2017-18 Playoff Watch

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think Vegas is our best chance of seeing the second round of the playoffs, albeit slim. Wonder if Shane O'Brien will come to any of the games in Vegas.
Not slim at all. I'd say 50% at worst. Overachieving in regular season has not much to do with playoff hockey. On paper we are the better team.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Gonna be hard to blow a 12 point lead with 13 games left... they're pretty much locked into #1 in the Pacific and will play the 1st wildcard team
I keep forgetting about dumb rules, like 2nd place goes to the leader of the other division no matter what. Thanks.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
unless they drastically improve or something, as long as we're playing Jost Compher and Kerfoot a fair amount I think our chances of moving on are quite slim regardless of who we we play. I really do think they've been great this year but they're probably gonna get exposed real hard in the pos

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
unless they drastically improve or something, as long as we're playing Jost Compher and Kerfoot a fair amount I think our chances of moving on are quite slim regardless of who we we play. I really do think they've been great this year but they're probably gonna get exposed real hard in the pos

We'll be fine. Captain Average actually plays like a former 7th overall pick once the playoffs roll around and MacK will put up at least 15 points if it goes to 7 games.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
We'll be fine. Captain Average actually plays like a former 7th overall pick once the playoffs roll around and MacK will put up at least 15 points if it goes to 7 games.
Can't wait to watch Mackinnon in the playoffs again. Thats what I am looking forward to the most as crazy as it is to think that he could be better than he is playing right now, the bigger the moment the better he seems to play.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't wait to watch Mackinnon in the playoffs again. Thats what I am looking forward to the most as crazy as it is to think that he could be better than he is playing right now, the bigger the moment the better he seems to play.
IMO what we've seen so far this year (at home at least) is pretty much playoff Mackinnon. I doubt he has an extra gear...that'd be scary.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Meh, I disagree. If it was any other team, I would say I agree, but our team is more talented than Vegas. Maybe not constructed better or coached better, but I think we could surprise the hockey world. Especially with some of our big game players.

It’s funny how Vegas essentially ‘overachieves’ and all of a sudden they’re legit cup contenders. I’m not saying that that team can’t go far, they proved everyone wrong once, but it would not surprise me in the least if they get bounced fairly quickly. The hockey world would go bonkers if we tossed them in the first round.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
People are forgetting what a force MacK was in the playoffs that rookie season. He's matured his game considerably since then, AND now has a perfect partner in crime in Rantanen. I think he absolutely has a playoff gear, he'll blow minds around the league if he gets to play there again.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
People are forgetting what a force MacK was in the playoffs that rookie season. He's matured his game considerably since then, AND now has a perfect partner in crime in Rantanen. I think he absolutely has a playoff gear, he'll blow minds around the league if he gets to play there again.

So you're saying MacK will score around 2 PPG in away games and 3 PPG in home games in the playoffs?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
2017-18 Playoff Watch

NHL-ICE-COL_564558dd-a2cb-4349-95a5-c863d6d70f81.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
All this talk about MacK in the playoffs.

I'm curious to see what it does to Mikko and Soderberg's games. If those two start to engage physically...

Maybe we'd get some Viking mode too.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Avs playoff chances up again to 86.9% after yesterday’s win.

Today’s game is worth 5.3% for a win and (6.4%) for a loss.

The Dallas and Anaheim games are most important ones tonight. Obviously hoping for losses on both their parts.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Avs playoff chances up again to 86.9% after yesterday’s win.

Today’s game is worth 5.3% for a win and (6.4%) for a loss.

The Dallas and Anaheim games are most important ones tonight. Obviously hoping for losses on both their parts.

I look forward to seeing these odds that you post.

Reactions: cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
All this talk about MacK in the playoffs.

I'm curious to see what it does to Mikko and Soderberg's games. If those two start to engage physically...

Maybe we'd get some Viking mode too.
Soda is already doing it. He's been more physical in the last few weeks than he's ever been in his career. He's been putting everything on the line every shift. I'm so impressed with him right now. Everything about him screams "playoff beast".

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Soda is already doing it. He's been more physical in the last few weeks than he's ever been in his career. He's been putting everything on the line every shift. I'm so impressed with him right now. Everything about him screams "playoff beast".

Yeah, Mikko has shown some physical push lately as well. Seeing the way Soda can play when emotionally engaged makes me glad we didn't trade him, or lose him to expansion. So far he's been worth that contract in two of three years.

Reactions: cgf

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Landeskog doesn't necessarily need to go "Viking Mode" for me to be excited at the prospect of seeing him in the playoffs again. The guy continues to quietly do a lot of heavy lifting for this team and his line. I mean, I obviously think MacKinnon drives that line, but all 3 of them are doing some great things together. I loved his play last night that led to Rantanen's goal.

If the Avs can make it in, I'm excited just to see Avalanche playoff hockey, but I'm really curious as to how Landeskog raises his game.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landeskog doesn't necessarily need to go "Viking Mode" for me to be excited at the prospect of seeing him in the playoffs again. The guy continues to quietly do a lot of heavy lifting for this team and his line. I mean, I obviously think MacKinnon drives that line, but all 3 of them are doing some great things together. I loved his play last night that led to Rantanen's goal.

If the Avs can make it in, I'm excited just to see Avalanche playoff hockey, but I'm really curious as to how Landeskog raises his game.

Yeah we'll have some interesting players to watch even outside the big names. Compher and Jost too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah we'll have some interesting players to watch even outside the big names. Compher and Jost too.

Yeah, I'll admit that I think *as of this exact moment in time* that Compher's style of play may be better suited for Playoff hockey, but Jost has come on a bit over the last long stretch of games.

I just still kind of chuckle when I see people want more "Viking Mode" Landeskog...the guy's body would breakdown at a pace similar to other power forward type players--I think he's shown that he wants to be smarter about his longevity. I'd much rather have Landeskog playing at his consistent 20+G and 50+ point seasons for a longer period of time than more "Viking Mode"...especially when him, MacKinnon, and Rantanen are such a great fit together.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, I'll admit that I think *as of this exact moment in time* that Compher's style of play may be better suited for Playoff hockey, but Jost has come on a bit over the last long stretch of games.

I just still kind of chuckle when I see people want more "Viking Mode" Landeskog...the guy's body would breakdown at a pace similar to other power forward type players--I think he's shown that he wants to be smarter about his longevity. I'd much rather have Landeskog playing at his consistent 20+G and 50+ point seasons for a longer period of time than more "Viking Mode"...especially when him, MacKinnon, and Rantanen are such a great fit together.

I agree on Landeskog in the regular season, but in the playoffs you lay it all on the line. It's perfectly acceptable to wonder if he's still got that in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00