Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I can't believe how close this was to ending on a Parker Wotherspoon own goal with one second left.

Gotta suck for Toronto, I know from experience that I'd much rather lose 5-1 and have some peace of mind that the team just got beat outright than it to go to OT and have to agonize all summer long about all the near misses and could have beens.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
funny you should mention that :

It's a split second decision to go out for that puck, and it involves totally selling out on it against a player coming in with speed. Think 95% of goalies are staying put in their crease for that play.

Maybe i missed something but shouldn,t that have been icing?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
funny you should mention that :

It's a split second decision to go out for that puck, and it involves totally selling out on it against a player coming in with speed. Think 95% of goalies are staying put in their crease for that play.

Apparently the only guy who would've gone out for it is Kelly Hrudey.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
The Bruins are just trolling the Leafs at this point.

"Wouldn't it be funny if we go 3-1 up in the series and then let them win a couple games so we can beat them in a game 7 OT?"
"Yeah, let's do that lol"
So, similar to how the Jets swept the Avs in the regular season, won game 1 of the playoffs, and then got absolutely spanked the next 4 games?

And have absolutely nothing worth bragging about for the entire existence of their franchise?

Reactions: Andrei79

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Near identical goals, wild
Paul Maurice hockey.

6a1

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe i missed something but shouldn,t that have been icing?
Looks pretty close. Tie usually goes to the defender but I'm assuming they realized that Pastrnak had a better line to the puck to negate it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Seen a lot of people blame Marner but

1) That was a set play executed to perfection
2) If anyone is at fault on that play, it's Reilly for not immediately heading to the corner when Lindholm dumped it in. Marner is a winger, they never retrieve dump ins, and you can't "slow" a player down that is nowhere near the puck, that's interference.
Marner didn't even skate though... he just coasted. It's emblematic of what he's always been.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Apparently the only guy who would've gone out for it is Kelly Hrudey.
Yeah, I gotta be honest here... Hrudey treated it like it was some no brainer play to just go out and play the puck. It happens very quickly and for him to do that would be a very high risk play. And if he plays it and doesn't succeed, everyone's all over him.

That's not an easy play and it's certainly not an ugly goal. I don't see how you can really blame Samsonov on that.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah, I gotta be honest here... Hrudey treated it like it was some no brainer play to just go out and play the puck. It happens very quickly and for him to do that would be a very high risk play. And if he plays it and doesn't succeed, everyone's all over him.

That's not an easy play and it's certainly not an ugly goal. I don't see how you can really blame Samsonov on that.
No goalie goes out to play that, that would be a stupid risk. It's not like Pasta shelfed it on Sammy, he just squeezed it over his skate. Hrudey is a clown and always seems to have such an incredibly dumb take for a former NHL goaltender. I'd bet Hrudey would try and play that, actually, and the forward coming down has an empty net to shoot at because there's no goalie to challenge the shot after misplaying it.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

WTF is Nylander thinking there? “What do I do on this side of the rink?”

Pathetic core 4 performance yet again. Matthews looked more disappointed after game 82, when you couldn’t get 70.

He's covering the high slot.

Marner gets fooled by the set play, Reilly doesn't stand a chance against Pastrnak and Samsonov gets a brainfreeze.

You should be ready for that play but game seven and ot means playing tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad