Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Dime a dozen player, so yes.

Strange one. Never going to be a superstar of course, but he has got so much more hockey in him than he has shown in the NHL so far. Can´t explain why he is so invisible in most games playing in the NHL. Playing for the national team he is never afraid of taking on responsibility.

With his size he should have had a good 5-10 years in the NHL playing on 3rd and 4th lines. Doesn´t look like that is happening now. In any case some time in the AHL might be good for him.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think someone might claim Martinsen.. wouldn't even be surprised if it's Colorado.

Would it be concidered bad sport by the Avs to pick him up on waivers, after having traded him to the Habs last season? :badidea:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Strange one. Never going to be a superstar of course, but he has got so much more hockey in him than he has shown in the NHL so far. Can´t explain why he is so invisible in most games playing in the NHL. Playing for the national team he is never afraid of taking on responsibility.

With his size he should have had a good 5-10 years in the NHL playing on 3rd and 4th lines. Doesn´t look like that is happening now. In any case some time in the AHL might be good for him.

In the end it was a choice between Martinsen and Mitchell. They took the right-hand center/right winger with more experience that's good on the PK.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
In the end it was a choice between Martinsen and Mitchell. They took the right-hand center/right winger with more experience that's good on the PK.

Yeah. Not saying they made the wrong decision. From what I have seen from Martinsen in the NHL they made the right one. Even if I think Martinsen might just take that next step on the right line with the right coach.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Are any good goalies hitting waivers past Coreau? He might be an option for Toronto if he's the best of the rest.

I'd rather throw Winnipeg a 7th for Hutch if we need depth before taking on a Coreau.

Jul 6, 2016

I have doubts anyone would claim Martinsen...

So, MB not only failed last season by bringing big bodies like King, Martinsen and Ott + useless Davidson at the trade deadline, but he gave a more talented player in Andrighetto

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I hope Rychel clears because he seems like he could be a useful late-bloomer but I'm not going to lose sleep if he gets claimed.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
pdg is surprising

Not really. Two season's ago he looked like he was developing nicely and had 41 games and 17 points as rookie. He played with a bit of physicality which worked well opposite Skinner and had some scoring touch. He then had 2 (or maybe 3) concussions and to me, he's not looked the same. Just not as aggressive and now getting passed by some other guys and soon may be passed by even more (Gauthier, Roy, Kuokkanen, Necas, etc...).

Maybe it's just a case of being injured, he fell behind and now isn't getting the same opportunity, but he just doesn't look the same to me.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad