Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Yeah, but id feel a lot better at the 12 month point. The surgeon who did my daughter and hes know to be the best in the business and who probably did Fabbri’s told us that 10 months is the key date. He said the stats go way down if you make it to 10 months. Now this is girls soccer, so im not sure if the stats are revelant to pro hockey, but I think soccer is WAY more dangerous than hockey. Ice is more forgiving than the ground.
Today i learned Ice is softer than soil and grass:laugh:...
Im really just messing with you I have no clue which has more relation to knee injuries, just the first thought that came to my head after reading the post. I dislocated my Patella playing wiffle ball (true story) so I think I would know the most dangerous sport for knees.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Today i learned Ice is softer than soil and grass:laugh:...
Im really just messing with you I have no clue which has more relation to knee injuries, just the first thought that came to my head after reading the post. I dislocated my Patella playing wiffle ball (true story) so I think I would know the most dangerous sport for knees.

Its not that its soft or hard, its how the knee plants and turns. You dont have that with ice and ice skates like you do on grass/turf with football and soccer. That’s why ACL’s aren’t common in the NHL. Soccer and football, its actually the non contact tears that are so common.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Its not that its soft or hard, its how the knee plants and turns. You dont have that with ice and ice skates like you do on grass/turf with football and soccer. That’s why ACL’s aren’t common in the NHL. Soccer and football, its actually the non contact tears that are so common.
oh i understand, i was just being facetious. I didn't play hockey after 7th grade, but i played lacrosse through high school and have seen them occur from non contact plays.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

3289a433766609450067b24031bc13aa--st-louis-blues-proven-winners.jpg

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
^^ Can we convert him, Ed, or Dunn to RW? Parayko could play RW but none of our LHD can effectively play the right side.

Thanksgiving joke of course.

Mar 6, 2012
This feels like if came out of nowhere.

I know Bouwmeester coming back is a net positive, but our defense has been playing so well as a group that this almost feels like it's just going to complicate things.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
This feels like if came out of nowhere.

I know Bouwmeester coming back is a net positive, but our defense has been playing so well as a group that this almost feels like it's just going to complicate things.
While this is true, it's honestly pretty easy to narrow out Gunnarson as a negative and sore spot in that group. It always feels wrong to change something that's been working but Bouwmeester is a huge upgrade of Gunnarson.

Reactions: 67Blues

Mar 6, 2012
Did I hear right that Berglund is back and playing in the next game?

Mar 6, 2012
I know a lot of people like to bag on Berglund, but I think his coming back will be a HUGE help to this team.

He's a great depth player that can play any role we need him to and pretty well. He's never turned into the guy we thought he would, and I think people hold that against him, but he's a great guy to have on your team.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues are in 1st place in the West. They have 3 players in the top 10 in scoring. They're 20th on the PP and 25th on the PK. I'd think he should be able to help out on the PK but how else is Berglund going to be a "HUGE" help?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The Blues are in 1st place in the West. They have 3 players in the top 10 in scoring. They're 20th on the PP and 25th on the PK. I'd think he should be able to help out on the PK but how else is Berglund going to be a "HUGE" help?

Net Front presence on PP.
Wins tons of board battles.
Great possession guy for 3rd line.
Scored 20 goals last year // Much needed depth scoring.
and as you said
Solid PKer.

Simply put he a better player than anyone in our bottom 6, who will be joining our top 6. He improves the depth of our team.

Mar 6, 2012

Because even though the Blues record is fantastic, he addresses one of their most glaring weaknesses, which is their super weak third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad