Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Makar got a diving penalty in the 2nd.

Oh well, looks like UMass's season is done. Now comes the waiting game with Makar. I know I've read here the rumors that Makar wants to stay in college, but I imagine he and Joe will have a long conversation about it regardless.

I'm pretty indifferent either way. From a fan standpoint I want to be able to watch Makar on a nightly basis so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the NHL.

Development wise... Meh, I think he's an elite talent and the development part wont matter. He's going to take the next steps wherever he goes.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd prefer he stays one more season in college, especially with the expansion draft coming up.

I'd like to see him in Loveland with the Eagles next year. We wouldn't have to worry about expansion if he doesn't play in the NHL this season. I'm just not a big fan of what UMass can offer him.

Reactions: klozge

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd like to see him in Loveland with the Eagles next year. We wouldn't have to worry about expansion if he doesn't play in the NHL this season. I'm just not a big fan of what UMass can offer him.
No, the expansion draft just counts years of pro hockey, not NHL hockey. He signs, the clock starts ticking.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
No, the expansion draft just counts years of pro hockey, not NHL hockey. He signs, the clock starts ticking.

I'm pretty sure he can sign an ATO and finish the year with the Rampage this season and still be exempt in a 2020 expansion draft. As long as he doesn't play in an NHL game this season we're good.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The AHL this year is weird. It seems the California teams play 8 games less than every other team in the league. I have no idea how that affects the other teams in the West.

Standings

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They go by points percentage to determine playoff spots. So to qualify for wild card they use points percentage too. Allegedly next year the Eagles will have the 68 game schedule too so everyone in the division will be even. It's expected the Texas teams go to the Central division.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
No need to rush Makar. I'd like to hear/see him dominating NCAA next season and sign with the Avs at the spring of 2019.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So if Makar plays in the NHL this year, he has to be protected in the expansion draft?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We’ll know the answer to that a lot better when we see him in Loveland next season.
I think Timmins will force his way into the NHL next year, but he'll need to start in the AHL. It took Meloche a bit to adjust to pro hockey, it will probably take Timmins some time too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Timmins will force his way into the NHL next year, but he'll need to start in the AHL. It took Meloche a bit to adjust to pro hockey, it will probably take Timmins some time too.

Careful there, some folks might be upset that you are comparing Timmins to a mere mortal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think it also depends on who the Avs sign in free agency. Even if we don't make the playoffs, this season is a sign/step in the right direction for Sakic, who might want to build upon that by grabbing some pieces on July 1st. I am not expecting a wide range of Bobby Ryan's from the Avs since I hope Sakic see's that half of his team comes off their RFA's in two years time. However, if I recall the Avs will need to sign some players to get over the cap floor. Because of that, it would be harder to see Timmins make the club as Sakic will probably guarantee playing time to whoever he signs and I don't consider that a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad