2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
on another note, Chayka the genius has the Yotes winless so far this season

Well in fairness, he is a top 30 GM.
On another note, Keller is really damn good. Come on Jesse, too many guys picked behind you are ahead of you right now. Time to prove the Oilers right.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Damn, I could of sworn he was gonna be a 70 point selke level center, or so ive been told.
I've been watching him for three seasons and I have no idea what he's supposed to be elite at. He has a good shot but never gets it off, he loses the puck easy, and takes a bad penalty every game. When he's on the ice nothing happens.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've been watching him for three seasons and I have no idea what he's supposed to be elite at. He has a good shot but never gets it off, he loses the puck easy, and takes a bad penalty every game. When he's on the ice nothing happens.
He's definitely elite at taking penalties.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He's definitely elite at taking penalties.
It really is the only thing he's consistent at.

I wonder how much longer Gulutzan is going to put up with it. Jankowski should have made the team out of camp according to the Calgary media and fans. I can't imagine he'd be doing any worse than Bennett.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Sam Bennett sucks with or without a beard.

7GP, 0 points, -2, 5 shots, 12 PIMs, one hate thread on HFFlames
Flames fans finally coming to the realization that Bennett will never be a #1C and quite possibly might never be a top 6 forward. This all feels too similar to Yakupov. Given the crap they gave us for that pick I welcome the Bennett Bust.

I guess the Oilers could always put in a waiver claim or toss the Flames a 5th round pick to see if he's still got that childhood chemistry with Connor :sarcasm:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Flames fans finally coming to the realization that Bennett will never be a #1C and quite possibly might never be a top 6 forward. This all feels too similar to Yakupov. Given the crap they gave us for that pick I welcome the Bennett Bust.

I guess the Oilers could always put in a waiver claim or toss the Flames a 5th round pick to see if he's still got that childhood chemistry with Connor :sarcasm:
Galchenyuk, Murray and Reinhart are sure making that Yak pick a lot easier to swallow at this point.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Galchenyuk, Murray and Reinhart are sure making that Yak pick a lot easier to swallow at this point.
Reinhart has been living up to expectations his first two years on the team. Tonight he's playing center again - between Griffith and Pouliot - so the bust thread on the main board will probably be quite populated after the game...

Would I rather have Draisatl? Absolutely.

The question that I came here for: How could Pouliot score 14 pts with Edmonton last year? He's pretty much worse than anything I saw during our tank years.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
so the Flames have 37 minor penalties against in 7 games...
That damn Wideman effect I tell ya

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Reinhart has been living up to expectations his first two years on the team. Tonight he's playing center again - between Griffith and Pouliot - so the bust thread on the main board will probably be quite populated after the game...

Would I rather have Draisatl? Absolutely.

The question that I came here for: How could Pouliot score 14 pts with Edmonton last year? He's pretty much worse than anything I saw during our tank years.
Wrong reinhart, he's talking about griffin

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I hate the Flames and many of their fans, but there are some decent people mixed in with the crap so I've tempered my overall hatred towards the group and tried to be unbias in my evaluation of Bennett.

I honestly do not believe Sam Bennett will be a bust. I think he will have a long career, just not as an elite level guy. I've personally always had him pegged as a solid #2/top 6 winger that at his peak will be a 50 to 60 point guy but that will take a long time to get to that. That's nothing to really be upset about, unless you were one of the masses that believed some absolutely ridiculous hype that came from the Toronto media during his draft year. Next Gilmour, blah blah blah.

If he does bust I will certainly take more joy from that than I should but he really "shouldn't" be a bust and has shown more overall hockey ability than Yak did at similar points in their career.

However the Yak comparisons are interesting, both Bennett and Yak were over hyped during their draft year and have not lived up to that. I imagine it must be hard to imagine being told your awesome and "should" be a point per game + guy tearing the league apart and end up struggling to be an effective 0.5 ppg guy. Also they both only had above average skill sets that looked great in junior but that should have been suspect as to whether those skills would transfer to the NHL level. Neither had the elite size, vision, IQ, playmaking, or speed that many top prospects do. Yaks shot was elite, Bennetts not so much but neither transferred to the NHL level.

It is very early in both players careers and while it's not looking great for either they are still young and have lots of time.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Looks like Jagr has gone straight to the first line now playing with Gaudreau and Monahan. Sounds like that Ferland experiment on the first line isn't working out.. which shouldn't be a surprise to anybody with a brain. I guess their RW depth is even worse than ours.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
next Toews man

on another note, Chayka the genius has the Yotes winless so far this season

Would god be able to get that team to win a game? That is the worst club in the league by a mile and what everybody expected.

Just glanced at the Standings. Wow does the NHL have a crazy schedule. Minnesota has only played 4 games, have had breaks of 4 games and 5 games and have nearly had a week off. Meanwhile several teams in the league have played twice as many, 8 games. Then of course the Wild play back to backs this weekend, lol, so NHL. This ends up looking bushleague on the NHL's part. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad