2017-18 EFL Carabao Cup

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can might have been rested because he played Saturday. But I do feel like Can is better option against these teams.

What Liverpool really should do, is sign Thomas Delaney.

Can has to play against these guys on the weekend and in the CL so yeah.

I am not particularly bothered by this game except for the fact that they changed every part in the team except the defensive midfielder over the course of the last few games. Yet we are still conceding from knockdowns into his zone and somehow no blame is given to him. Properly bizarre is what it is. Hendo literally runs out of the area into nowhere space, stands there watching Leicester players playing in the box in his zone, and doesn't even react to it.

The Sevilla 2nd goal was his fault too, and his passing completion that game was around 75%. But no blame given there either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But I thought this game was supposed to showcase Liverpool's depth?

"Showcase"

First half was great. Second half was boring until Leicester scored and then LFC lost their heads.

This is not a unique scenario.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Note, winning silver is a goal this year. But honestly, if they're going to try to stay in the top 4, the sooner they're out, the better.

They had probably 2-3 starters playing in this, and that's 2-3 too many.

I said top four was a goal coming into the season, but no way this is a top four team.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This can still be a top four team because inevitably Henderson will get hurt, someone else will go into the #6, play great there and get no credit, get the team to top four again and leave on a free.

Then after he leaves and next season we can't defend again we'll go back to blaming the coach.

edit: Looking at some other forums I see there are other people who recognize the problem is Henderson. He is not a #6 and has no understanding of defensive zones. Now Klopp needs to recognize and drop him because Wijnaldum and Coutinho are obviously miles further ahead in midfield.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm fine with Henderson being dropped at this point. He is nowhere near as good as he was last season, and I think his injuries have taken a toll. Wijnaldum and Coutinho are both better players. Can will get time and if he's going to play I'd rather it be in the 'DM' spot.

Problem is Hendo won't get dropped as he's the captain.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He literally just started playing for Liverpool. Relax. He was good in the first half but tanked with the rest of the team in the 2nd half.

That said I expect more from him in the future.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ox at CM...lollll he cannot think as rw...imagine in midddle...

****ing waste of 35mil

Yeah sure thing champ.

The problem at this moment is that Ox is not trained to Liverpool's intensity level and is trained to Arsenal's, combined with only being at Liverpool for twelve days. Other players who hit the ground running had all preseason to absorb what they are supposed to do.

His job at Liverpool wouldn't be to think, it would be to run. Speed up tempo, make the opposing team turn the ball over. Create chances with quick passing triangles and one-two's. He did well doing that for the first 45 minutes, but his body is not trained for that intensity level. So naturally he played like complete garbage the rest of the game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The same two posters are going to make the same AOC posts after every game. Best to ignore.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
https://streamable.com/hpyq5

Does lack of intensity training make you do this?

Banter aside, I really think he should be played at RB. It sounds absurd, but he played well when everyone called for wengers head for playing him rwb. He played the best football of his career. Clyne is injured anyways.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
AOC has no SOCCER IQ But magically he can play CM for Pool... he was not good enough for Pre-season at CM...good lord.

He's a RWB and even there he's not good enough

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's different football systems. Sorry that you don't know how to understand it.

Firmino wasn't a good enough finisher to be striker for someone else, but in these tactics he's great at it. That's how it works sometimes.

All that matters for a #8 to play for Klopp is being a great athlete, running, good in the challenge, and getting the ball forward. Pretty sure Ox is all those things, and he has better close control than most of our midfielders. He can learn.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
But I thought this game was supposed to showcase Liverpool's depth?

This cup has always been about the kids for me. Had they drawn some crap Championship side, I would have been irate if he played anyone older than Ings or the like.

I'm happy with what some of the young players who did play showed. They don't have to worry about this competition, so it's fine.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
It's different football systems. Sorry that you don't know how to understand it.

Firmino wasn't a good enough finisher to be striker for someone else, but in these tactics he's great at it. That's how it works sometimes.

All that matters for a #8 to play for Klopp is being a great athlete, running, good in the challenge, and getting the ball forward. Pretty sure Ox is all those things, and he has better close control than most of our midfielders. He can learn.

Firminho is good enough for a club aiming for 4th-5th place...nothing else...

AOC is classic overhypped English speedster...waste fo 40millions.
If you want another waste we have Walcott for you...ex Southampton player too...will fit righ in Pool side.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp-8th Aug 2017: There aren't five better centre-halves than what we already have at Liverpool

Klopp-19th September 2017: Liverpool defending makes me feel sick

Fixed

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Might wanna check your calendar mate.

Checked the calendar. Next four fixtures in the league are

@ Leicester (who just beat LFC)
@ Newcastle (Rafa)
vs Man U (duh)
@ Spurs

And then Klopp gets his best friend Wagner.

If they think the media is bad now and the fans are boiling over dropping points to Leicester again with a trip to face Benitez can get very ugly. Especially with all of the European games. The timing of these fixtures is no less than awful. Klopp needs to figure things out and fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad