Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That sucks, but at his age can't really afford to mess around with a hip injury. As long as he can get 25 games or so in before the playoffs and Getzlaf is back within the next week we should be golden with Getz/Henrique/Wagner/Vermette until Kes is back.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Kesler's comments are not at all encouraging. For him to say, at this time, there still is no time frame, is worrisome.

Yeah those comments don’t sound encouraging to me.

Lindholm not skating either is also not encouraging. The D is a train wreck without him.

Glad Getzy isn’t far away though. He’s probably the guy we miss the most. Our offence runs through him.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I got the latest scoop on Kesler. Sounds like he is doing great skating. Still needs to work on a few things but is doing really well. The concern is how he does when skating with other people around trying to check you and the mental component of coming off of a serious injury. said he is looking like he will be back a little earlier than the forecasted new year time frame but also said even when he does come back it will take him a little bit of time to get back into his old playing shape.

Reactions: Boogernaut

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Mumps is old news. Watch them all get some chronic pulmonary disease from all the smoke that the fires are spewing up.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Lindholm has been taken off the IR, But sounds like his shoulder might be acting up.. Maybe he was rushed?

INJURY UPDATE
The Ducks don’t figure to have Ritchie available against the Hurricanes as the winger hasn’t been able to get through their two practices since playing.
Hampus Lindholm was taken off injured reserve but the defenseman is banged up and figures to miss his fourth straight game. Lindholm and the Ducks will have to decide if he is able to play through his unspecified upper-body injury that’s kept him out of practice.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I read on reddit a rumor that apparently one guy met Getzy at a golf field and apparently he is planning Dec 11th return. Take it with a grain of salt, we`ll see. The initial info was he would go on a road trip on Dec 14th, which is close anyway. Damn this team could use some Getzlaf :)

I eat my words, looks like Vince from the golf course is a legit source after all. Can the Ducks hire him somehow?

Reactions: Kalv

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Lindholm has been taken off the IR, But sounds like his shoulder might be acting up.. Maybe he was rushed?

INJURY UPDATE
The Ducks don’t figure to have Ritchie available against the Hurricanes as the winger hasn’t been able to get through their two practices since playing.
Hampus Lindholm was taken off injured reserve but the defenseman is banged up and figures to miss his fourth straight game. Lindholm and the Ducks will have to decide if he is able to play through his unspecified upper-body injury that’s kept him out of practice.

So there’s a chance he sits for months, or needs another surgery and sits many months. Sigh.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Some guy posted on the thread about Lindholm on the main board that it's his wrist. No clue on the validity of that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->