the only thing keeping me watching is to see how our defense and goal tending holds up in the most challenging of circumstances and how some of the young/ fringe players will do such ad Roy, Wagner, grant, kase. all in all I think we are in a phenomenal spot. not too far behind in points, key players will be rested for playoffs, defense and goal tending look excellent, found some contributors in wagner kase and grant, Roy developed some confidence...im getting excited to think about the big boys coming back.

Reactions: ScarTroy

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I'm obviously concerned for all of our players concerning concussions. But I'm really worried about Kase. I really hope this doesn't hurt his career. Him outplaying his draft position is a cool story that seems to be happening for a nice guy. Having his first solid year go this way sucks.
Yep, and it isn't his first or second time dealing with concussions or concussion symptoms either. Like you said, I hope it doesn't affect him all that much

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I keep holding out hope that this team will get healthy and be able to fight back into a PO spot....but, im starting to believe this season is just not ment to be.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hampus seems to have had a lot of niggling injuries the past couple of years. The wrist, something wrong with his leg in addition to the major shoulder problem in last years playoffs, the game he missed earlier due to a LBI and now a mysterious UBI.

Hopefully he’s not out long. That’s why trading Vatanen could come back to bite us, now we are going to have one of Beauchemin/Bieksa as one of our top 4 minute getters.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Upper body issue that will take some time? I hope that's not the shoulder flaring up again since he was ahead of schedule on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad