Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Sucks to lose Schwartz but at least he'll be back for the final stretch and playoff run. Schwartz is a great player, but he's a 60-game a year guy which is going to cost him on his next contract...even if he does keep putting up similar point-per-game figures as Tarasenko. I just hope he and Schenn can recapture their chemistry when Jaden does come back in 5-6 weeks.
The report didn't say "out five to six weeks". It said out at LEAST 6 weeks, and he'll be re-evaluated in 6 weeks. The MRI must have shown a fracture. I bet Schwartz will wear ankle protectors from now on.It's discouraging because the shot was more of a wrist flip, than a hard drive.Schwartz should take Vitamin D and calcium supplements.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
In the pre-game interview the other night, Brett Hull said the Blues would be OK if Schwartz is only out for a brief period but that we would not be Ok if he is gone for a long time. I always appreciated Hull for his candor and I agree.

I think Schwartz needs to get back in time to find his form for the Blues to be a serious threat for the SC. The big "if" in my opinion is how long it will take Jaden to hit the top level of his play after he returns. He took a fair bit of time to regain his form after returning from his previous ankle injury....probably b/c his game depends so much on fast cuts.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i think the blues need to make a move regardless. not seeing much out there from 70 and 56. 20 has been lackluster. need another scorer.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Pie to IR Schmaltz called up.

I blame this on whoever said something about our season being over if Pie got injured. Hockey gods took both Pie and Schwartz in one game.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Well time for Parayko to show he can be a #1 D-man. Jesus this team can’t catch a break. Tarasenko and Allen will have to carry the load for a bit.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well Ranksu you get to test your theory, at least Petro is not out for the year.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/138408847/

I think there is difference be out of lineup for 1 week or rest of season, but me saying we become sellers is baloney. This team is playoff team already no matter how deep downhill we go after this.

Maybe we can test now having Schwartz and Pietro out sometime does Blues go heavily downhill or not. Small test.

Ranksu said:
If Pietro gets injured rest of season this team is done, caput, finito. Having Gunnar as a depth is not gonna help. We become Sellers.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
At least we have Parayko who can fill Petro's shoes and Schmaltz to come up, so we still have a good top pairing in Edmundson/Parayko, and a complete list of top 6 capable defensemen. We are better suited to survive a Petro injury than we have been in the past.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
So Petro has to sit at least until next Sunday, correct? A week from the first game he missed?

Edit-

This is encouraging at least.

Last edited:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
This could be a blessing in disguise. Petro and Schwartz get a break, and the team is forced to pull together with a couple of their stars out. Winning a few games against good opponents could go a long way towards building some of the young guys confidence up. Of course, it could also be really bad and we could see just how bad we are without those stars in the lineup. At least the log jam at D that we currently have is being opened up with a barrel of dynamite.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
This could be a blessing in disguise. Petro and Schwartz get a break, and the team is forced to pull together with a couple of their stars out. Winning a few games against good opponents could go a long way towards building some of the young guys confidence up. Of course, it could also be really bad and we could see just how bad we are without those stars in the lineup. At least the log jam at D that we currently have is being opened up with a barrel of dynamite.

exactly - win a couple/few w/o petro and that would go a long way for our team. Lose a few and well, we lost w/o some stars and a probably fading with fatigue goalie.
Silver lining petro gets some rest... ha.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Next few games could be real rough. Tampa, Anaheim, and then a home and home with Winnipeg. I'll be happy with 2 wins out of those 4 games. Good opportunity for Jordan though. hopefully he can stick around longer than just the three or so games Petro will miss.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Next few games could be real rough. Tampa, Anaheim, and then a home and home with Winnipeg. I'll be happy with 2 wins out of those 4 games. Good opportunity for Jordan though. hopefully he can stick around longer than just the three or so games Petro will miss.
I'll be happy if we get out of those games without losing any more key people.

Mar 6, 2012
I've noticed that there is frequently an injury "high" right after your most important players go down. When the team rallies around the adversity and plays super well for about a week... then it all comes crashing down after the initial rush...

Hopefully they can ride out Petro's absence during this phase. Hopefully they have this phase. We'll see.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm starting to feel worse and worse. Who's our #5 RHD? I know we have Butler Walman and Lindbohm for the LD in the minors, but do we have anyone for the right side?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm starting to feel worse and worse. Who's our #5 RHD? I know we have Butler Walman and Lindbohm for the LD in the minors, but do we have anyone for the right side?

They can play on the opposite side. Some prefer it, and while not ideal, it's not a big issue.

And like Liut said, this is why you keep NHL caliber depth around.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Either Vannelli or Sergeev would be the 5th RHD. Pick your poison on which one you want there. Both are in the ECHL at the moment. Prosser was signed as the 4th/5th RHD, but we lost him to waivers. If we were going to be so short on the right beyond Schmaltz for an extended period of time, I am sure we could sign some Vet who is better than Vanelli from somewhere. But we are much better off playing one of our LHD on their off-hand.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
To be fair to them, Wolverine would probably rip some **** up if we could sign him and he'd never miss time due to injury.

Keeping him out of the box could be a problem, though.

Well he is Canadian and James Howlett (even Logan) is a hockey players name.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Well he is Canadian and James Howlett (even Logan) is a hockey players name.
wolverine-hockey.jpg

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad