2017-18 Playoff Watch

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I agree on Landeskog in the regular season, but in the playoffs you lay it all on the line. It's perfectly acceptable to wonder if he's still got that in him.

I would agree, but I think perhaps our disconnect here is that I think there's more to laying it all on the line than just what most people believe his "Viking Mode" is.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Mildly irksome, but Bishop is back from injury and in nets for the Stars tonight.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Damn it. The team is failing by succeeding too hard. It's like the boys don't even want to go to Vegas...

I'm 100% in agreement the ideal situtation is getting WC1 and facing Vegas, but we did split the season series with the Jets.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't lose against the Wings or we are back to square one.

SwMaj6i.png

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
So, from last night’s games, the Avs odds are down to 79.2%.

There’s 4 games today that matter for the avs playoff odds.

If all 4 games go the avs way, their odds increase by 4.7%

If all 4 games are worst possible outcome, the avs odds further decrease by 2.5%.

The St Louis-NYR game carries the most weight tonight.

Reactions: cgf and Murzu

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Those percentage shifts aren't a huge deal. The Avs are on pretty stable ground right now. Ideally Minnesota stays in 3rd, and the Avs stay in the 1WC spot while creating some space between them and the 2WC spot.

I think it's safe to say we beat Detroit. Chicago shouldn't be a problem, either. I think the 2 games against last Vegas will give us a good idea on a potential first round match up, and I think that the 1WC spot relies on our games against the California teams near the end of the year.

Most importantly, we are headed into the final 10 games, without having to hope for a miracle to get us in the playoffs.

Feels good

Reactions: hooverdam

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Those percentage shifts aren't a huge deal. The Avs are on pretty stable ground right now. Ideally Minnesota stays in 3rd, and the Avs stay in the 1WC spot while creating some space between them and the 2WC spot.

I think it's safe to say we beat Detroit. Chicago shouldn't be a problem, either. I think the 2 games against last Vegas will give us a good idea on a potential first round match up, and I think that the 1WC spot relies on our games against the California teams near the end of the year.

Most importantly, we are headed into the final 10 games, without having to hope for a miracle to get us in the playoffs.

Feels good
Yes the percentages move very minimally when it’s other team games.

However, every avs game moving forward has huge repercussions, especially the games against the teams they’re racing against.

You’re looking at 20-30% swing in games vs Dallas, St. Louis, LA, etc.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I still refuse to acknowledge that we might actually make the playoffs. A lifetime of disappointment has taught me not to assume.
Yep, that's why I fully expect a kick in the nuts from a team like Detroit or Chicago.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, Avs really need to come out big in the game against the Wings. That's by far the easiest game of the schedule left and it's 2 points you absolutely cannot afford to not get. Both LA and Anaheim played them recently and beat them, Avs need to take care of our own business against them now also.

Really we need to beat Chicago in both remaining games as well. Win those 3 games and all of a sudden we might only have 2 find 2 more wins in the rest of the schedule to get in.

But they have to make sure to recognize the importance of beating weaker teams and come out strong against them.

We've watched Dallas lose to Ottawa twice in the last 2 weeks and Montreal. It's those losses that they will look back on if they end up outside looking in, as the reason they missed.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You're way too confident.
Well the Avs have 1 regulation loss in the last 10 games. It was against the hottest team in the league, on the second night of a back-to-back. The Avs dominated the corsi, and were up 2-1 in the second.

The Avs top line had combined for 46 points in the previous ten games.

Detroit is a tire fire, and Chicago is a team we should beat if we play a decent game.

There's also a chance Johnson is back for the Chicago game.

I've seen the Avs ability to completely lay an egg and not show up to important games. I do have some confidence in them right now, but I've been hurt before lol

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Yeah I really don't care about who we play as long as we make the playoffs

I think our inability to win a faceoff and the college line getting exposed is going to make it really hard for us to get anything going but hey who knows? I thought we were gonna suck this year after trading duchene too
Either way this year has been a real success

Reactions: Oxymoron

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Very minimal change from last nights games.

Avs drop 0.8% and are now at 78.4%.

Lots of games today that can have major impact.

An avs win increases their odds by 5%. If all the games go the Avs way, their odds go up by 11.5%.

On the other hand, an avs loss is a monstrous 12.7% decrease. If you combine a loss with all the other games going the wrong way, the odds would decrease by over 20%.

Some help from Chicago and Winnipeg today would go a long way.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think we can hope for the Jets winning against Dallas, and a NJ win over Anaheim is definitely possible. I doubt Chicago beats St Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->