2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
And Phoenix is up on Toronto 2-1. If they win, they'll be 3 behind.

A lot of posters don't think Chiarelli will be fired if the Oilers wind up in the bottom 5-10 and will be given another season.

I think he will most definitely be gone for sitting on his hands all summer waiting for the calendar to roll around to September with glaring holes in the roster. This was supposed to be a year where the Oilers were supposed to impose their dominance in the division and these "lions" have turned into declawed house cats meanwhile an expansion team is fighting for top spot in the division.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to sum my feelings up. The 5 points the Oilers are out of a wild card spot by might as well be 25.
Yep, never been so disappointed with a team in my life. And been cheering for this team for 30 years. It doesn't help watching the OOT scoreboard either. Other teams seem to overachieve with their assets (Flames).

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just had a look at the box score between Calgary and Washington. Another 5 motherf***ing powerplays for Calgary so far when the Oilers didn't get one in 2 games against the Caps. 4-1 Flames. Barf.

Reactions: MonyontheMoney

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Yikes, maybe I should have held off buying tickets to the BoA in Calgary on the 2nd. Here's hoping the Oilers start getting hot too

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Whoever it was that said Gaudreau and Monohan aren’t cornerstone players is so off. Gaudreau looks better than McDavid the last few weeks and Monohan is on pace for 40+ goals. Infuriating watching them improve and we wallow in our own self crapulence.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Well what are you saying? All teams should earn equal powerplays? Are you calling conspiracy against the Oilers?
No. I was pointing out there is no consistency between the officials from game-to-game.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not sure if this is what you're asking but I'm commenting on our fans who troll their board after an Oilers win. Both fan groups do it. Is that what you're asking?
Yeah. I don't see the point, or understand what trolling another board is going to accomplish.

Anyway, Devils/Wild is getting rough in the third period.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Well tomorrow probably not. Maybe Detroit?
I don't want to say tomorrow is definitely a must-win (in November, kill me) but if they are going to turn it around it has to happen within the next couple games. They need 5 or 6 points over the next four or the hole is going to be way too deep.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't want to say tomorrow is definitely a must-win (in November, kill me) but if they are going to turn it around it has to happen within the next couple games. They need 5 or 6 points over the next four games or the hole is going to be way too deep.
No way we even look competitive against St Louis. We managed a period last time, I don't see us doing that well again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad