2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just realized that in 3 of the last 4 years, they've lost an important player in the first few weeks of the season for an extended period of time. Voynov, Quick., Carter. Along with Voynov, Pearson went down with an injury later in the year. Along with Quick, it was Toffoli. Gaborik went down a little more than half way through 15-16, which was really the only major injury that year.

One injury, you might be able to adapt. Lose another guy, in a cap world, and it gets really tough.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Just realized that in 3 of the last 4 years, they've lost an important player in the first few weeks of the season for an extended period of time. Voynov, Quick., Carter. Along with Voynov, Pearson went down with an injury later in the year. Along with Quick, it was Toffoli. Gaborik went down a little more than half way through 15-16, which was really the only major injury that year.

One injury, you might be able to adapt. Lose another guy, in a cap world, and it gets really tough.
It gets especially hard to adapt when your pipeline is barren. At least now I feel like the Kings could call up Brodzinski, Mersch etc and on D they have LaDue. The Kings were hurting for a few seasons there prospect wise.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yep, injuries can hurt the team, but they're also opportunities for folks to step up, take bigger roles, and hopefully grow. Kempe, Shore, it's your show now. Can't 'replace' Carter, but show me what you've got. Brodz, Auger, fill in the gaps.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Today's NHL Network poll: Who does it first?
a. LA loses their first reg game to Lumbus
or
b. The Cryotes get their first win

Everyone voted we lose first.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Montreal is awful. They do have the horses but they are missing the character to do anything about it. First firing of the season coming way early this season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Seeing how the Kings are likely looking for a 2C now that Carts is on the self for a couple of months, what would it take to get Matty D from the Avs..
I know its already been discussed but it now seems like a slight possibility so????
Toffoli, LaDue, Dowd, 1st, and 4th... Clague makes LaDue expendable from a prospect pov, Amadio and Vilardi are off limits and when you look at the roster its pretty damn good
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Duchene - Gaborik (Carter when he returns)
Cammalleri - Kempe - Lewis (Gaborik ^^^)
Clifford/Andreoff - Shore - Auger (Lewis ^^^)

Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Fantenberg
Martinez - Frolin
MacDermid

Quick
Kuemper

Not even sure thats a good enough trade or overpayment but it improves this team immensely...

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
what would it take to get Matty D from the Avs..
Toffoli, LaDue, Dowd, 1st, and 4th...

tenor.gif

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I just read a sportnet rumor that the kings are talking to montreal . Alex Galchenyuk was mentions from them and Martinez or Muzzin from us. I read the montreal gm was at the islander king game scouting us.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I just read a sportnet rumor that the kings are talking to montreal . Alex Galchenyuk was mentions from them and Martinez or Muzzin from us. I read the montreal gm was at the islander king game scouting us.

If thats the case I feel sorry for amart/muzzin, imagine playing in that environment

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I wouldn't trade Toffoli straight up for Duchene . We need goal scorers . He is homegrown loves it in LA and we love him. Holy shit that was insane package lol

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Seeing how the Kings are likely looking for a 2C now that Carts is on the self for a couple of months, what would it take to get Matty D from the Avs..
I know its already been discussed but it now seems like a slight possibility so????
Toffoli, LaDue, Dowd, 1st, and 4th... Clague makes LaDue expendable from a prospect pov, Amadio and Vilardi are off limits and when you look at the roster its pretty damn good
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Duchene - Gaborik (Carter when he returns)
Cammalleri - Kempe - Lewis (Gaborik ^^^)
Clifford/Andreoff - Shore - Auger (Lewis ^^^)

Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Fantenberg
Martinez - Frolin
MacDermid

Quick
Kuemper

Not even sure thats a good enough trade or overpayment but it improves this team immensely...
I wouldn't trade Toffoli for Duchene, much less add on.

Reactions: mbar and Kylo Ren

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Seeing how the Kings are likely looking for a 2C now that Carts is on the self for a couple of months

Neither team is desperate to do a deal yet. Nobody knows how bad the Kings will be yet, and in a cap world, you're pretty much stuck with what you have this early in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad