2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kings owning hockey right now, best team in the league. Go into Columbus, a fantastic club, and win 6-4 without Jeff Carter.

\kings 6-0-1 start.

To watch LA play this year is friggen amazing and reminiscent of their cup years. The degree to which they are moving the puck quickly and sharply is incredible. Plus they've added some electric young speed on the wings. Columbus was winning this game twice but the kings just took it away. Kopitar and Brown looking electric.

Kopitar already with 6G 5A 11pts

The unsung Dustin Brown with 5G 5A 10pts.

Kings have only played 7 games.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kings owning hockey right now, best team in the league. Go into Columbus, a fantastic club, and win 6-4 without Jeff Carter.

\kings 6-0-1 start.

To watch LA play this year is friggen amazing and reminiscent of their cup years. The degree to which they are moving the puck quickly and sharply is incredible. Plus they've added some electric young speed on the wings. Columbus was winning this game twice but the kings just took it away. Kopitar and Brown looking electric.
I thought before the season that San Jose would miss playoffs and LA would replace them. It's looking like Calgary replaces us in the division spot and we will be fighting for a Wild card one.

This LA team is showing the difference between a team that has tuned out the coach to a team that likes the new one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I thought before the season that San Jose would miss playoffs and LA would replace them. It's looking like Calgary replaces us in the division spot and we will be fighting for a Wild card one.

This LA team is showing the difference between a team that has tuned out the coach to a team that likes the new one.

LA is doing what Patrick Maroon says a team should do. Move the puck around swiftly. Their transition game is insane. In an entirely different orbit than the Oilers right now. Its not just skating speed, its how quickly you can burn the opposition with the speed of your reversing it up ice.

Kings have it all right now, transition, exiting own zone flawlessly, goaltending, depth even without Carter. That team is playing so in sync right now.

The coaching change has really helped make it exciting for the Kings again. They've been a joy to watch. This is not the Old Kings hockey exactly either. They look like they are shot out of a cannon. kempe and Iafallo are fantastic kids. Just speed to burn and great hands. How do the Kings get better drafting depth than the Oilers?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
LA is doing what Patrick Maroon says a team should do. Move the puck around swiftly. Their transition game is insane. In an entirely different orbit than the Oilers right now. Its not just skating speed, its how quickly you can burn the opposition with the speed of your reversing it up ice.

Kings have it all right now, transition, exiting own zone flawlessly, goaltending, depth even without Carter. That team is playing so in sync right now.

The coaching change has really helped make it exciting for the Kings again. They've been a joy to watch. This is not the Old Kings hockey exactly either. They look like they are shot out of a cannon. kempe and Iafallo are fantastic kids. Just speed to burn and great hands. How do the Kings get better drafting depth than the Oilers?
Good drafting and a constantly good and dangerous winning AHL team.

Their AHL squad had been top for years. Ours has not been. It makes a huge difference.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Haha ugh I donno if I can read you propping up the Kings every chance you get again.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I was one of the few that said LA will have a bounce back season because they still have Quick and Doughty
still really early but they look like they're back
very impressive without Jeff Carter

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
LA can't do anything wrong and Vegas is on fire. Other than that the rest of the Pacific has been mediocre/bad/awful. Good for the Oilers.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm shocked you would find something to complain about from that statement.
No complaint. I wasn't even intending to trash the team.

I was throwing fire at San Jose and Calgary mostly. Calgary got a new defensemen and new goalies. San Jose got worse I guess. Etc.

And it is good for the Oilers.

Reactions: Del Preston

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No complaint. I wasn't even intending to trash the team.

I was throwing fire at San Jose and Calgary mostly. Calgary got a new defensemen and new goalies. San Jose got worse I guess. Etc.

And it is good for the Oilers.
Sorry, my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad