2017-18 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - XIV

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He clearly likes mediocre rookies so he should have lots of interest in your team...

;)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Taking final bids on OEL, will likely be gone within the next hour or two.

Don't camp on this and then whine later.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Madison sucks. First week it was nice. 3 weeks into 5 week stat and tech crach course for new gizmos and gadgets. I like field work not the uni side of things

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Also anyone want to try a different type of league? Kind of a cross between a pool and an EA type sim in that it runs like the latter but ratings are generated almost entirely based on individual and team stats, so each years stats is an attempt to create last years numbers.

Usually it's hard to get people into because most leagues using the sim manually sim their home game creating a lot time investment, plus you have to buy the sim and pay for ratings each year, so it's mostly a small group of hardcore old timers that play it. But in one 24 team league I'm in (league's been going since in 2001) we've had 4 vacant teams for a while now and to fill them are open to taking managers and let their games be centrally simmed, meaning you don't have to buy anything but rather can submit lines via spreadsheet and the league will sim the games.

Still a whole lot involved, but if anyone's interested send me a PM for more details.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Working on 2 small ish trades but am open to a big one for an impact player.
(Excluding marner/Nylander)

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
What we thinking for rule changes / alterations fellas..
?!

Can someone volunteer to recap what we've discussed from the previous thread? I've been super busy the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to focus in on several of these ideas to put them into a vote.

Thanks.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No hits worst category ever
Offensive categories are important, we cant have ****ing grinders being as valuable as superstars.

I suggest we add Total saves for goalies, it makes them more important, and most importantly lets you gamble on sitting a goalie, or playing one.

Love that aspect

Let's not go crazy and change 2 much here

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Expanding Rosters and expansion next year.

I will push for bigger rosters next year. I think that would be the biggest thing to improve the league.

We were talking about expansion. I'd like expansion but I don't feel passionately about it.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'd like to swap out plus/minus for overall points. Plus/minus sucks, and its somewhat annoying having a 9g 25a week and end up tied by an opponent who went 10g 10a.

I like the total saves idea.

Don't really care about expansion, I'm not really a fan of watering down the talent level too far.

I don't mind expanding the rosters but again I'm not really in favor of watered down rosters so I wouldn't vote in favor of expanding too deeply.

I do agree with Luc that there isn't a lot that really needs changing, just a few tweaks here and there.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I'd like to swap out plus/minus for overall points. Plus/minus sucks, and its somewhat annoying having a 9g 25a week and end up tied by an opponent who went 10g 10a.

I like the total saves idea.

Don't really care about expansion, I'm not really a fan of watering down the talent level too far.

I don't mind expanding the rosters but again I'm not really in favor of watered down rosters so I wouldn't vote in favor of expanding too deeply.

I do agree with Luc that there isn't a lot that really needs changing, just a few tweaks here and there.

I like t he +- idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad