Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Definitely encouraged by Martin's start to the season. Was kind of in full on panic mode for our goalie prospects. Now it's just slight panic cause who else is serious enough to consider to have NHL potential? Definitely need to draft one in our first 3 rounds this summer.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Definitely encouraged by Martin's start to the season. Was kind of in full on panic mode for our goalie prospects. Now it's just slight panic cause who else is serious enough to consider to have NHL potential? Definitely need to draft one in our first 3 rounds this summer.

This weekend vs Texas has done a lot to put him back in the place he was to start last season. Now what'll show progress is if he can keep this up through the last half of the season. I do really like that Martin is doing it all so far to start the season in that he's doing well when he has small workloads where some goalies would lose focus and he's handled stealing two games. Just needs to keep it going.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Martin was seriously trending upward before the Avs called him up last season. Has to be a confidence issue, because the talent is absolutely there.

Goalies performances are notoriously fickle, so hopefully he can keep this up.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I feel like Morrison hasn't looked good this year. Seems slow and disengaged. Being a net front presence is the only area he is impacting the game, imo.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Martin was seriously trending upward before the Avs called him up last season. Has to be a confidence issue, because the talent is absolutely there.

Goalies performances are notoriously fickle, so hopefully he can keep this up.
I know this is completely unfair of me to say because I don't know what goes on every hour of his life. Unfortunately social media has allowed us as fans to be able to come up with these opinions which are probably more often than not false. But my opinion is that is Martin seems like he cares more about the lifestyle of being a pro hockey player, than actually being a pro hockey player.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
They are all so generic. Trying to get something informative out of a hockey article is like trying to get something informative out of an intermission interview.

And again not all of us have that amount of free time to search for articles about 20+ different players through 7 different leagues. Sometimes I just want to check up and see who is having a good week/month/season.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I just checked out that site and there is little to no information for prospects outside of the Avs affiliate teams. There was a rundown of the prospects performances so far but it didn't really offer much other than a rundown of their stats in words rather than numbers. Seems like a fun site for Avs fans to read a few articles about the team and players but not a great resource for in depth information on prospects.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

That assist on the 4th Greyhounds goal by Timmins was awesome. Drew everybody to him and made the pass across for a wide open net.

Great to see him continuing where he left off last year, rapid risers like that always make me a little uneasy until they can show they weren't just on a hot streak. He definitely has a really high offensive IQ.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Has anyone watched any of UMass games?

Kind of wonder if Makar's teammate, Oliver Chau will get signed with us or given a tryout if he continues his play (assuming it's good). Small forward but he's put up 9 points in 8 games transitioning from the AJHL with Makar.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Oh, I was thinking his surgery was before we drafted him. That makes sense in that case. I know I read somewhere that his timeline was 4-6 months of recovery so that would be pretty good for him to get back in action in 4 months.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I only just realized that both Leivermann and Clurman are going to be playing together at UND next year. That's pretty cool and will make following how they play together enjoyable as well.

I feel like both of those guys have pretty decent upside, they were just quite raw when we drafted them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I only just realized that both Leivermann and Clurman are going to be playing together at UND next year. That's pretty cool and will make following how they play together enjoyable as well.

I feel like both of those guys have pretty decent upside, they were just quite raw when we drafted them.

Yeah both seem to have NHL skills & creativity at the very least; and in clurman’s case he also has the skating & physical tools. So what comes of projects like that will certainly be interesting to follow.

Though I hope Morrison isn’t still there with them and is ready to jump into the AHL next summer.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah both seem to have NHL skills & creativity at the very least; and in clurman’s case he also has the skating & physical tools. So what comes of projects like that will certainly be interesting to follow.

Though I hope Morrison isn’t still there with them and is ready to jump into the AHL next summer.

We'll have to wait and see with Morrison. The little bit I've heard about him so far is that he hasn't looked as hungry for the puck so far this year.

I'd be fine with him sticking at UND for 1 more year, but also think he'd be a player that would be good to have in the AHL for the inaugural season with the Eagles. I think the Avs will try and put as many good prospects in the AHL as they can next year to help build excitement and talent with that team for it's first season. Meloche, Beaudin, Morrison, Timmins, etc. I'd even think Makar sees some time down with them to start the season out at least.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I've been disappointed with Morrison this year and would normal want the player to stay in college. But if nothing changes with his play I would like to see how a change of scenery helps.

He did seem better last weekend though. Hopefully that continues tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce