2017-18 NBA regular season thread

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Cavs look nothing like an NBA Finals team. They doubled down on veteran scorers who lost their athleticism instead of building a proper defensive system. Imagine if the team had a proper coach and proper management team.

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm sure the thunder will rebound and be just fine

but it was so obvious that having 3 guys in the starting lineup who need the ball in their hands to be successful was not going to go as smooth as people thought

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Westbrook, Melo and George are 3 awesome players but I get the feeling all 3 want to be the guy. Only 1 can be the guy on a team. Be interesting to see if they'll get it together.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lonzo is the youngest player in NBA history to put up a triple-double

19 pts 12 reb 13 ast 3 stl 4 blk

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
For f***s sake Markkanen got injured last night. Make no mistake about it, he is already our best player and it's not even close. Our defense is trash without Markkanen, who brings the rebounding & size. It's pretty crazy that he is already one of our better defenders & rebounders. At the end of the day whole trade was huge win. Butler said to our GM; "It's him or Hoiberg". I don't have any idea how player can be that childish.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
For ****s sake Markkanen got injured last night. Make no mistake about it, he is already our best player and it's not even close. Our defense is trash without Markkanen, who brings the rebounding & size. It's pretty crazy that he is already one of our better defenders & rebounders. At the end of the day whole trade was huge win. Butler said to our GM; "It's him or Hoiberg". I don't have any idea how player can be that childish.
He's not the only player in history to do this

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Westbrook, Melo and George are 3 awesome players but I get the feeling all 3 want to be the guy. Only 1 can be the guy on a team. Be interesting to see if they'll get it together.

This is the first time for Melo & PG that they are not the alpha dog on the team, they need time to adjust. This is also the first time Russ has had two star calibre players with him.

lonzo is the youngest player in NBA history to put up a triple-double

19 pts 12 reb 13 ast 3 stl 4 blk

One day after people were throwing the "bust" label our there :laugh:

Wow the Pistons are making me into believers.

They have a really solid team, I was legit surprised they didn't make the playoffs last year.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Pistons underachieved last year. Reggie Jackson getting hurt prior to the season did them no favors either. He was awful after coming back.

This year Jackson is completely healthy, the bench has improved, Drummond has improved at the FT line and swapping out KCP for Avery Bradley is an upgrade.

While they're not as good as their current record would indicate, they are living up to the expectation of last season.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I'm not buying it. It's convenient and expected for HFBoards to say 'I knew it all along' about the Pistons being a solid team, but the fact is that Vegas had the Pistons predicted win total at 38.5 before the start of this season (not one betting site had the Pistons above .500) and Detroit had 0 players ranked in the top 50 in SI's pre-season NBA player rankings.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The Cavs/Knicks game was dope. LeBron talked way too much before it, and then ended up hitting the big 3 to take the lead when they were down a bunch. And then calls himself the King of NY today. Pretty awesome few days

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
That was an entertaining game. I don't even know what to say about Embiid. Wow. Two dominating games in a row. Also, Kuzma is damn good. Better than Lonzo right now.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Embiid is ridiculous. Randle shouldn't have been guarding him. Several career highs in a single game. Lonzo will get it together but his shooting right now is just horrendous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad