Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
DobberHockey Presents FrozenPool's NHL Line Combinations

The lines were changed so often, so I’m not sure if that’s an accurate statement.

And here are all of the line combos that Brown was used on last season.

Wow, that's a lot of information. :) Interesting to see how many different versions there are amongst like 14-15 forwards. Seems like Brown was with Kopi about 40-45% of the time (I'm not adding it up). Seems about right.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

The lines were changed so often, so I’m not sure if that’s an accurate statement.

And here are all of the line combos that Brown was used on last season.
Well it looks like he did play with Kopitar a lot so the "one game and that's it" obviously isn't true. He was bad last season and was demoted because of it. Kopitar also wasn't good last season. Thankfully both are playing awesome this season.

A pretty honest statement, and he's right.

He's starting to sound more like a captain this season. Last season was a lot of "we" while this season is a lot more of "I." Also said last night after the game that they need Gaborik to do what makes him successful. Not afraid to call out teammates without making it sound like he's getting on them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He probably also feels better doing so since he's more than carrying his weight. At this point he could slap Brown and bench Andreoff himself and he'd be right.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He's starting to sound more like a captain this season. Last season was a lot of "we" while this season is a lot more of "I." Also said last night after the game that they need Gaborik to do what makes him successful. Not afraid to call out teammates without making it sound like he's getting on them.

I've noticed that as well. Kopi is taking a lot more things on himself and is saying things with confidence, it's awesome. I think there are two reasons for it.

First, when you are playing better overall it's easier to call yourself/others out when you play crappy.

Second, there were some weird dynamics in that locker room under Sutter. Most of the interviews were canned answers, the only guys that I can think of that were brutally honest with regularity were Williams and Mitchell. Sutter preached that even keel. When they won or a player was dominant, he would downplay it. When asked about a player's mistake or a loss, he would say they were good overall, even if they were terrible. I remember in the finals when the press was trying to get some comments out of Sutter and he said "It's just a game, not life or death. It's not that important" or something to that effect. I think that even keel, almost robotic unemotional approach was instilled in the players. You can see they've discovered their emotion this year.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
iafallo was huge for the rehab of brown and kopitar, the right guy at the right place at the right time, and it worked like a charm. it's in the stats and iafallo should get a huge credit. but still i whisper: gaborik. now he is back and fit and ready. i hope to see gaborik + kopitar + brown from now on, this could become the best line in nhl this season. all grandmasters, all champs, all fit and in their best shape. show them!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
iafallo was huge for the rehab of brown and kopitar, the right guy at the right place at the right time, and it worked like a charm. it's in the stats and iafallo should get a huge credit. but still i whisper: gaborik. now he is back and fit and ready. i hope to see gaborik + kopitar + brown from now on, this could become the best line in nhl this season. all grandmasters, all champs, all fit and in their best shape. show them!
As sad as it would be to demote Iafallo, I can't help but smile thinking of the carnage he'll cause with with Kempe and Lewis... Speed, Speed, Speed... Once JC returns i'm thinking we'll have 3 legit scoring lines and a shutdown 4th...
Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Iafallo - Kempe - Lewis
Mitchell -Shore - Jokinen
Cliffford - Brodzinski

Not bad at all...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Iafallo as a bottom-sixer is a terrifying prospect for opponents. Give him anyone that can finish, and that line will be deadly.

Reactions: mrkolice

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
As sad as it would be to demote Iafallo, I can't help but smile thinking of the carnage he'll cause with with Kempe and Lewis... Speed, Speed, Speed... Once JC returns i'm thinking we'll have 3 legit scoring lines and a shutdown 4th...
Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Iafallo - Kempe - Lewis
Mitchell -Shore - Jokinen
Cliffford - Brodzinski

Not bad at all...
I'd rather switch Gaborik and Iafallo. Kopitar is shooting more and that's good for both him and the team. And Iafallo seems very good at puck retrieval. And still think that 3rd would be lighting fast and scary with Gaborik, maybe even more scary with his scoring touch.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I think Iafallo works better on the top line, Gaborik can finish but he has trouble cycling against top opposition. Let Gaborik try to feed on lower lines, and then if you want to try to boost scoring in later periods you can move him up.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
iafallo or gaborik in the first line: i've noticed the forecheck game of alex and it was huge. it made a difference. gaborik is an animal of his own, he is a producer. i guess both combos are great, it's a thin line what to take or how to mix. personally i would try with gaborik, to make it work, i mean a really nasty working 1st line. last game was an example of chemistry, the trinity was just happy to be together again. i saw, with my human eye, that gaborik belongs there, they were happy to play together again, and hungry to play well. iafallo or gaborik: whatever works, but i think they need gabby there to win the cup.
I'd rather switch Gaborik and Iafallo. Kopitar is shooting more and that's good for both him and the team. And Iafallo seems very good at puck retrieval. And still think that 3rd would be lighting fast and scary with Gaborik, maybe even more scary with his scoring touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad