Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
As a Canucks fan, I'm hoping they claim Curtis McKenzie. BC boy.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Interesting, are they going to run with 3 goalies on the active roster...

I believe VGK has the option to assign him to the minors.

Good on Vegas. They have the G position pretty much under control.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I believe VGK has the option to assign him to the minors.

Good on Vegas. They have the G position pretty much under control.

Vegas can't assign him to the AHL without first clearing waivers. High probability Boston would reclaim him in that situation, hoping they're the only team to submit a claim so they can assign him to the AHL. Though I haven't looked at Boston's AHL goalie depth to see if they might pass on reacquiring him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I think Vegas is only one IR short of fielding a legal roster (or assigning Theodore to the AHL), but that's a weird looking setup right now of 10F/11D/3G. (Assuming Neal is on IR with Clarkson and Grabo)

edit: Actually Vegas can run with 24 active players for a day because they claimed Subban off waivers. Can submit a player for waivers tomorrow then be compliant on Thursday after that player is claimed or sent to the AHL.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
pouliot essentially replaces weircoch on the canucks blueline as the healthy scratch.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Must have not found a taker on Pickard and clearly see more NHL upside in Subban even if Pickard > Subban right now.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Both kinda interesting names.
Pickard because most believe he can be an NHL backup, and the Subban claim obviously pushed him out.

And Marincin (I think he'll go unclaimed, but) is still a decent #7 guy, imo. What is more interesting is that he is currently our spare, which means if he gets claimed or sent down, he needs to be replaced - but what value is there in scratching someone like Rosen or Liljegren as the #7 when they could be playing full minutes in the AHL.

Most Leafs fans' understanding was Marincin made the team because it wouldn't hurt his "development" nearly as much as any other D, to sit in the press box as a spare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad