2017-18 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
What are your guy's expectations for Brayden Point this season. Always liked him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What are your guy's expectations for Brayden Point this season. Always liked him.
I expect him to be a solid top 6 player but I think we'll at least at some point use him as 3C to have a solid center core with Stamkos and Johnson in the top 6. It's also likely that he'll see some time in the first line with Stamkos and Kucherov. If the same trend continues our lines will change in every other game so can't really say exactly where he ends up playing. I think anything from 40 to 60 points is a possibility.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Depends on his role. He spent the end of last year as our accidental #1 C, and I think that inflated his totals a bit more than we can expect this year.

If he supplants Johnson as the #2, and gets PP time on the top unit, 50+ is definitely possible. Maybe even "likely."

If he spends all year as the #3, and gets reasonable PP time (I can't imagine him losing his PP spot altogether), something around 40 is likely.

Kind of tough to say how our lineup will shake out right now. I'd still like to see Kuch and Stammer separated, and I think Point would be a main beneficiary of that. He's probably our second best playmaker right now. Would love to see him with one of our 40 goal guys.

Reactions: Callum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad