2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
No doubt and Matthews isn’t even as good as McDavid but they have done a better job on pretty much everything else. Better drafting outside #1 picks, better trades, better FA signings.

Lou >>>>>> Chiarelli
Babcock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TMac

I think the difference between Lou and Chia is that the former knew what to do with cap space and make the most out of it. The hypocrisy in Chia talking about no loyalty, not having favorites and the BS and goes out and replaces Hall with Lucic [not that Larsson has been useless or anything]. Not to mention, the PTO for Kelly.

I reckon we're gonna see another Bruins/former Sens hasbeen on this roster sooner or later as cavalry

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Flames are looking damn good, wish we had their team.

Are they though? Smith has fallen back to earth, he let in 4 yesterday and the only reason they squeaked one out was due to a career game from Monahan. Their D is still massively underperforming relative to how the experts thought they’d be great and Smith is going to get worn down (already starting to happen) because Lack is a horrible backup.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Are they though? Smith has fallen back to earth, he let in 4 yesterday and the only reason they squeaked one out was due to a career game from Monahan. Their D is still massively underperforming relative to how the experts thought they’d be great and Smith is going to get worn down (already starting to happen) because Lack is a horrible backup.
yup, Flames are just more of the same from last year....mediocre

overrated defense (allowing a whopping 4.14 goals per game this month alone) and their bring saved by a red-hot Gaudreau

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Flames are 5-2 in November. They are miles ahead of us. This year is just freaking terrible

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
yup, Flames are just more of the same from last year....mediocre

overrated defense (allowing a whopping 4.14 goals per game this month alone) and their bring saved by a red-hot Gaudreau

To be fair, their team is at least consistent. Just being slight better than average gives you a fighting chance in the Pacific.

And they can score more than 2 goals. We have McDavid netting 3 points and we STILL lose

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not at home.

Vegas has a 7 game win streak at home..

We have 7 wins :(

Gallant has this bunch of rag-tag cast offs playing with 100% buy in and confidence they can be a good team.

I also think they're playing very hard for the city and to give it something to feel good about in light of the shooting incident that happened there. The team has put the city on its back and is carrying it. Hard not to hope they have a terrific inaugural season, just not at the Oilers expense...but it sure seems like it will be.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Vegas rolling again, beat LA 4-2. Anaheim up on Florida 3-1.

Was Quick drunk last night? He was horribad. Let in 3 goals in 8 shots and got an assist on the 3rd vegas goal. Man, when Quick isn't "Into a game" its very apparent.

This is one of the strangest goalies. One night he can look like the best and other games inattentive and falling asleep out there. I would have pulled him after the first goal at 59 secs on the first long shot that squeaked 5 hole. He wasn't even set.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Heard MacKenzie has a column out about OEL possibly going for Nylander?
There goes that defenseman we wanted so much if so.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Start the new week off with a fresh set of games.

Columbus at Buffalo @ 5 PM SN1, SNE, SNP, MSG-B, FS-O
Arizona at Toronto @ 5 PM SNO, FS-A
Calgary at Washington @ 5 PM TVAS, NBCSWA+, SNW
Winnipeg at Nashville @ 6 PM FS-TN, TSN3
New Jersey at Minnesota @ 6 PM FS-N+, MSG+
Anaheim at San Jose @ 8:30 PM SN, SN1, NBCSCA, FS-W

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Heard MacKenzie has a column out about OEL possibly going for Nylander?
There goes that defenseman we wanted so much if so.

Lol OEL is bad. Has always been bad defensively anyways. Don't need two Klefboms running around with no idea where they are supposed to be.

Leafs get a one dimensional offensive blueliner and Arizona gets a one dimensional offensive forward... Neither team really gets what they need.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Lol OEL is bad. Has always been bad defensively anyways. Don't need two Klefboms running around with no idea where they are supposed to be.

Leafs get a one dimensional offensive blueliner and Arizona gets a one dimensional offensive forward... Neither team really gets what they need.
Ha ha - I think he's gotten worse. However, I do recall some people on here lusting after him a year or two ago. Two Larsson's would be ok though - shouldn't he be more like a Larsson than a Klefdown.?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Calgary will be up on us by 10 points soon. Just the sad way it is.

And Phoenix is up on Toronto 2-1. If they win, they'll be 3 behind.

A lot of posters don't think Chiarelli will be fired if the Oilers wind up in the bottom 5-10 and will be given another season.

I think he will most definitely be gone for sitting on his hands all summer waiting for the calendar to roll around to September with glaring holes in the roster. This was supposed to be a year where the Oilers were supposed to impose their dominance in the division and these "lions" have turned into declawed house cats meanwhile an expansion team is fighting for top spot in the division.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to sum my feelings up. The 5 points the Oilers are out of a wild card spot by might as well be 25.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Great embellishment by Backlund there. Gets a one hand tap with a Capital players stick to his visor and he snaps hi head back Kesler style. Looked hilarious in Slow mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad