2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Stars got shut out by Bernier.

Stars favoured to be one of the top teams in the Central. I didn’t think so, I think Hitchcock’s coaching methods won’t win over the some of the head cases there (Radulov, Seguin, Bishop). Plus I always like to see the Stars crap the bed. A carryover from our playoff tilts 97-03.

Reactions: Del Preston

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Stars favoured to be one of the top teams in the Central. I didn’t think so, I think Hitchcock’s coaching methods won’t win over the some of the head cases there (Radulov, Seguin, Bishop). Plus I always like to see the Stars crap the bed. A carryover from our playoff tilts 97-03.
makes me even more angry we blew that game last Saturday
Dallas ain't that good

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Go Vegas go? Nice to see him taking the ducks out. Almost 50 shots so far tonight to the ducks 18.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Vegas and Winnipeg doing the Oilers a solid tonight. The Golden Knights are now first in the Pacific.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We finally got that Matthews v McDavid thread locked. Good work fellas.

...and it's back up again.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So Yakupov with 7 goals now in only 20GP and has scored for the 2nd game in a row and 4 goals in last 8GP this month. All beauties, all completely wiring the puck and getting all of it. He has bit minutes in Colorado, around 12mins a night and is a lethal cannon when the AV's need him to unleash it.
Yak has found a place in Colorado and almost certainly will break his 17 goal record (in 48GP that season) and is on pace for 29goals this year. I would be amazed if he doesn't hit 20. Also 5 of his goals are EV. He's also a plus player on the Av's.

Oilers are begging for goals and Yak, who just turned 24, is hammering them home. I still say if he sticks somewhere like Colorado he'll regularly hit 20 goals.

He's been a fan favorite in Colorado. They just love him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So Yakupov with 7 goals now in only 20GP and has scored for the 2nd game in a row and 4 goals in last 8GP this month. All beauties, all completely wiring the puck and getting all of it. He has bit minutes in Colorado, around 12mins a night and is a lethal cannon when the AV's need him to unleash it.
Yak has found a place in Colorado and almost certainly will break his 17 goal record (in 48GP that season) and is on pace for 29goals this year. I would be amazed if he doesn't hit 20. Also 5 of his goals are EV. He's also a plus player on the Av's.

Oilers are begging for goals and Yak, who just turned 24, is hammering them home. I still say if he sticks somewhere like Colorado he'll regularly hit 20 goals.

He is a good kid who was caught in a bad situation here along with Schultz. He needed the change of scenery and with limited minutes and the right line mates and offensive zone starts he should do ok. I think everyone here wishes him nothing but the best.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

I wish we had just tried him longer with McDavid... Ah well, what could have been.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wish we had just tried him longer with McDavid... Ah well, what could have been.

Well, Maroon did have 27 goals alongside McDavid and Draisaitl 77 points so I wouldn't be longing for Yak. Also, he has no pressure whatsoever in Colorado in a much more free wheeling system, he would not have been afforded such luxuries here.
With that said, I wish all the best for him. Seems like a great guy and we need more personalities like his in the game.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Well, Maroon did have 27 goals alongside McDavid and Draisaitl 77 points so I wouldn't be longing for Yak. Also, he has no pressure whatsoever in Colorado in a much more free wheeling system, he would not have been afforded such luxuries here.
With that said, I wish all the best for him. Seems like a great guy and we need more personalities like his in the game.

I said it more as a huge fan of Yak than I did from an Oilers POV, but in the hypothetical that he runs shotgun with McDavid, Maroon stays on that line too and then we have Drai with RNH or running his own line. I agree, Drai doesn't score 77 pts but hey, maybe he just puts up 60 and doesn't get as huge of a contract either. But trading Yak probably was for the best for both parties - so much bad history and probably a need for a clean slate.

I just feel like we could have had Yak blossom here alongside McDavid, and that would have been awesome as a fan of his since his draft year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Winnipeg is basically the Oilers of last year.

Everything going right for them this year, with a roster full of untapped potential.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The NHL is taking the day off for American Thanksgiving and, of course, that means there's 3 BIG football games to watch.

ASTANA VS. VILLARREAL!
COLOGNE VS. ARSENAL!
AC MILAN VS. AUSTRIA VIENNA!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
We finally got that Matthews v McDavid thread locked. Good work fellas.

...and it's back up again.

Did I read correctly or did someone in the thread mention the only reason Matthews has less points as a whole than McDavid is because the Leafs are an "equal opportunity offence" team?!?!?!?!?!

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce