Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
If the Jets can’t win I don’t want any Canadian team to win

Im similar. I don’t care if a team is in Canada or not. I only care about the Jets

If the Avs beat us (which it seems they will - they’ve been the better team through 3 games now) I’m gonna cheer for them and the Kings in the west.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The National Hockey League (NHL) announced on Friday that the 2024 NHL Draft Lottery will be held on Tuesday, May 7, inside their studios.

TeamOdds
San Jose Sharks18.5%
Chicago Blackhawks13.5%
Anaheim Ducks11.5%
Columbus Blue Jackets9.5%
Montreal Canadiens8.5%
Utah7.5%
Ottawa Senators6.5%
Seattle Kraken6.0%
Calgary Flames5.0%
New Jersey Devils3.5%
Buffalo Sabres3.0%
Philadel[hia Flyers2.5%
Minnesota Wild2.0%
Pittsburgh Penguins1.5%
Detroit Red Wings0.5%
St. Louis Blues0.5%

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The National Hockey League (NHL) announced on Friday that the 2024 NHL Draft Lottery will be held on Tuesday, May 7, inside their studios.

TeamOdds
San Jose Sharks18.5%
Chicago Blackhawks13.5%
Anaheim Ducks11.5%
Montreal Canadiens8.5%
Utah7.5%
Ottawa Senators6.5%
Seattle Kraken6.0%
Calgary Flames5.0%
New Jersey Devils3.5%
Buffalo Sabres3.0%
Philadel[hia Flyers2.5%
Minnesota Wild2.0%
Pittsburgh Penguins1.5%
Detroit Red Wings0.5%
St. Louis Blues0.5%
If, as it appears so far, the Jets crash and burn again in the playoffs I hope whoever the GM is tries really hard to move up in the draft.

Ottawa, Seattle, Buffalo, New Jersey, and Detroit could all be targets to trade their 1st IMO for an instant upgrade (Connor? Ehlers?)

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I wouldn't be crushed if it ended up being the Canucks, if we can't do it but if it's the Soilers or the Laffs I'm going to throw a tantrum and the better half will have to take me for therapy.😆
My condolences to your partner.

I could be persuaded to back Canucks all the way, once I dealt with the derision from my family.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Im similar. I don’t care if a team is in Canada or not. I only care about the Jets

If the Avs beat us (which it seems they will - they’ve been the better team through 3 games now) I’m gonna cheer for them and the Kings in the west.

My philosophy this year is ABV (anyone but Vegas).

Just for legacy sake I wouldn't mind seeing McDavid lift a cup. He's going to go down as the best player of this generation so it's kind of a shame if he doesn't but on the flip side I don't want to see Edmonton do it. Feel like he'll be a career Oiler though.

Goodette

Jun 23, 2023
McDavid will leave when the Oilers realize his trade value vs his 12.5 mill cap hit no longer makes sense. It starts this off season when they have to decide to keep Draisaitl for one more kick at the cat and then lose him for nothing or trade for future assets. The thing I read recently that I can't stop shaking my head at: Nurse makes the same as Makar. If you pay these 3 that much, not enough is left.

The Oilers have been lucky that guys are willing to ride McDavid's coat tails in hopes of getting a cup but when it is obvious no cup is coming they will want to get paid and Oilers won't be able to.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
McDavid will leave when the Oilers realize his trade value vs his 12.5 mill cap hit no longer makes sense. It starts this off season when they have to decide to keep Draisaitl for one more kick at the cat and then lose him for nothing or trade for future assets. The thing I read recently that I can't stop shaking my head at: Nurse makes the same as Makar. If you pay these 3 that much, not enough is left.

The Oilers have been lucky that guys are willing to ride McDavid's coat tails in hopes of getting a cup but when it is obvious no cup is coming they will want to get paid and Oilers won't be able to.

If both want to stay they will resign both. They probably make more money in jersey sales than they pay McD every year. Dude makes that team far more money than they will ever pay him. Drai might be pretty close as well.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Hmmm, kinda thing NSH would have been a nice draw for us.
and that's who we would have had if the nhl had a normal seeding system for the playoffs instead we get to play the team that finished 4th after we finished 2nd in the west...

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

TeamOdds
San Jose Sharks18.5%
Chicago Blackhawks13.5%
Anaheim Ducks11.5%
Montreal Canadiens8.5%
Utah7.5%
Ottawa Senators6.5%
Seattle Kraken6.0%
Calgary Flames5.0%
New Jersey Devils3.5%
Buffalo Sabres3.0%
Philadel[hia Flyers2.5%
Minnesota Wild2.0%
Pittsburgh Penguins1.5%
Detroit Red Wings0.5%
St. Louis Blues0.5%
Really surprised they didnt just give first overall to Utah...

Helle not the only goalie having tough games, both Bob and Vassy kinda shitty today
Bob has been the opposite of shitty for the first 3 games...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
My philosophy this year is ABV (anyone but Vegas).

Just for legacy sake I wouldn't mind seeing McDavid lift a cup. He's going to go down as the best player of this generation so it's kind of a shame if he doesn't but on the flip side I don't want to see Edmonton do it. Feel like he'll be a career Oiler though.

That’s fair Dax. I will cheer for Vegas over the Oilers.

I am happy for the oilers to win yet another cup and I agree it would be nice to see mcdavid get one (agreed - hopefully outside of oiler colours lol) but I’d rather see the Jets hoist one before them

I wouldn’t count on him being an oiler for life but you never know. If they re sign him and destroy their cap with his next contract I will be happy for him to stay there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad