GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK wins. Fleury played 20, got the win (no official word on if he was injured, but did not return to bench). Subban got his first action since coming back from injury. Tatar notched his first as a Golden Knight.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Dallas is done. No way they make the playoffs with Bishop out for the year.

Either Anaheim or St. Louis will take the 2nd WC spot. Hopefully the Blues get it together.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
For real, real?

Guessing its just a bone bruise but Laine was pretty dramatic leaving the ice. Paul Maurice said "it was nothing sinister" assuming means nothing long term but you know hockey teams, I mean he ruled out a concussion in the same sentence haha

Reactions: slocal

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I know the Habs are having a bad season. I know this, but I can’t believe that Johnathan Drouin still has fewer goals than Joe Thornton.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
The Flames are useless, losing to the Ducks 3-0 going into the 3rd. This win will put the Ducks at 88 points, one ahead of the Kings and 3 behind the Sharks (Sharks with a game in hand though).

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
The Flames are useless, losing to the Ducks 3-0 going into the 3rd. This win will put the Ducks at 88 points, one ahead of the Kings and 3 behind the Sharks (Sharks with a game in hand though).
Though i thoroughly expect us to lay an egg when we play them on Saturday

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

It's just inevitable that every team battling with us for position is going to get a point in almost every single game. Like I look at the scores for the night and every single time the Kings, Ducks, Knights play, they just win every single time. And in case you're wondering, the Blues also got a ROW against f***ing Boston. Just ridiculous. Corsica had us at over 99% odds to make the playoffs but I feel nowhere near that confident in our team to make it simply because every other team is just unstoppable lately.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It's just inevitable that every team battling with us for position is going to get a point in almost every single game. Like I look at the scores for the night and every single time the Kings, Ducks, Knights play, they just win every single time. And in case you're wondering, the Blues also got a ROW against ****ing Boston. Just ridiculous. Corsica had us at over 99% odds to make the playoffs but I feel nowhere near that confident in our team to make it simply because every other team is just unstoppable lately.
Without Tarasenko.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It's just inevitable that every team battling with us for position is going to get a point in almost every single game. Like I look at the scores for the night and every single time the Kings, Ducks, Knights play, they just win every single time. And in case you're wondering, the Blues also got a ROW against ****ing Boston. Just ridiculous. Corsica had us at over 99% odds to make the playoffs but I feel nowhere near that confident in our team to make it simply because every other team is just unstoppable lately.

The Sharks are in a good position. They can't worry about what other teams do. Fans shouldn't either. They just need to focus on what's ahead.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
against the Flames?!

psh. I'm expecting an 8-0 drubbing of those chokers.

Im being 50% facetious here, but we did surrender 4 to them and then gave up 3 to Vancouver (and barely squeaked that one out despite VAN being shut out 2-3 games in a row or something).

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank

a little hint... Sharks have been pretty damn good themselves and keep winning. before the last three/four games, i've been trying to rationalize why the Sharks will lose:

Calgary: I figured the Flames were going to be more motivated.... nope rekt them 7-4
Vancouver: second half of Back to back, Vancouver had gone goalless for so long..., nope 5-3 win
NJ: Devils fighting for their playoff lives and first game back after a road trip... nope 6-2

They've just kept winning and most importantly winning the games they should be winning, over the years they've squandered a lot of points away to teams low in the standings.

Tomorrow nights game against Vegas is going to be a real litmus test of how this team is playing though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Its added motivation, which the Sharks seem to be up to the task. I don't see it as a bad thing.

That said, I hope the refs call an honest game vs Vegas for a change tonight. Sharks should be 2-0 against them this season.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
Ooof... just saw this on Reddit. Talk about worst timeline for a Flames fan.

Attachments

• B070FF1A-9B10-4A94-965F-427DF1BB7449.jpeg
    B070FF1A-9B10-4A94-965F-427DF1BB7449.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Calgary made moves like they were ready to make a run for the cup but looking at their offense, they're not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad