2017-18 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's going to sound harsh but of all players Callahan should be the most prepared. He's had long enough and Lord knows he's not in any circumstance to make excuses. Lord knows he understands that better than anyone.

I'm really excited for Sergachev. I want him to make the team so badly

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's great Sergachev is doing well but he's not making the team, we should be talking about guys who will like Sustr.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
It's great Sergachev is doing well but he's not making the team, we should be talking about guys who will like Sustr.

When Yzerman spoke on media day while talking about the veterans are this team he mentioned Sustr. I almost fell out of my chair.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

It's a make or break year for Sustr. He's been in the league a few years now. If it's ever going to come together for him here it needs to happen this season. Too many quality D coming up soon.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Was at Fan Fest from 8:30 to 11:30. Because I had to leave early I only got to see the first group practice.

Stammer looked great! The line of him, Kuch and Vladdy was flying! Some solid chemistry. Vladdy looked a lot more confident and smooth. I think playing in the World Championships for Russia really helped his confidence.

Girardi was rather rough but he and Sergachev worked okay together. Girardi was the stay-at-home guy while Serg did his thing. Sergachev kinda reminds me of a baby Heddy. lol Coburn and Dotchin were very solid together. Moved better/faster than I thought they would and were nicely physical. I still think they'll make an excellent forward smashing/shutdown pair. :D

Strålman didn't skate today. :( Not sure if he was at any of the signings/photos. They handed out random vouchers as we entered the arena and I lucked into what would turn out to be Stammer's signing station.

Cally was on a line with Peca and Kunitz. Cally and Kunitz were having a blast! lol They were scrambling around the net/boards, playing their usual hard game. After a battle, when they were successful (Cally was hitting the net BIG time!) he and Kunitz would grin at each other like a couple of kids. Kunitz really seemed to be very happy to be there and Cally looked like Classic/Prime Cally.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Was at Fan Fest from 8:30 to 11:30. Because I had to leave early I only got to see the first group practice.

Stammer looked great! The line of him, Kuch and Vladdy was flying! Some solid chemistry. Vladdy looked a lot more confident and smooth. I think playing in the World Championships for Russia really helped his confidence.

Girardi was rather rough but he and Sergachev worked okay together. Girardi was the stay-at-home guy while Serg did his thing. Sergachev kinda reminds me of a baby Heddy. lol Coburn and Dotchin were very solid together. Moved better/faster than I thought they would and were nicely physical. I still think they'll make an excellent forward smashing/shutdown pair. :D

Strålman didn't skate today. :( Not sure if he was at any of the signings/photos. They handed out random vouchers as we entered the arena and I lucked into what would turn out to be Stammer's signing station.

Cally was on a line with Peca and Kunitz. Cally and Kunitz were having a blast! lol They were scrambling around the net/boards, playing their usual hard game. After a battle, when they were successful (Cally was hitting the net BIG time!) he and Kunitz would grin at each other like a couple of kids. Kunitz really seemed to be very happy to be there and Cally looked like Classic/Prime Cally.

I also saw the cally kunitz thing

it was kinda adorable

hopefully they can be warriors on a deep playoff run for us :)

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Update on Strålman. He was on the ice today in a red "no contact" jersey. He practiced stick handling and skating on the second rink while his group was practicing on the other rink in Brandon. Some video/updates below.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
After watching the highlights that have been posted in various places, including the Lightning website video of the scrimmage highlights, I gotta say that Coburn was looking pretty dang zippy!! :amazed:

Coby was zooming around, causing trouble for puck carriers, moving the puck well when he had it and even got one of the only two goals against the prospects. Haven't seen him so agile and speedy in a while. Was great to see.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
This season can't start soon enough. Watching those scrimmage videos has me like

images

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Surprised no cuts have been announced yet. First preseason game is tomorrow so I find it highly unlikely everyone in camp will see a preseason game. For CHL guys not sure Lipanov, Sommpi or Paquette need a game and there's a few of AHL guys who don't really need a game either.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Coburn skating like he's 10 years younger in the highlight video

Agreed! Every video with him in it shows him skating great! Decent speed and agility, especially for someone as big as he is. I know he performed well during the final push last season but he must have had a great summer of prep! Which is very good for us! :D

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

90-91-86 is finally happening!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any new updates on Callahan? How's his skating look?

I keep going back to this, but a 40-45 point season from Callahan could make a key difference for us. Obviously, I'm not holding my breath, but given the offense we got rid of (Drouin), Callahan's one of the guys who could lessen the sting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad