2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think there is a chance for a suspension.

1) Player safety already made it clear that they aren't gonna tolerate this type of BS on ice.

2) Tkachuk's reputation plus his previous suspension earlier in the season. His spearing today showed that he basically learned jack **** from last time.

But like you said, a fine also seems entirely possible.

He definitely needs to learn cameras are everywhere and shouldnt get away scott free...
lets hope...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
He definitely needs to learn cameras are everywhere and shouldnt get away scott free...
lets hope...

I feel that the last suspension was a little to harsh. Would've been more fair had he just gotten a fine for that Detroit game. If that was the case then this time him getting 1 game would seem within reason.

He's just immature right now. I guess it tends to happen to young players especially ones going down the agitator route. Gonna take some time for the kid to learn to read exactly where the line will be and how to balance himself on the edge of a knife.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Just watched the 3rd period of Ana-Ott... saw it was Miller starting.. cheered for Ana.

Miller shutout!

He was at 2.02GAA and 0.936 sv% coming in in 7 appearances...

Now.... much better.

3-0-4

Gibson... 2.97GAA... i think a 0.922.

8-10-X

my prediction of Miller being their playoff starter appears to be on track..

So calm....

But....that's not possible, don't you know he was outplayed by Eddie Lack?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
lets hope...

Alright, Tkachuk got one game for this little stunt.
Flames' Tkachuk suspended one game for spear on Martin - Article - TSN

EDIT: I thought it would be more fair if Tkachuk got a fine/warning last time, and this time one game suspension. Regardless, a smart agitator would know what kinda stuff the league and the fans won't raise a huge fuzz about. Said agitator would then fly under that altitude and out of focus. The league can't look at every minute detail, else it'll be a police state. Hard to learn this stuff really quickly, it should come with experience. In the mean time he just gotta manage his rep so that he doesn't become too hated by NHL administration.

Last edited:
Reactions: DL44

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I remember when Brandon Prust speared someone in the groin and people thought it was hilarious.

He couldn't even use the immaturity excuse.

Ironically, he was acquired to be a mentor to the kids.

Well, it was Marchand... :sarcasm:

Interesting developments out of Seattle. Something has to go drastically wrong at this point for them not to get an expansion team, IMO.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wonder how much good having Seattle team will do for Canucks traveling wise?

Divisional re-alignment would be interesting. First and foremost, one current Western Conference team would likely get bumped to the East. Nashville or Chicago would be the obvious candidates. Then, one of the current Pacific Division teams would likely shift to the Central Division. Edmonton or Arizona would be the likely candidates there from my perspective.

So really, from a divisional standpoint, you'd have;

Vancouver
Seattle
Calgary
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Las Vegas

With the exception of a 1 hour time difference in Calgary, that's all the same time zone and flight times under 2-3 hours. Far cry from the days where Minnesota and Colorado were in our division.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Matt Barzal is going to end his own career by not paying attention to his skating. Kid is so talented but just cannot stay on his feet

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Matt Barzal is going to end his own career by not paying attention to his skating. Kid is so talented but just cannot stay on his feet

Boeser has some catching up to do now falling behind barzal, just amazed though these teams let barzal skate around and just watch and stare at him like they still dont have a clue who he is, he rushes down the side boards and all the D have to do is angle him and push him toward the boards and tie him up, besides tavares that should be coaches number 1 priority and yet no attention is paid to him.... I dont get why teams just stand and watch him skate around. It was almost comical the other night. Tonight stralman could have easily pushed him to the boards and tied him up on his goal, but he just lazily let him skate around.

With that said boesers effort level is not at barzals level, barzal seems to give it a 110% every night, perhaps its conditioning but the calder trophy will be an uphill battle given how noticeable barzal is and how hard he competes each shift.

Last edited:

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Props to the Senators for bringing *everyone* back - including hated guys like Daigle, Yashin and Lalime (I wonder how much money Yashin wanted? :biglaugh: )

Imagine the Canucks putting an alumni team together with Mark Messier, Dennis Pedersen, Ryan Kesler, and Vladimir Krutov, coached by Mike Keenan.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Props to the Senators for bringing *everyone* back - including hated guys like Daigle, Yashin and Lalime (I wonder how much money Yashin wanted? :biglaugh: )

Imagine the Canucks putting an alumni team together with Mark Messier, Dennis Pedersen, Ryan Kesler, and Vladimir Krutov, coached by Mike Keenan.

That would actually be awesome.

Jesus, has Ottawa ever had a goalie?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

krutov is not available at the current time.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
plz god how do we remove this???

I am blind
YSuhYrUCSbi8IObgLXnlpA.png

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Divisional re-alignment would be interesting. First and foremost, one current Western Conference team would likely get bumped to the East. Nashville or Chicago would be the obvious candidates. Then, one of the current Pacific Division teams would likely shift to the Central Division. Edmonton or Arizona would be the likely candidates there from my perspective.

So really, from a divisional standpoint, you'd have;

Vancouver
Seattle
Calgary
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Las Vegas

With the exception of a 1 hour time difference in Calgary, that's all the same time zone and flight times under 2-3 hours. Far cry from the days where Minnesota and Colorado were in our division.

No.
My prediction...

Colorado along with Seattle move into the Pacific.
Alberta moves into the Central.
Would be the smartest thing they could do.
Alberta gets into a division with all teams in either Mountain/Central/East time zones.... AND stay together.

PAC: Van, Sea, LA, Ana, SJ, LV, Az, Col
CEN: Edm, Cgy, Wpg, Chi, Min, StL, Dal, Nas

That is as ideal as it gets imo.

For reference....

nhlmaplvsea.png

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That Forsling Trade really really Grinds my gears.

Like what the hell was Benning thinking.

He is one of the few bright spots on chicago with 11 points on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad